Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Fashion Impaired

I'm not really good at the whole fashion thing, so I could use some help with ideas for jewelry/accessories (belt? jacket? sleeves?) for my dress (attached picture). It has a bit of a longer train. My hair will be up (too hot otherwise). Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Fashion Impaired

• Options
    Generally, do you like to stand out style wise or are you more subtle? Do you normally wear statement jewelry or smaller items? How do you feel about wearing a veil? 

Your dress is stunning and looks very nice on you. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think a thin belt would be nice as a way to really define your waist.

I am not a fan of necklaces with wedding dresses.  Usually the dress and all the other accessories are more then enough.  I also think that necklaces can take away from the neckline shape and detail.

How do you feel about a veil?  I almost always suggest a simple cathedral length veil because the drama is all in the length so you really don't need a lot of extras (such as a ribbon edge, lace edge, rhinestones, etc) if you aren't into that kind of thing.

Then a nice pair of tear drop earrings, a simple bracelet and maybe a hair accessory (depending on your hair style) and that is all you need.

Then again, you could go with nothing and still look fabulous in that dress.

• Options
    Thank you for the help! I don't think I'm planning on a veil. They put one on me in the store when I bought the dress and it...just wasn't me. I'm slightly self conscious of my shoulders, they look rather broad to me in the photo (years of swimming). I'm trying to wear more jewelry in daily life, nothing usually too trendy though, more subtle. I actually was thinking something kind of similar to that posted hairstyle for what to do with my hair! So something like that in the hair would look nice. And the longer earrings do look good with that picture. So maybe I'll look for a hair comb and some earrings like that and skip the necklace. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    I like the suggestions that the PP posted. I think the only think I would add to what she recommended would be a braclet. You can do the dress with or without a belt. You can't go wrong either way with that choice
  • Options
    You look beautiful--congrats! I personally wouldn't belt your dress. You have a lot of intricate detailing, and a belt would take away from that. If I were you, I'd just wear a pair of statement earrings. If you're wearing a veil, I'd also try to find a something sparkley to pair with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards