Chit Chat

What to do with feta?

2»

Re: What to do with feta?

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    Best thing ever:

If you bought a block of feta, brush it with EVOO & fresh minced garlic, then bake it in the oven until the edges begin to brown. 

Top with finely chopped slivers of fresh mint & orange zest, then drizzle with honey and enjoy with pita chips. This will change your life. 

ETA: I forgot the honey part. 
  • ElcaB said:

Best thing ever:

If you bought a block of feta, brush it with EVOO & fresh minced garlic, then bake it in the oven until the edges begin to brown. 

Top with finely chopped slivers of fresh mint & orange zest, then drizzle with honey and enjoy with pita chips. This will change your life. 

Oooh. I did buy a block of feta. This could work as an appetizer when my niece is over later. She's 3 and loves anything cheesey and salty.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This thread is making me drool--I love feta! But if you want to hide it, you can definitely put it in an omelette. It gives the omelette a bit of the salty, tangy flavor, but it isn't overpowering.
  • ElcaB said:

Best thing ever:

omg thank you for this!!! 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    @wandajune6 & @novella1186, here's the actual recipe I use. I forgot pine nuts, but I'm sure it's still delicious without if you don't have them on hand!

Warm Honey-Drizzled Feta With Pine Nuts, Orange Zest and Mint

Ingredients
    1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
    1 (8 ounce) block feta cheese
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons chopped mint
    1 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
    Pita chips or crackers for serving, optional

Directions 
    1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange an oven rack so it sits just below the broiler.
    2. Brush the block of feta with the olive oil and set in baking dish. Bake the cheese for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it softens to the touch. Remove it from the oven, and preheat the broiler. Drizzle the feta with the honey, and broil it for 2-4 minutes, or until browned, taking care lest it burn. Transfer to serving dish. Top the feta with the pine nuts, sprinkle it with the mint and orange zest, and serve.
  • So many ideas! Thank you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards