Wedding Woes

Confessions

1. When I went to Target on Sunday, all that was left of the Lilly Pulitzer clothes were some rompers/jumpsuits. I seriously considered it. The prints were cute.

2. I am thought about getting a backpack leash when I travel with DD next month. I can't do that to myself though.

Re: Confessions

• :: judging face @ pmeg ::

i was okay with skipping lily pulitzer. i checked and all the clothes i wanted were all poly. i need something i can stain, like cotton.

i've gone on a RIDICULOUS spending spree on eBay. i collect a certain kind of book, and i've been trying to complete the collection. sadly, people do not appear to be listing the ones i want. so irritating! read my mind, people!

i made a white version of this and i am ridiculously proud of it, especially considering it was basically free. 

i read this and died. it's at the end.
    i am looking at some old employers on glassdoor and cackling. man, disgruntled people are dis. grunt. led.

baby mo started soccer. i want to bring a vuvuzela. the coaches said no.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm jumping through effing hoops to get MIL the gift she wants and I know it will go unnoticed.
  • PMeg819 said:

1. When I went to Target on Sunday, all that was left of the Lilly Pulitzer clothes were some rompers/jumpsuits. I seriously considered it. The prints were cute.

2. I am thought about getting a backpack leash when I travel with DD next month. I can't do that to myself though.

Confession: I used to judge the leash parents really hard.  Then I spent more time around small kids, and saw that some of them are just runners.  So far, neither of mine are, but if they were, I would seriously consider the leash.
  • when i go mostly grey, i plan on dyeing my hair blonde.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hmo, I'm assuming you're referring to the book series SVT.  I remember some things...*cue creepy music*

• i collect more than just sweet valley high. (i have over 100 of those.)

there's a specific children's series from scholastic in the 70s and 80s.

• I've bought 6 pairs of shoes in the last month. (I did get rid of quite a few pairs)

I bought 3 bags of gummy bears, some that were supposedly 'for DefConn' and then hid them in my office...and ate them all. 

I bought Mr. Sketch markers just so I could smell them.  I don't really have a purpose or use for them. 

• GBCKGBCK member
    I was JUST smelling the Mr. sketch markers here :)
    (I do have a use for them.  kinda.  But they were just out as a supply for a filler activity we never used.  But I"m considering coloring for a while.  Because I do need 'an example' colored of the little optical illusion thingy, right?  RIGHT?

• 0Face0Face member
    hmonkey said:

i collect more than just sweet valley high. (i have over 100 of those.)

there's a specific children's series from scholastic in the 70s and 80s.

You must have a crazy amount of bookshelves
  • ftrMrs0 said:

hmonkey said:

we do. i think the only rooms that do not have a bookshelf are the dining room and the bathrooms.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    hmonkey said:

ftrMrs0 said:

hmonkey said:

we do. i think the only rooms that do not have a bookshelf are the dining room and the bathrooms.
    JealousE as hell.
    The Mr. says the solution for to many books is fewer books, not more shelves.  He, of course, is wrong.
  • Expanding on the hormones discussion in Randoms...  I never knew until today that - yes, it's entirely possible to get a zit - THERE - yes - in THERE!!!!  GP doc sent me in for a biopsy with OB/GYN, so there I was stressing for the past three months because every time the doc had an opening - cue AF!... She takes one look "just a zit"... <face palm>...  Now DA*N that's a sensitive region!!!! (thought I'd have at least an hour before the numbing wore off!!!!

Also - totally no judging on the kid leashes ... I used to be super judgy about them, but there are days!!!  Also, not every kid is great about listening and staying within eye distance...  I will say - I wish they made them with the adjustable distance things because - there are just times...

• what is "there"? do you not know the proper names of your body parts?
  • hmonkey said:

ftrMrs0 said:

hmonkey said:

We rarely used our formal dining room in the old house, so when we moved we turned the new dining room into a library.  (We don't call it a library, except jokingly between us, because it sounds so ugh.  But it's totally a library.)

We still need more bookshelves...
  • our living room is our library. 

we had a wall converted into floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall bookshelves. i told the contractor that they would be full.

we had him come back and put a little caulk at the crown molding because the weight of all the books was pulling the structure just a little.

he told us that this is the first time he's ever seen one full of books. he said that most people put knick knacks and other things in them, and just a few books.

yeah, we filled that bookcase and put in two more in that room.
  • I've stopped it with the books.  I have shelf set full of books I actually love and a few collectibles of books I love.  They almost all have cracked spines from being read so much.  The rest, I can always get from the library.
  • I had a backpack leash for Wolverine. We only used it a few times, and it was stolen (along with our stroller) at Disney when she was ~2, so she didn't have it all that long. It was never replaced - but it came in handy the few times we used it. She didn't want to sit in the stroller or wagon for long periods, so the leash let her run a little (within reason) but not get lost in crowds. (if she let go of our hand, she wasn't going more than 5ft or so.)

I've given up on getting new paper books because my kindle is easier. The built-ins in our 5th bedroom are completely full of books - with the exception of a few textbooks, all of them are mine. 

@MesmrEwe - a pimple is caused by an infection of the sebaceous gland in a blocked pore. if you have a pore that can be blocked/get infected, you can have a pimple in that location. assuming that you're referring to your vulva or surrounding areas, ingrown hairs can be pretty common if you shave or wax - which would look a lot like a pimple. try exfoliating more, and using adult terms for body parts. :-)
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    *Barbie* said:

@MesmrEwe - a pimple is caused by an infection of the sebaceous gland in a blocked pore. if you have a pore that can be blocked/get infected, you can have a pimple in that location. assuming that you're referring to your vulva or surrounding areas, ingrown hairs can be pretty common if you shave or wax - which would look a lot like a pimple. try exfoliating more, and using adult terms for body parts. :-)

Inside the vaginal walls...  can't exactly exfoliate there...  Just a wtf location to say the least...

• if it's inside the vaginal walls, it may not be a pimple. go to your gyno.
  • hmonkey said:

if it's inside the vaginal walls, it may not be a pimple. go to your gyno.

That's where I was at...

• Can we try and make this a 2 pager? We rarely have those anymore and they bring me joy.:)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    a two pager about vaginal walls?  Where's Busy when you need her?
  • GBCKGBCK member
    Ugh, I had one of those "it hurts to walk' zits recently.  They are the worst thing in the world.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2015
    how do you get a pimple inside your vagina? 
    that sounds like a lead in to one of those 1950's ads about using Lysol to douche. 

"Keep your vagina lemony-fresh and pimple free! Just use Lysol for daily douches, and all of your worries will melt away!"
  • "sweaty vag, sweaty vag...how did you get a zit?" (sung in the tune of 'smelly cat')
  • This is all I have from this post.

• edited April 2015
  • confession; i am harshly judging someone who is in their 30s and still has cystic acne. that ish can be cured, yo, and not by taking the advice of beauty blogs, which is what she is doing.
  • 0Face0Face member
    I had a friend who insisted that I must've been using the wrong body wash, not eating right, drinking enough water, etc etc etc, need more vitamins---and it turned out I had too much progestin from Mirena that was causing my bacne...so yeah...person with cystic acne....you need professional help.  And that shit is painful, you'd think they'd rush right in....just rub some oil on that sucker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards