Not Engaged Yet
Options

Fitness Check In week of April 20

Morning ladies! I know some of you may still be a little rough yet from a certain someone's BP over the weekend ;) so I thought I would start the weekly check in discussion.

I did really well this weekend. Had a great workout on Friday after work. I tried splurging again on Friday by ordering pizza for BF and I since he had ZERO in the house. Long story short, it took an hour and half to get there and we refused the pizza since it was in his car for at least 45 minutes at that point and we were not called saying there was a delay or anything. We were pretty ticked off so we got ready and went out for Indian food. Yet another sign that I should not even try to cheat once, FML...

Saturday I worked in the restaurant and had no time to eat all day so BF took me to Chipotle for dinner and I had my usual veggie bowl. Sunday I had another great workout with leftover Chipotle for lunch. For dinner we had cilantro chicken and a sweet potato. It was delish. I went grocery shopping and bought some PBD so I will try that soon too.

Today I had a luna bar for breakfast (I forgot I brought boca sausage patties) and for lunch I am having an english muffin with a California boca patty and an orange. Planning on making fajitas tonight with ground turkey for dinner and working out to get rid of this bitchiness inside me (it's that bad).

How is everyone else doing? Anyone try anything new lately like a healthy recipe? New exercise? Learn any tips they want to share?

HAPPY MONDAY! :P

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 

Re: Fitness Check In week of April 20

• Options
    I am so excited about the weekend!  I really made some good choices and I'm so happy about it.

Friday we had Chipotle for lunch.  I ate about half of my bowl plus half of a guac.  For dinner I made homemade pizza with beer crust (again).  I went to a YL oils class where there were snacks and wine, but I wasn't hungry so I didn't munch at all. 

Saturday I had some chicken minis for breakfast and half a scone.  I got a pretty healthy lunch, carne asada with salad and a few bites of rice and beans.  I had 1/3 of a brownie at lunch and another 1/3 at dinner.  For dinner I made arroz gaucho (not so healthy) but I only had one bowl.  I packed healthy snacks for the soccer game, and ended up munching on baby carrots and grapes.  I had another 1/3 of the brownie at dinner, too.

Sunday I made breakfast for us (eggs + bacon + toast) and passed on homemade chocolate chip cookies and pigs in a blanket at church.  Lunch was a burger patty, cucumber/tomato/arugula salad, a few baked waffles fries, and 1/2 homemade roll.  For "dinner" I just had some protein granola and blueberries with almond milk.

I worked out every day, even yesterday when I was NOT feeling it.

Today I've got healthy foods packed for work and I am committed to staying on track.  Breakfast was a shake (protein, almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1/4 avocado, spinach, 3/4 TBS PB) and some coffee.  For lunch I've got a burger patty, 1/2 avocado and sugar snap peas, some plantain chips and fresh salsa, pineapple and blueberries.  Snack is an apple and fresh mozzarella bites.  Dinner is chili and baby carrots.  Work out today is PiYo Buns... it's a tough work out, but it hurts so good.

I've been gradually gaining weight.  I'm positive it's because of the thyroidectomy, because I haven't changed anything else.  I'm eating the same and working out the same.  I also feel really tired and some other symptoms.  I'm getting my blood levels checked May 1st, so hopefully I can keep from gaining too much more before then.  It is so frustrating, but there's not much I can do about it right now except to stay on track and do the best I can.
  • Options
    @cocobellaf I know what you mean, I am getting my thyroid level checked next month too and you are absolutely right, the only thing to do is stay on track until then. It's a frustrating process though. Good vibes your way for May 1! All of your food sounds so damn good right now!
  • Options

Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining in on this. I've been trying to get back into the swing of things and I would love to post here to help keep myself accountable.

To kick off my fitness goals, I completed my first 5k ever yesterday! It was hard for me because I didn't train properly but I am so proud that I was still able to complete it within the allotted time. To keep things going I'm going to try to run at least 2 miles 3X a week and incorporate my 21 day fix workouts as well.

I'm going food shopping tonight so I would love to hear some of your favorite recipes for picky eaters since my SO and my son can be difficult and I would prefer not to make two meals.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@stefuhknee Of course! Welcome! I have toooooons of recipes! What foods don't they like? It would help narrow down what types of recipes to post.

Congrats @swazzle !

• Options
    Ugh the last week has been terrible with food and exercise. This week's focus is detoxing and getting back in the swing of exercising. Today I'm drinking a ton of water and detox tea, and then tomorrow I'm going to start exercising again. I want to double up on working out 2-3 days this week to help get all of this sludge out of my body. I also placed an order for the Shakeology sampler, so I'm going to try and work a few breakfast smoothies back into my diet, and I'm going to work this week to get back to home-cooked meals. FI and I have been super lazy lately and have been eating a lot of frozen and/or processed foods instead of cooking. We loaded up on meats and fresh produce at the grocery store over the weekend, and my goal is to cook 4 nights each week. My bridal shower is in about 6 weeks, so I need to get my butt in gear! 

• Options
    @loves2dream - Thanks! They're not big veggie eaters. My SO's fave meals are usually mac and cheese with fried chicken, lots of rice and beans, fried chicken cutlet, tacos & pastas. He will only eat salad with Caesar dressing and maybe broccoli. He's tall and lean so eating healthy is not a big priority in his book.

• Options

@stefuhknee
    Hmmm, that is tough! I am sure some other's will have ideas too but could you
    bread his chicken in chips (to simulate a crispy fried piece of chicken) or
    breadcrumbs and then bake it instead of fry it? Then you can have a healthier
    chicken while only making one meal. If he will eat a salad with Caesar
    dressing, I say make it as the veggie at least two nights a week and have your
    own dressing and then broccoli another one or two. If he doesn't like the new
    rotation you could suggest he make his own sides or make plenty of rice beans
    for him on Sunday that you simply need to reheat.

Tacos can
    made be made about 1000 ways now. You can use ground turkey or chicken instead
    of beef and some nights I skip the shell or tortilla and just have a taco salad
    on a huge bed of spinach and top it with a simple pico de gallo (fresh or store
    bought) and maybe a little cheese, so good! You can also make fish tacos, which
    are amazing, or even chicken fajitas with just a simple fajita mix, peppers and
    onions. So tasty!

For pasta,
    we switched to whole grain but have tried the gluten free variety as well and
    it was good! Do not overcook though! I measure out my portion and 2 ozs isn't
    much when you see it but you can add a ton of things to make it more filling
    and better for you like mushrooms, broccoli, peas, zucchini, onions, chopped
    tomatoes, etc. We rarely use a jar sauce since it is pretty easy to make a
    homemade one but lately we have just been adding spinach, shrimp and little
    olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper to taste, it's divine and simple!

In general, I might slowly try adding new twists and foods
    and see what happens. BF is super picky too and won’t touch a lot of dairy but
    he has adjusted now and appreciates more variety in his diet but it took
    time. 

If I think of any other recipes or ideas, I will let you
    know!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Options
    @loves2dream those are a lot of good ideas, thank you for the tips! I will keep them in mind when I go shopping tonight.

• Options
    Hi everybody!!

I did OK over the weekend, not the best, but it could have been worse.  Food wise, I made pancakes and eggs both Sat and Sun for H and I.  On Saturday we went for a 13 mile bike ride; my HRM said I burned around 700 calories (wow I'm out of shape) my average moving speed was 11.8MPH.  My thighs/hips are still feeling a little 'tight' today (what a great feeling though).  After our bike ride, we stopped at a favorite restaurant of ours and got salads (I couldn't even finish mine!).  When we got home my big box of nutrisystem food was waiting for me.  Dinner on Saturday was not a winning moment for me - I had ice cream and gummy bears.  Sunday I made tacos for lunch and had ice cream again for dinner.

Today I'm starting the Nutrisystem Fast 5 - but I'm already cheating a little (not bad cheats, just added a little more to my salad than I should have).

Breakfast:  NS Blueberry lemon bar (I liked this more than I thought I would)

Snack:  NS shake - a lot of people complained about the shake because it has a lot of caffeine in it and it has a weird taste, so I made it with almond milk (which is approved for it).

Lunch:  NS Trail mix bar ; salad (My salad cheats are:  black beans, chic peas, a tiny tiny amount of cheese, 3 croutons (seriously, 3), and cilantro lime dressing (45 calories per serving, I used less than 1 serving) - so nothing horrible; just enough to make me a little more excited about my salad).

Snack:  NS Shake

Dinner:  NS Chicken Alfredo (everybody said this one kind of sucks, so we will see)

Added veggies:  celery w/salsa; snap peas; baby carrots

During Fast 5, they do ask that you limit your exercise to light cardio because the low amount of calories (which I'm not 100% on board with - it's like at around 1100 calories a day; I'm a strong believer in 1200-1500)

Today I am feeling empowered though - I hope the feeling lasts!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Friday was pretty bad (pizza + beer + cheesecake for dinner), but I got back into the swing of things on Saturday. Saturday was really a good day.  I had oatmeal with sliced almonds and a banana for breakfast and rice cakes with peanut butter and veggies for lunch, and I did my C25k workout and lifted at the gym.  Saturday night my mom made pancakes and sausage, but she made some blueberry pancakes, so I got an extra serving of fruit (and I didn't put any syrup on them, so I did without that extra sugar!).  Sunday I didn't work out but I did eat pretty well, and only had one donut at church (they were still warm, so saying no to them was absolutely not happening).

Today has been pretty good so far.  I had 2 scrambled eggs and oatmeal with a banana for breakfast and then spaghetti squash with meat sauce for lunch.  I did my C25k workout this morning and I'm planning on going to yoga tonight before ballet (ballet = rehearsal = a lot more standing around than actual dancing).  I'm not sure what I'm going to do for dinner...I'll be on the go so I'll probably swing by Subway or Panera.

Something cool from this weekend: I got my Fitbit and I am totally in love!  It's helping so much with me really know how many calories I'm burning and how active I'm being!  I was a little worried about wearing it on my wrist, but it hasn't bothered me at all.  I also really love the vibrating alarm that wakes me up in the morning.

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian - I have the ChargeHR fitbit!  Which one did you get?  I love mine.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I have the Fitbit Flex!  It's amazing.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    TUESDAY CHECK-IN 4/21/2015

Did my work out last night, stuck to my meals except I didn't eat my snack (wasn't hungry) and then had 3 Dove chocolates and half a cookie.  Not horrible.

Today is PiYo Drench.  It's so long (48 minutes).  I have ST Pulled Pork in the crockpot, so thankfully I don't have to worry about much cooking.

ETA:  Got my healthy foods packed today...
    Breakfast:  Shake (vanilla protein, 1/2 c. pineapple, 1/2 avocado, 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 c. almond milk, 1 XS banana) and black coffee
    Lunch:  CL chili with 1/2 oz shredded cheese, crunched up plantain chips to put on top, baby carrots and sugar snap peas, fun-size M&Ms
    Snack:  apple + mozzarella bites and a PB packet if I'm really hungry
    Dinner:  ST Pulled Pork, small homemade roll, broccoli slaw, mango, salad with EVOO, 1/2 cookie

• Options
    @Futuremrshistorian - Congrats on your FitBit purchase.  I have a Samsung Gear Fit, I wish it had more of the social aspects that the fitbit has, but it does a nice link up with my phone and I like the cycling exercise feature it has.

NS = Nutrisystem

So day 1 on fast 5 of nutrisystem.  I didn't follow the plan 100%, but I definitely did not eat horrible:
    Morning:  1/2 cup skim milk (not on plan)
    NS Blueberry Lemon Bar
    NS Energizing shake (made w/almond milk)

Lunch/afternoon:  NS Trail Mix bar
    Salad - I had a few things that were not NS Fast 5 approved, but nothing that I would deem unhealthy
    NS Craving Crusher shake

Dinner/evening:
    Baby Carrots
    Snap peas
    celery w/salsa
    NS Chicken Alfredo
    1/2 cup skim milk

I didn't get any exercise as I worked an odd shift.

Anniversary
  • Options

I did OK yesterday but I felt like I had most of my calories gone by the time dinner came around. I worked out but I tried a new regiment and hit the button on the treadmill for weight loss intervals, entered my weight and information and it started for me. The whole workout was super slow. It had me starting out walking at like 1.9 miles an hour for almost two minutes and I was getting bored/frustrated so I increased the pace. Ok great, then it does inclines but it never inclined over 2.5 and it kept going down to a very low pace during the intervals (It never went over 3 mph) so I kept turning things up and next thing I know my time is up and I haven't even burned half the calories I normally would in this time frame. I was so frustrated.

I am trying to switch up our diet a little since it seemed to be getting repetitive. After my workout I made ground turkey fajitas. It was good but I forgot the mushrooms. My snack later was an apple, the apple must have been huge before BF sliced it for me because by the end of it, I was sharing with the dog and just over it. (I might insert a reminder here that I was quite crabby yesterday which is continuing today, lucky for everyone around me!)

Anyway, today I have boca sausage for breakfast, a boca patty for lunch with an orange and almonds or yogurt for a snack if I get hungry. I am making tilapia for dinner with a veggie on the side, maybe some aspargus. I am going to the gym after work and will either do a climb on the treadmill (on my terms) or the elliptical.

Good job everyone!!!

• Options

Morning ladies! Yesterday was an ok day for me in terms of eating. For breakfast I had half a wheat bagel and a banana with some coffee. For lunch I went to Panera and had half of a chicken avocado cobb salad (it was delicious)! I did a little food shopping yesterday and for dinner I made pasta with peas and grilled chicken.

I didn't workout because my body is still in recovery mode from the 5k that I did on Sunday but tonight I will try and do some strength exercises from the 21 day fix program.

Sweet potatoes and grilled steak with roasted broccoli for dinner tonight!

• Options
    Yesterday was awesome--Fitbit went so far as to call me an "overachiever".  I even had enough calories leftover for a frozen yogurt after ballet!

We'll see how today goes.  I feel like there are little evil sinus elves building nests in my head, but I'm supposed to lift weights and teach Zumba tonight.  Hopefully with a little extra sleep I'll be able to do it.  The hard part for today will be sticking to a good eating plan--the minute I get sick all I want is comfort food.  I had honey/vanilla kefir (which basically tastes like a milkshake) and a rice cake and 4 Dove chocolates for breakfast.  I have leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce for lunch, and then my dad is taking us out for either Chinese or Mexican tonight.  If it's Chinese I'll probably get beef and broccoli; not sure what I'll do if it's Mexican.  Maybe fajitas...that way I can limit my carb intake and get all the veggies in as well.
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian Augh, I hope it's NOT a sinus infection! I wouldn't wish one of those on someone who kicked my dog! Ok, proabably someone who kicked my dog BUT they are awful!!! Feel better! And yea for being an overachiever!!

@stefuhknee Your dinner sounds so damn delicious! I'm starving!

• Options
    Good morning! 

I was still in recovery mode yesterday, (during which I felt too queasy to eat anything until about 7pm, when I housed two giant buffalo chicken pizza slices that I drenched in ranch dressing), but I'm back on track today!

I will meal-plan for the week at some point today, and go food shopping after I go to the gym tonight. I'm thinking tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner.

I'm feeling really good about how I look and feel lately, and while I'm still going to be tracking calories so I don't gain weight, my main goal is going to be more and more strength training. I hate doing any sort of ab workouts, but I'm going to try to at least do crunches/sit-ups 5 times a week, and am planning on bringing my 5lb weights into work for my arms (right now I just have my 3lb weights here, and they are way too light.) I also plan on trying to work more fruits and vegetables into my dinner recipes. FI doesn't like it, but I'm going to make butternut squash enchiladas this week because they are amazing - actually - maybe I'll do that for dinner last night since there is still plenty of pizza left for him if he wants that instead :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning! Yesterday was a really good first day back on the wagon. My food yesterday:
    B - banana and PB2
    L - spinach tortilla wrap with turkey and low fat cheddar jack cheese, baby carrots, natural cinnamon applesauce, and sugar free jello
    S - Greek yogurt, whole grain Goldfish crackers
    D - stir fry with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, chicken, and brown rice

No exercise yesterday, but I was focusing on flushing out my system.

Today's meal and exercise plan:
    B - banana and PB2
    L - same as yesterday
    S - Greek yogurt, whole grain Goldfish crackers
    D - Caribbean Jerk-marinated chicken, roasted veggie mix (squash, zucchini, celery, and carrots), and either rolls or mashed potatoes
    E - PiYo Lower Body and PiYo Core

My Shakeology sampler shipped today! Hopefully I can start incorporating a few of those into my meal plans next week. 

Is anyone here on My Fitness Pal? 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Yes, I use MyFitnessPal for my food tracking (and weight tracking).  It's super easy to use!  For my cycling I use Strava.  I'm starting to use my Samsung Gear Fit more because it logs to the Samsung Health app - it's still got a way to come, but it's pretty nifty still.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - What flavors did you get?  I did a vanilla+banana+pineapple this morning. 
  • Options
    I was thinking of switching to Myfitnesspal too since my app (Lose it) doesn't sync to Mapmywalk for tracking my calories burned. I heard it adds your calories burned to your total calories you can eat for the day though and not on your exercise log. Is that true?
  • Options
    So proud of all of you ladies!

I did ok yesterday but still didn't work out.  Stress eating darnit! Today has been good so far, and I am determined to get on track today!  Wish me luck!
  • Options
    @Eilis1228 - I use MFP! "acejumper"  - add me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 Added you! :)

@Dignity100 What's your screen name of MFP? I'll add you. 

@CocoBellaF I did the 6-pack sampler with all of the flavors. I'll probably order a full supply with maybe 2 or 3 flavors after I try them all. I've seen a ton of recipes that sound fantastic with a few of the flavors, so I'm excited to try it out. The price tag is a little hard to justify, but if I only drink them a few times per week it may work out OK. 

• Options
    @hummingbird125 - I sent you a friend request too
    @eilis1228 - I PMed you my screen name

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay! I worked out today! Question for you ladies... Has anyone done Brazil Butt Lift (the workout, not the surgery)? I just started it and love the High and Tight!

Also I am on MyFitnessPal as well, screename: jennygirld
  • Options
    WEDNESDAY CHECK-IN 4/22/2015

Yesterday was great!!!  I stuck to my meal plan and even forgot to eat my half cookie after dinner.  We did Drench and I almost got all my steps.

Today I've got a bunch of random foods packed to eat. 
    Breakfast:  Shake (vanilla protein, 1/2 banana, 1 TBSP PB, 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 c. almond milk) and coffee with a TBS of milk.
    Lunch:  ST Crockpot pulled pork, broccoli slaw, sugar snap peas, avocado, fun-size M&Ms
    Snack:  apple and mozzarella bites
    Dinner:  ST Meatballs with marinara, homemade roll, salad, 1/2 cookie

Today is my rest day, and I sure need it after last night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards