Chit Chat

Biogirl2010Biogirl2010 member
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited April 2015 in Chit Chat

Re: .

• so, a little background. I met my husband in high school but we did not date. We sat next to each other in 2 classes every day of my sophomore year. (He was a junior at the time) We talked about so many things in the first and last period every day. I quickly fell for him but knew that he had a girlfriend....and because he is a snarkmaster I didn't think he liked me. The year passed by this way but I never knew he liked me too and was afraid of the same thing I was. (Such a cliche my life is...but I'll take it) The end of that year I gave up and got into a long distance thing with some guy in new jersey. 10 months went by, he came down to visit and meet my mom blah blah blah...soon enough a year, then 2..we had been on and off for that time but we were happy with where we were. He came to visit for the 3rd time just shy of the two and a half year mark. (I went to him for my 18th Birthday) Long story short I found out he cheated. oh no it was horrible 1 month later we split. Blah Blah cried for a day then realized cheaters aren't worth it. In my "day depression" I managed to post a few bitchy statuses here and there. Low and behold my old Biology crush comments to see if I am ok. I told him all that happened and he said he was going through stuff too. We continued to talk more than we ever had in high school and soon enough the truth comes out that we liked eachother...and we realized that never went away. (I giggled and got butterflies every time he texted, his friends asked who he saw naked because of him blushing at my texts) Soon we decided to make it "official" except for one thing....he had moved to virginia! Against my better judjement I got into another LDR because hey, he's worth it right? Yes he was....but that only made it harder on us. It was October when this happened and we knew he was coming in Decmeber. Along the way family drama happened, depression happened, a ton of bad things happened. So low and behold in December we were at Disney together and about to go into Fantasmic (Walking the impossibly long path to the seats with our glowing mickey ears for those of you who know) I took out my phone to take a picture of us and I realized he was not in it..... I turned around to find him on one knee holding what I knew to be his mother's ring asking me to be his wife. (Mickey ears glowing and all because he is that quirky and I love it!) Of course I said yes but he had to go back to work in 2 weeks. We started planning a wedding but one problem after another (My mother not helping because her boyfriend wanted new motorcycle stuff and I know where I fit in that order...) I went to visit in July for his birthday and we eloped. I moved up in September of 2014 and I have to say we have been very happy together. We are even getting a dog together this summer <3 I guess it just hurts when people think I used him as a rebound or to move away from my family or anything. I love my husband and every day I have him is a dream I never thought I could have. Besides, the 2 year guy was the rebound technically lol. My Hubby gave me time to get over the breakup to be sure that it was not a rebound thing and I took the time. I am currently away from him for 2 more weeks (I am visiting family to settle some details for our actual ceremony and reception and he couldn't get the time off) and I just miss him to bits. Well, that is our story..haha I would love to hear any similar, or cute stories any of you have :)

Quoting JIC

A.) Learn to paragraph
    B.) This was very difficult to read
    C.) Called it on the PPD
    D.) YOU ONLY GET ONE WEDDING.  None of this "actual ceremony and reception" bullshit.  Your elopement was your wedding.  Too bad, so sad.
    Anniversary

• What is an "actual ceremony?"

If you eloped, you are married. You even refer to him as a husband. Congrats! Now is time to move on and build your married life together. No need to do a silly play-acting reenactment. 
  • I don't have a similar story as I'm marrying my fiancé once.

And for the love of all things gravy covered, use paragraphs.

But I did notice the commentary about "my mother not helping because her boyfriend wanted new motorcycle stuff"... Yeah. No. Nobody owes you any help on anything. With your financial situation or otherwise. I don't know why on earth you would find this appropriate.

• This should help make my Friday go by faster.....

What a way to start a Friday!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ok, great. Good for you. 

• littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

MUD

I immediately thought the same thing. WTF was even the point of this post? 

ETF: words
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This story would be a lot better if it were half as long.
  • Can someone help with an eyeroll and a popcorn gif? 

Work is boring today. This is sure to help. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

@ShesSoCold You ask and you shall receive.

• Now I'm sorry I replied to your last post.  Nope, you're not real.  Bye now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• emmaaa said:

@ShesSoCold You ask and you shall receive.
    Thanks friend!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Seriously, congrats on getting married, but I have no idea how anyone managed to figure out that you were having a PPD/vow renewal/whatever because I couldn't get far enough through the wall o' text to find that. 

Unfortunately, you can't get married again. Not unless your spouse died, or you got divorced. Marriage is binary - either you are or you aren't. And if you are and say, "Oh, the legal piece of paper doesn't make us MARRIED" - yeah, you're discounting the THOUSANDS of people who are fighting for the right to get that little slip of paper. And by treating your elopement as less than a wedding you're discounting the thousands upon thousands of people who get married by choice through a courthouse or an elopement. 

Vow renewals are fine. Vow renewals after a year... not so much. I know he was deployed, and I know that deployments can be their own special type of hell, but - to me, and I'm CERTAINLY not trying to be insensitive, so forgive me if it comes across like that - going into the Armed Forces, or marrying someone in the Armed Forces, is a choice. It's not like he kept his military status from you. You knew you were signing up for life as a military wife. And there are many, many ladies on this board who signed up for it, and didn't have a vow renewal a year after their wedding because their spouse went on deployment. I really, truly cannot see any situation that a vow renewal after a year makes sense - all the ones I'm coming up with involve either major health problems, or something that is grounds for divorce but you worked through it instead, like cheating, neither of which are likely to take less than a year to work through to a point where a vow renewal is healthy. 

You married young, and you married fast. One or the other is fully capable of being okay. I don't think I've ever seen the two together in a marriage that worked out, certainly not in this day and age. I refuse to say it can't be done, because I'll be proven wrong, but IME it has never worked.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I too technically met my husband in high school. We also didn't date right away.

We married 7.5 years later, and only had one ceremony, like responsible adults. That's our story.

Congrats on getting married! However, as someone who considered herself old enough to get married, you should also consider yourself an adult. A few general tips for being an adult:

1) No one on a site who's never met you before will care about the drama HS details of your dating life.

2) Adults don't expect money from their parents.

3) Adults own their own decisions to elope and don't insinuate that wasn't a good enough wedding by planning a silly dress-up reenactment.

• I've got my bingo cards and popcorn. If someone brings me a margarita, I'm all set for a shitshow!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• That is 10 minutes of my life I will never get back.. I had one side of my brain pulling me away "no don't do it" and the other side saying "I can't look away, it's crazy town". 

You got through it in 10 minutes?!? It took me forever, it felt like.

• I just came for the comments.  
  • i never hated the term hubby until now... image
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • edited April 2015
  • Oh goodie, it's been a bit dull round these parts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards