Chit Chat

It's Official: A Full House Spin-off is Happening

YOU GUYS. I can't even. I don't care how stupid the plot sounds or how weird Candace Cameron Bure is, I can't WAIT to watch this! 

Re: It's Official: A Full House Spin-off is Happening

OMG! You just made my day!! I might have missed it, did it say when it was going to air?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hope it is done well.  I still DVR the Boy Meets World spinoff even though it is terrible and I wasn't a huge Boys Meets World fan to begin with but I liked the idea.  I think I just like seeing former cast members make cameos.  I foresee this being similar

random Full House story. While training for a marathon 3-4 years ago it was pouring rain and lightening when I was supposed to do a 20 miler.  So I went to the gym and hopped on the TM.  Not much on TV at 7 or 8am on a Saturday morning so I ended up watching 3+ hours of Full House reruns to get through the run.

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

OMG! You just made my day!! I might have missed it, did it say when it was going to air?

If it says when, I can't find it. I imagine we'll learn soon. 
  • So what is the plot? I heard something about this a while back but I don't remember. 

I was super excited when they did the Boy Meets World spinoff, till I watched an episode. I still watch re-runs of the original Boy Meets World and I still love it, but Girl Meets World is too damn stupid. 
  • I don't think they have an air date yet.  But yup it's being picked up by Netflix.

• So what is the plot? I heard something about this a while back but I don't remember. 

I was super excited when they did the Boy Meets World spinoff, till I watched an episode. I still watch re-runs of the original Boy Meets World and I still love it, but Girl Meets World is too damn stupid. 
    According to the article linked above, Stephanie and Kimmy Gibler move into DJ's house to help take care of her two boys. So it's sort of similar to the original premise with Joey and Jesse moving in to help Danny take care of her girls.
  • And John Stamos is producing it, so there's that.

It's going to be awful but I'm totally going to watch it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • arrippa said:

So what is the plot? I heard something about this a while back but I don't remember. 

According to the article linked above,
    Stephanie and Kimmy Gibler move into DJ's house to help take care of her two boys. So it's sort of similar to the original premise with Joey and Jesse moving in to help Danny take care of her girls.

Omg. I totally over-looked the article link. No idea what's wrong with my brain today lol. But hey at least my boots are on the correct feet, so there's that. 
  • arrippaarrippa member
    edited April 2015

arrippa said:

So what is the plot? I heard something about this a while back but I don't remember. 

Stephanie and Kimmy Gibler move into DJ's house to help take care of her two boys. So it's sort of similar to the original premise with Joey and Jesse moving in to help Danny take care of her girls.
    Omg. I totally over-looked the article link. No idea what's wrong with my brain today lol. But hey at least my boots are on the correct feet, so there's that. 

I didn't mean to sound snarky about it, I just referenced it to cite my source.

Yay for boots on the right feet. Sometimes, it's the little things that get us through the day.  Well, that and caffeine.

ETA: I am not sure why the spacing has been weird for me. I didn't put in the extra line spaces.

• arrippa said:

arrippa said:

I didn't mean to sound snarky about it, I just referenced it to cite my source.

Yay for boots on the right feet. Sometimes, it's the little things that get us through the day.  Well, that and caffeine.

ETA: I am not sure why the spacing has been weird for me. I didn't put in the extra line spaces.

lol yeah I did not take your post in a snarky way at all! I just did a face-palm for my failure to notice the giant bright blue link. 
  • I am tentatively interested. I loved Full House as a kid. The Boy Meets World spinoff is pretty terrible, but I blame that on the fact that it's a Disney show. Disney has a certain style/air to all their shows and it makes them hard to watch as adults. Hopefully Netflix can make it less cheesy (than Girl Meets World) and more fun.

But I can't get over the new name. I hope someone slaughters that name and gives the show a better one. FULLER HOUSE????? It breaks my brain it's so bad. 
  • anjemon said:

I am tentatively interested. I loved Full House as a kid. The Boy Meets World spinoff is pretty terrible, but I blame that on the fact that it's a Disney show. Disney has a certain style/air to all their shows and it makes them hard to watch as adults. Hopefully Netflix can make it less cheesy (than Girl Meets World) and more fun.

But I can't get over the new name. I hope someone slaughters that name and gives the show a better one. FULLER HOUSE????? It breaks my brain it's so bad. 
    Maybe Fuller is DJ's married last name? If that's not the case then YES that name is a disaster.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I am tentatively interested. I loved Full House as a kid. The Boy Meets World spinoff is pretty terrible, but I blame that on the fact that it's a Disney show. Disney has a certain style/air to all their shows and it makes them hard to watch as adults. Hopefully Netflix can make it less cheesy (than Girl Meets World) and more fun.

Maybe Fuller is DJ's married last name?
    If that's not the case then YES that name is a disaster.

Yes, that's what the article says.DJ Tanner-Fuller.

On the Girl Meets World, I watch it too. Riley is so cheesy, but I like the episodes that give a wink to Boy Meets World. And I still love Shawn Hunter ;)

Maybe Fuller is DJ's married last name?
    If that's not the case then YES that name is a disaster.
    Yes, that's what the article says.DJ Tanner-Fuller.

On the Girl Meets World, I watch it too. Riley is so cheesy, but I like the episodes that give a wink to Boy Meets World. And I still love Shawn Hunter ;)

The fact that Fuller is her last name makes it slightly better for me. I had missed that in the article. But I still think they could have come up with a better name for the show. It just grates.
  • I am SO FREAKING EXCITED for this. FI and I watch Full House almost every night during dinner. Since it will be on Netflix I actually have high hopes for this one. Netflix puts out some pretty good shows. I stopped watching GMW but I thought I heard it was good. I guess not lol. It had too much of that cheesy Disney feel for me. And that laugh track was so irritating.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm excited! But the concept of DJ being a widow is a bit depressing. 

I also plan to, if/when I have a child, to sit them down and make them watch Full House. Life lessons.

Last night's episode? 
    Stephanie: "I don't want to do everything like DJ, I want to be my own person!"
    Danny: "So why did you want pierced ears?"
    Stephanie: "Because all my friends have pierced ears!"
    Danny: "So you want to be unique and be just like all your friends?"
    <<< light bulb in Stephanie's head >>>

Seriously, Full House can just do all my parenting for me. 

• ElcaBElcaB member

I'm excited! But the concept of DJ being a widow is a bit depressing. 

I also plan to, if/when I have a child, to sit them down and make them watch Full House. Life lessons.

Last night's episode? 
    Stephanie: "I don't want to do everything like DJ, I want to be my own person!"
    Danny: "So why did you want pierced ears?"
    Stephanie: "Because all my friends have pierced ears!"
    Danny: "So you want to be unique and be just like all your friends?"
    <<< light bulb in Stephanie's head >>>

Seriously, Full House can just do all my parenting for me. 
    YES. I hope when I am a parent and my child needs to learn a life lesson, it will go exactly as scripted in FH: 

Parent enters room. Joke is made. (*cue laughter*)
    Serious conversation begins. Apologies are made & life lesson is learned. (*cue slow music*) 
    Problem is solved. (*cue hugging*)
    End scene. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards