Chit Chat

Erin Condren Life Planner

I totally caved and just bought one of these because they are on sale.  I don't intend to get all crazy planner lady with it, but I am pretty excited about it.  Do any of you have one?  What do you like best about it?

Re: Erin Condren Life Planner

• What is it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I just bought a Lilly Pulitzer planner on Amazon to write down my meals. I've heard of these planners but don't really know what they are. Can you explain? I'm a bit intrigued.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This will explain more about it than I can,

https://www.erincondren.com/life-planners-more

People get obsessed with these planners, and make like planner videos, get crazy stickers for tracking every aspect of their life, etc...there are also people out there that use so many stickers that their planner looks like a scrapbook. 

I'm not interested in that, I'm just interested in using the calendar and some of the tools with it for meal planning etc.. plus the covers are pretty cool too since they're interchangeable.

• Maybe I'm just not getting it, but "25 lined pages" seems like child's play to me.  The stickers and everything seem cool, but I feel like they would end up falling to the way side as I became more utilitarian instead of artsy with my schedule. 

• I've checked them out before and liked all the different add-ons and options, but just couldn't justify spending that much on a planner!
  • AlisonM23 said:

I've checked them out before and liked all the different add-ons and options, but just couldn't justify spending that much on a planner!

They're on sale now, I don't know how long they will be, but I got mine for $30 instead of $50 :)
  • Ohhh I got my Lilly planner on sale for $9 so $30 or $50 is just too much for me. I think if I were more organized and more of a planner type girl I'd spend the money. But I'm so disorganized and would just wind up losing it.

• hellohkb said:

Ohhh I got my Lilly planner on sale for $9 so $30 or $50 is just too much for me. I think if I were more organized and more of a planner type girl I'd spend the money. But I'm so disorganized and would just wind up losing it.

I like the Lilly ones too, how did you get it on sale for that cheap? Aren't they usually pretty pricey too? Or am I thinking of Kate Spade? I know her planners are like $50-$75 usually.
  • Actually, someone from this company was spamming the TK boards a few months ago and we banned them. But admittedly, I did go to the website to check it out. I didn't really get the hype. 

What do you love about it?
    *********************************************************************************

People get obsessed with these planners, and make like planner videos, get crazy stickers for tracking every aspect of their life, etc...there are also people out there that use so many stickers that their planner looks like a scrapbook. 

I'm not interested in that, I'm just interested in using the calendar and some of the tools with it for meal planning etc.. plus the covers are pretty cool too since they're interchangeable.

Who has time for that?
  • I like that it has to do lists, and meal planning lists that come standard in the planner so I don't have to use the extra blank sheets in the back for those things.. I usually use all of those up in a month or less with regular planners, and I like that it has pockets, and folders for things like receipts, business cards, etc so that I can have everything in one place as opposed to all in my purse/wallet.
  • I do everything electronically with my phone and computer, so a paper planner is wasted on me.  I used to keep a really organized, perfect paper planner back before I got my first Palm Pilot-- I need everything calendared or I will forget it, and I love task lists.  But the moment I could go paperless I never really went back.  My work and personal calendars both sync to my phone, along with my task lists and all my notes.  I even use my iPad to take notes in work meetings so the notes are searchable in Outlook and sync to my phone, so I never lose anything.

My friend bought me a lovely paper Moleskine planner with a gold cover for my birthday.  I keep it on my desk at work because it's so beautiful and looks professional, but I only pull it out when I need to look at a paper calendar to calculate a court date.

Plenty of people prefer paper, so this brand looks fine for that.  The covers are really cute.  I don't see the draw of the stickers, though.  Seems juvenile to me.  And if you use them that much, wouldn't you run out of stickers?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• hellohkb said:

Ohhh I got my Lilly planner on sale for $9 so $30 or $50 is just too much for me. I think if I were more organized and more of a planner type girl I'd spend the money. But I'm so disorganized and would just wind up losing it.

I like the Lilly ones too, how did you get it on sale for that cheap? Aren't they usually pretty pricey too? Or am I thinking of Kate Spade? I know her planners are like $50-$75 usually.
    That's Kate Spade, I think. I saw one listed for lIke $70 and I thought it was either a mistake or they were joking. Mine was originally like $17.95 but Amazon had it on sale for some reason.

• I do everything electronically with my phone and computer, so a paper planner is wasted on me.  I used to keep a really organized, perfect paper planner back before I got my first Palm Pilot-- I need everything calendared or I will forget it, and I love task lists.  But the moment I could go paperless I never really went back.  My work and personal calendars both sync to my phone, along with my task lists and all my notes.  I even use my iPad to take notes in work meetings so the notes are searchable in Outlook and sync to my phone, so I never lose anything.

My friend bought me a lovely paper Moleskine planner with a gold cover for my birthday.  I keep it on my desk at work because it's so beautiful and looks professional, but I only pull it out when I need to look at a paper calendar to calculate a court date.

Plenty of people prefer paper, so this brand looks fine for that.  The covers are really cute.  I don't see the draw of the stickers, though.  Seems juvenile to me.  And if you use them that much, wouldn't you run out of stickers?

Yes I would think so, but if you use the stickers, there are other sites where you can reorder them cheaper than at Erin Condren. I may or may not use the stickers, and may only use them for special appt type things, not things like tracking my water intake or whatever.

Who has time for that?

Ain't nobody...
    *********************************************************************************

• The sticker aspect is pretty appealing to me. Because stickers.

• I used to get planners like this before my school year started. They seriously look just like the planners I used to buy at Target every school year. And use very religiously. For a month. Before I lost it. 
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    Have to admit, when I read the words "Life Planner," my immediate thought was Life Planner? You can plan this shit? 

Like JCbride2015, I'm all electronic.

I just looked at them. They look like ordinary planners, but all gussied up.  With additional accessories available. I think they're probably no more efficient than any other planner. 

They strike me more as grown up coloring books for people that really really enjoy the act of organizing things. 
    My mom. My mom would have a ball with this. Her heart skips a beat at color coded labeling systems. She could organize a revolutionary army of rabid hamsters, and think it was fun, and show me how they were divided by size and color and rank into color coded stackable cages.  She'd make a feeding chart, and send copies to the vet and pet sitter. 

I'd have more fun squandering the 30-50 dollars. 
  • Have to admit, when I read the words "Life Planner," my immediate thought was Life Planner? You can plan this shit? 

Like JCbride2015, I'm all electronic.

I just looked at them. They look like ordinary planners, but all gussied up.  With additional accessories available. I think they're probably no more efficient than any other planner. 

They strike me more as grown up coloring books for people that really really enjoy the act of organizing things. 
    My mom. My mom would have a ball with this. Her heart skips a beat at color coded labeling systems. She could organize a revolutionary army of rabid hamsters, and think it was fun, and show me how they were divided by size and color and rank into color coded stackable cages.  She'd make a feeding chart, and send copies to the vet and pet sitter. 

I'd have more fun squandering the 30-50 dollars. 

Your mom and I have that in common ;)
  • I have a minor obsession with planners and I actually just discovered Erin Condren about two weeks ago. I couldn't resist the sale after browsing the website at least once a day. I had just finished checking the delivery status before coming over here and seeing this thread. It's being delivered today and I'm embarrassingly excited! 
  • Soooo...it's like Lisa Frank but marketed to grown women?

Meh.  Too fussy, too many pieces to keep track of.
  • ....I need this. Not now, because it's April and I can't handle that, but.... yep. This is a thing I need. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • ....I need this. Not now, because it's April and I can't handle that, but.... yep. This is a thing I need. 

I can't wait to get mine in!
  • @plainjane0415 so far it's exactly what I hoped for! My only complaint is that it's a little difficult to move the pages at first, but I think they will loosen up a bit with more use. It came with all kinds of extra goodies also (although it's possible these items were included in the description and I missed it). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards