Chit Chat

What are you eating for lunch today?

I didn't bring a lunch today and am trying to decide what to get. We have pretty much everything near by so I need to narrow it down.

What did you bring/order/eat for lunch today?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you eating for lunch today?

• I decided I wanted to eat less frozen meals so I bought trappings for a roast beef sandwich. It has lettuce, swiss, and horseradish sauce. I'm excited to eat it. I'll also have some chips and a fruit cup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Probably fast food of some sort.  I have to run to CVS to pick up a prescription on my lunch break.

• On work days, I eat the same thing for lunch everyday: a bowl of cereal. It's usually Special K or Chex. I work through lunch, so it's the easiest thing for me to eat at my desk (I eat it dry- I hate milk on my cereal.)

• The Jack & Jill party that I attended Saturday night had pounds and pounds of leftover food, so they set out to-go containers for anyone to load up. I saw people walking out with 5 containers full! So I have beef, chicken, and pasta from that which I'm going to eat any minute now.

• Just finished I had Thai noodle soup.... So good!

• I am having leftover sesame chicken for lunch. Only an hour until my lunch break! I can do this!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was buying lunch too often so the last week or so I've kept sandwich stuff at the office.  This week I have baby carrots and sliced turkey and provolone.  I wasn't really into the gluten free bread, so I have just been making meat cigars - rolling turkey with provolone and some mustard.  It's been nice to have food here but also I kind of get cabin fever-y when I don't leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can eat whenever but I try to hold off until after 12, I feel like the afternoon goes quicker that way. Roast beef does sound good..maybe I can hit up Arbys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leftovers. I made a mishmash of ground turkey, onion, tomatoes, and black beans with rice and veggies for dinner last night. I will probably just eat the turkey/beans with an egg on top, since I'm trying to limit the carbs.

I go home for lunch at least three days a week to let the puppy out, so I pretty much eat whatever I can find in the fridge.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually have a small snack at work (smoothie from home, lara bar or other snack bar) and then have lunch at home (I leav work at 2). Today is leftovers from last night: tofu stirfry with lots of veggies. 

imageimage

• A Salad. Red Onion, red peppers, asparagus and avocado. With a bit of feta cheese (had a hankering after the Feta post) and homemade salad dressing. With a tiny bit of leftover chicken.

Also have some almonds for snackin. 

• hicoco said:

I can eat whenever but I try to hold off until after 12, I feel like the afternoon goes quicker that way. Roast beef does sound good..maybe I can hit up Arbys!

I purposely hold out until 1:15 because it makes the afternoon go way faster lol

• @jenna8984, a girl after my own heart! haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BJ's made our salad without dressing yesterday, so they gave us a brand new one and let us have both.  I just wanted extra dressing, but I'm not complaining.  Now I have a great caesar salad for lunch. 

• I usually wait until at least 1 to have my lunch too. Really does make the day go by faster! This morning I came in late so I'm just going to lunch now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jenna8984 said:

hicoco said:

I can eat whenever but I try to hold off until after 12, I feel like the afternoon goes quicker that way. Roast beef does sound good..maybe I can hit up Arbys!

I purposely hold out until 1:15 because it makes the afternoon go way faster lol
    Ugh, I miss doing this. I used to wait until 1:45, specifically because I hate working after lunch. But for the time being I have to go home at noon for the puppy, so my afternoons feel sooo long.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to a place called the Big Salad and got a salad. It was yummy!
  • I hadn't eaten lunch yet because I thought I had to run to a meeting...but my coworkers threw me a little surprise shower! So I had cake and fruit for lunch. Yum!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This thread is making me SO hungry! I still have 10 minutes until noon. I don't like to eat sooner because then I am starving by the time the day is over.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had leftover lo mein. DH is gone this week, which means minimal cooking.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I ended up getting a sub from Firehouse Subs. It was a let down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I work from home and just made a turkey sandwich.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I usually have leftovers from the night before. Today, I went to Bojangles...so worth it.

• I am just now eating lunch. I have broccoli chicken alfredo.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• emmaaa said:

I usually have leftovers from the night before. Today, I went to Bojangles...so worth it.

We just got a bojangles where I live and let me tell you... I don't know how I lived without their breakfast.. SO GOOD.
  • emmaaa said:

I usually have leftovers from the night before. Today, I went to Bojangles...so worth it.

We just got a bojangles where I live and let me tell you... I don't know how I lived without their breakfast.. SO GOOD.
    I love it so much. I got the Cajun Filet w/cheese combo, seasoned fries and sweet tea. 

I usually don't eat lunch until 2 and let me tell YOU...biscuits are still good at 2.

• @hicoco This was mine today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards