Chit Chat

Gettin down on Friday

2»

Re: Gettin down on Friday

• jenna8984 said:

@lolo883 When do you close? Are you able to go right into the new house with no in between? Our sale closes 4/24 so we're moving into the apartment this weekend.

Well @jenna8984 we're not quite sure. We close on the old house 4/28 and the new house 4/29, but the current owners of the new house have the option to rent it from us for 14 days following close (paying 1/30th of our mortgage per day). They haven't told us yet how much of that they intend to use.

The buyers of our old house gave us 17 days free occupancy here after close, so we have enough overlap to move... just don't know when within that window it will be. It's super frustrating because we want to hire movers, but we can't schedule them yet. 

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Blergbot my first set of plans is to devour the dark chocolate chip pancakes you will deliver to me. 

DH & I are packing up some sushi & heading to the drive-in tonight. It's not quite summer but we thought it'd be a fun date. 

I work tomorrow (boo), but on Sunday I am super excited to try baking some bread with the bread machine my mom handed down to me. I'll also be taking a few hours to do my usual food prep to start the week off on a good note. It saves my sanity Monday-Wednesday. 
  • I have no concrete plans for the weekend. We have stuff we want/have to do, but nothing on a definite time schedule, thankfully.I'll probably do most of my adulting on Saturday. DH is away on business next week, so I don't have to do much in the way of grocery shopping, but I do want to get the ball rolling on spring cleaning. And I need to find a fancy dress for a wedding I'm going to next month because I've gone up 3 sizes since the wedding. *sigh*
    ~*~*~*~*~

• jenna8984 said:

@lolo883 When do you close? Are you able to go right into the new house with no in between? Our sale closes 4/24 so we're moving into the apartment this weekend.

Well @jenna8984 we're not quite sure. We close on the old house 4/28 and the new house 4/29, but the current owners of the new house have the option to rent it from us for 14 days following close (paying 1/30th of our mortgage per day). They haven't told us yet how much of that they intend to use.

The buyers of our old house gave us 17 days free occupancy here after close, so we have enough overlap to move... just don't know when within that window it will be. It's super frustrating because we want to hire movers, but we can't schedule them yet. 
    ooooo that is annoying with the new house, but super lucky and convenient that your new owners will let you stay for 2 weeks for free!

• Tonight SO is hosting a movie night for his students in the band room, so I'm heading straight to his school after work. I'm hoping my boss sends me home early since the director is on vacation and she went home at 3 yesterday.

Tomorrow, canoeing if it doesn't look like it's going to storm. The humane society is hosting a "kitten baby shower" tomorrow to get supplies for foster/bottle-fed kittens, like milk replacement and blankets, so I'd like to stop buy and make a donation because KITTENS.

Sunday is a Game of Thrones watch party with dinner and dessert.
  • Finally, FINALLY saw some movement on the scale so I definitely am going to try to keep up the momentum on working out this weekend. I have a terrible problem with getting so frustrated that I give up. So I need to use this little burst of success as motivation.

Tomorrow have a nice sleep in, because I havent had one in 3 weeks and its going to be glorious.

Probably do some meal prep for the week

Sunday is TV day. Game of Thrones, Mad Men and Outlander. SO FI will probably make a new recipe and watch TV all evening.
  • Fun & busy weekend ahead for me!

I'm kinda sad bc it's FI's first Friday night at his new job on night shift so we don't get to hang out like we usually do on Friday nights, bummer. BUT it does give me some time to go shopping by myself (which I really enjoy) to get my best friend's birthday present.

Saturday me & another girl are taking our best friend out for her birthday dinner. We're surprising her by taking her to her favorite restaurant downtown, and she doesn't know that we're all going together! I'm really excited!

Sunday I'm going to another friend's gender reveal party and I'm just beyond excited. I have SO MANY friends having babies this year and I LOVE IT. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Long weekend because Mass celebrates "Patriot's Day" on Monday (aka -- Marathon Monday)! Going to my best friend's family's beach house tomorrow to sit on the beach and drink and eat lobster rolls, and then Sunday going to the Sox game with FI, my sister, and my sister's FI, and then Monday starting my herb garden and doing lawn work and house crap.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hitting the gym after work, and then getting a dress for a wedding tomorrow. Tomorrow I want to go an an early run, and then we are heading to the wedding. This is the wedding I posted about, where FMIL wanted to stay with us in the hotel room and sent that crazy text. 

I'm a bit concerned about the wedding. They invited more people than the venue can hold, and are hoping that "they don't notice." I was also informed that there will not be any chairs for guests as they don't want a "cookie cutter wedding." It will be cocktail style, non stop partying. There will only be chairs for the elderly and disabled. I will be sitting on someone's grandad's lap or something, because a girl needs to SIT. I do not want another numb toe incident.

Sunday, depending on when I get back, I might meet with some NYC Knotties! I'm also waiting to hear back from the hair colorist, and hopefully I'll get my hair colored on Sunday also. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

Hitting the gym after work, and then getting a dress for a wedding tomorrow. Tomorrow I want to go an an early run, and then we are heading to the wedding. This is the wedding I posted about, where FMIL wanted to stay with us in the hotel room and sent that crazy text. 

I'm a bit concerned about the wedding. They invited more people than the venue can hold, and are hoping that "they don't notice." I was also informed that there will not be any chairs for guests as they don't want a "cookie cutter wedding." It will be cocktail style, non stop partying. There will only be chairs for the elderly and disabled. I will be sitting on someone's grandad's lap or something, because a girl needs to SIT. I do not want another numb toe incident.

Sunday, depending on when I get back, I might meet with some NYC Knotties! I'm also waiting to hear back from the hair colorist, and hopefully I'll get my hair colored on Sunday also. 
    If I knew there would be no chairs for me, I'd wear my running shoes. Not even kidding. I cannot stand for hours in flats, let alone heels.

• pinkcow13 said:

Hitting the gym after work, and then getting a dress for a wedding tomorrow. Tomorrow I want to go an an early run, and then we are heading to the wedding. This is the wedding I posted about, where FMIL wanted to stay with us in the hotel room and sent that crazy text. 

who is they?  The venue?

Yeah, I think people would be surprised on how stealth we can count guests.    I use to stand with my hands behind my back using a clicker.  I stood by the door with a huge smile on  my face greeting everyone ever so nicely.     Really what I was doing was counting heads.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @ohannabelle I love that you will get this reference when most don't. CHECK FOR PODS!!

• lyndausvi said:

who is they?  The venue?

Yeah, I think people would be surprised on how stealth we can count guests.    I use to stand with my hands behind my back using a clicker.  I stood by the door with a huge smile on  my face greeting everyone ever so nicely.     Really what I was doing was counting heads.

Yeah I'm thinking they probably thought the venue wouldn't notice if they didn't have chairs, but they are way wrong. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm supposed to go to a twins game with a bunch of people but I don't want tooooo. Fewer fucks could not be given. I can't even get excited about it being my first time going to a pro sports event. H is kinda sick so he's leaning toward skipping it and I'm crossing my fingers. God I hate sports so much. 

I just wanna sleep all weekend. And listen to Beyonce. Why did it take me 28 years to become obsessed with Beyonce? 
  • SO is gone for weekend at a bachelor party, I have to run 8 miles tomorrow for my half training. I'm hoping to get my butt up and early and out the door as soon as I can in the morning.
  • Two different happy hours tonight with different groups of friends.

We have 2 baby events tomorrow. Trying to put on my game face and hoping I don't embarrass myself. One of H's friends just had a baby, so he wants to stop by and see her on the way to a baby shower for another one of his friends. I've actually been pretty ok this week, so I am hoping tomorrow goes ok.

Sunday, prob errands and a bit of yard work.
  • FI is out of town (visiting friends in FL, no big deal) so I'll be on my own with the pup.

Nothing concrete tonight, although a friend is involved in an arts festival/panel so I might go to that and support him.

I might go to the cherry blossom festival in Queens tomorrow, but it's actually supposed to be so nice that I might just hang out and sunbathe in the park!

Sunday I will cheer my friend on at a half marathon, and then go spinning with some NYC Knotties (suckered in because of their personalities; definitely not for the spin). 

Oh, and somewhere in there I need to build a wedding website and actually get my shit together and make sure I have addresses for everyone on the guest list. I am the worst at wedding-ing, I swear to god.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Tonight - Me and FI are staying in and doing Movies.  He hasn't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies, I intend to change that.  

Tomorrow I'm doing some homework and study for the finals that are fast approaching.  FI invited a comedy couple over for dinner so I'm making dinner and we're going ot hang out with them for a while.  

Sunday is more homework and some light housework.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FI is out of town (visiting friends in FL, no big deal) so I'll be on my own with the pup.

Nothing concrete tonight, although a friend is involved in an arts festival/panel so I might go to that and support him.

I might go to the cherry blossom festival in Queens tomorrow, but it's actually supposed to be so nice that I might just hang out and sunbathe in the park!

Sunday I will cheer my friend on at a half marathon, and then go spinning with some NYC Knotties (suckered in because of their personalities; definitely not for the spin). 

Oh, and somewhere in there I need to build a wedding website and actually get my shit together and make sure I have addresses for everyone on the guest list. I am the worst at wedding-ing, I swear to god.
    When is the spinning occuring?!
  • falsara said:

Tonight - Me and FI are staying in and doing Movies.  He hasn't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies, I intend to change that.  

Tomorrow I'm doing some homework and study for the finals that are fast approaching.  FI invited a comedy couple over for dinner so I'm making dinner and we're going ot hang out with them for a while.  

You cannot marry him until this is remedied.

• littlepep said:

lyndausvi said:

who is they?  The venue?

Yeah I'm thinking they probably thought the venue wouldn't notice if they didn't have chairs, but they are way wrong. 

Yup, they think  - or hope - that the venue people won't notice. I did not even think that maybe that's the real reason for not having chairs, and they are just justifying the reason. Well, I will soon find out. I am definitely bringing my flats.

I always wondered how venues counted the number of people. FMIL "advised" us to tell our venue that we are having less people than we really are, so that they don't charge us for everyone since "we will probably have no shows." We were just like
    image.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

littlepep said:

lyndausvi said:

who is they?  The venue?

Yup, they think  - or hope - that the venue people won't notice. I did not even think that maybe that's the real reason for not having chairs, and they are just justifying the reason. Well, I will soon find out. I am definitely bringing my flats.

I always wondered how venues counted the number of people. FMIL "advised" us to tell our venue that we are having less people than we really are, so that they don't charge us for everyone since "we will probably have no shows." We were just like
    image.

Oh good grief. I can't even understand that nonsensical thought process. .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13 said:

littlepep said:

lyndausvi said:

who is they?  The venue?

image.

That makes absolutely no sense!
  • The good: H let me sleep in and made me those dark chocolate pancakes (sorry, I ate them all @ElcaB).

The bad: I have a cold
  • falsara said:

Tonight - Me and FI are staying in and doing Movies.  He hasn't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies, I intend to change that.  

You cannot marry him until this is remedied.
    Y'all... FI doesn't like the Fast and the Furious movies.

Are we doomed????
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @lolo883 it's being remedied this week.  We watched the first one last night.  He forgot it came out in 2001. It took him a bit to get over some of the things that made the film dated.  He liked all the stunts and stuff though, and Vin Diesel.  

@helloweetie1015 I wouldn't say it's doomed but you may have to find a redeeming factor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• falsara said:

lolo883  it's being remedied this week.  We watched the first one last night.  He forgot it came out in 2001. It took him a bit to get over some of the things that made the film dated.  He liked all the stunts and stuff though, and Vin Diesel.  

helloweetie1015  I wouldn't say it's doomed but you may have to find a redeeming factor.

Oh good, he has lots of those! :D
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards