New Jersey

Outdoor Wedding Venue

Hi! I am looking at different venues for a May/June 2016 wedding. I am flexible with location but am looking for a venue where I can get married outside, with a pretty indoor alternative (which is so hard to find!) I would love for the reception to be in a tent, but can be indoors too. I just don't want a traditional ballroom. I am hoping to pay about 100 a person. 

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venue

• Knoll Country Club. We got married there last May. There are 2 buildings, east and west. Both have outdoor ceremony space. Both use the ballroom for ceremony space if needed, but in the East building, you could also do it in the foyer, which I thought was a pretty space with large windows & a fireplace. We had gorgeous weather so ours was outside.

Cocktail hour is in a tent at the East building, which I loved.

If you mean $100 before tax/ tip, we paid in that range.

• Congrats! We are getting married at Windows on the Water in Millstone next year. We also did not want a ballroom/wedding factory venue. They only do tented receptions but will cost you more than $100 per plate during May/June.
  • Thanks for your input!! 

I should have clarified 100pp before tax and tip. 
  • Check out the Sussex Conservatory - it's at the Sussex County Fairgrounds and has a beautiful outdoor space (and covered space for a rain plan) and a beautiful indoor space for your reception.  You get to bring in your own caterer, which allows you to find one that matches your budget.
  • The place on the lake. It was a little out of our budget but might work for yours. I fell in love with it when we had the tour and took a lot for me to pass it up. 
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Your budget is on the low side so I would try hall type places.  I know the Lacey Elks lodge has a beautiful outside space on the water.  The Lake Hopatcong Elks Lodge in Mount Arlington can also do an indoor / outdoor thing & has a large flat lawn for your rented tent.  The outdoor spaces at these Elks lodges are nicer then the indoor spaces.

Perona Farms in Andover might work but you won't get a Friday or Saturday night at $100 pp.  Look at the Lake Mohawk Country Club in Sparta. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards