Getting in Shape

I go in spurts...

I get on track and then I do nothing for a week and a half. Then I get back on track, then I have a week like this one where my schedule is totally off (go into work earlier and get done earlier) and so I say I'll go to the gym after work but I don't actually make it in. Ugh..

Re: I go in spurts...

• Hahaha. No worries - I think this is typical. You should check out my posts on the "20 miles a week" thread. They're sort of like this: 15 miles, 3 miles, 25 miles, 0 miles, 20 miles, 5 miles, 30 miles, 0 miles....

The point is that it's great that you're getting out and active at all. Don't let yourself get discouraged too much if you had a bad week last week. Every day is a new one so just make the best of it! Like today, I think you'll go to the gym! Right?
  • I was like this too. What helped me stay on track was getting a trainer. I meet with her twice a week for 30 minutes. 
  • I'm definitely like that. I'm attempting a new approach by setting myself a 30 day program. I figure if I can keep up with it for 30 days then it will become a habit.

FI and I walk 4-5km everyday, so I'm doing a 30 day beginner HIIT workout each morning. I only have to get up 25 minutes early to complete it. It's a different workout each day so I'm not getting bored with it (always the reason why I give up).

I'm only on day 4 so we will see if this approach works.
  • Did anyone else see the title of this thread right after reading the pooping thread in chit chat?

Anniversary

• Also OP, I get like that sometimes, but my Fitbit helps a lot. Every day I have activity challenges and goals. And they're allowed to change based on that day's schedule.

Anniversary

• Thanks for all the advise ladies! Mine is around here somewhere. I also want to get better about cooking good healthy easy recipes to bring to work (and have at home for dinner) so that when I'm sick for a week or super busy at least I'm eating healthy.

On the plus side I went for a run yesterday morning and played baseball with the kids at work. We ate out last night and now I'm feeling like crap :( so I'm planning on running after I get done with work at three.
  • I do that all the time. I'm constantly falling off the wagon and starting over. My anonymous fitness blog is ful of posts about both of those things. Lol. I figure one day I'll stick with it long enough to make some real progress. One day, my starting over will be the last one because I'll actually stick to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards