Not Engaged Yet
Options

Fitness Check In week of April 20

2»

Re: Fitness Check In week of April 20

• Options
    Still no working out for me but I'm thinking maybe tomorrow morning I can give it a try. 

I was ok food-wise yesterday... until H and I went out for pizza and housed a large pie + garlic bread with cheese between. I did show restraint when I went home and didn't eat a cupcake, though. 

Back on it, today. 

• Options
    I didn't get to work out yesterday.  I had everything all ready to go, but things were just stacked up against me:
    (1) I got off work an hour late
    (2) When I got home, the neighbor came running out and said 'Don't let your dogs out, half your fence fell down' -- sure enough, a fence post snapped and 2 sections of fence fell with it.  So I spent my work out time cleaning up the 'land mines' from the backyard so I can get my dad out to fix it ASAP.  By the time I finished... H was home, so we moved the fence, had dinner and then the Cavs were on, so we watched them.  The weather was crappy, but I really need to mow the grass in the backyard (already - feels too soon). 
    **In retrospect, I should have still walked on the treadmill even though I wasn't feeling it.

My eating plan was ok.  I did 'cheat' on the Nutrisystem Fast 5 -- I was starving before I went to bed so I had a 100 calorie greek yogurt, totally don't feel bad about it either.  I also had the first Nutrisystem meal I would label as 'horrible' - it was the turkey sausage & bacon rigatoni - just awful ... I still forced it down.  Don't get me wrong, the meals aren't amazing, but most of them I would label as 'good' or 'good enough'.

Anniversary
  • Options

I worked out when I got home last night and did the elliptical and an interval on the treadmill. The elliptical started to bore me after 10 minutes though. I was not in the mood to just sit and do one movement. I did pretty well yesterday with food until right before bed when I decided to snack on half a sleeve of saltines. I was still within calories for the day but I was just like "seriously?" I wasn't even hungry which pisses me off even more. Augh, whatever.

For dinner we had tilapia with lemon and dill and mushroom and onions as a side. It was really good. I made a chocolate cherry cake for BF and tried one bite, it was very good. I took a box of Betty Crocker devil's food cake and a can of cherry pie filling and mixed them together (I did not add the oil or eggs just the box of mix and cherry). I baked it for about 30-35 minutes and cut into 16 even squares. Turns out to be about 143 calories a piece and very moist. I did not frost them. BF ate 4 of them last night....So yea, they are good and low calorie too.

Today I have granola for breakfast, boca patty and an orange for lunch, a banana and yogurt if I get hungry. I hadn't planned anything for dinner because I was supposed to have a meeting offsite for the restaurant but we are now doing a phone conference. I shop for food on Sunday for the week so I hadn't counted on a meal for tonight so I guess it will be eggs with avocado, which I had planned for tomorrow night since BF is gone.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Options
    I was only able to get one workout in yesterday due to leaving work late, but I was at least able to do 30 minutes of PiYo yesterday. My food was on point as well. I also added in a post-workout snack of wheat toast, natural PB, and honey. Om nom nom.

On today's agenda:
    B - banana and PB2
    L - spinach tortilla wrap with turkey and low fat cheddar jack cheese, baby carrots, natural cinnamon applesauce, and sugar free jello
    S - whole grain Goldfish crackers, Greek yogurt, and likely a piece of whole wheat toast with natural PB and honey
    D - tilapia with brown rice and green beans
    E- PiYo Lower Body and PiYo Upper Body.... maaaaaybe PiYo Sweat too, but it depends on the storms tonight

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Yesterday was a good day except I still haven't found the energy to press play on my workout dvd's. My body feels good today though so I'm determined to do it tonight.

I have a hard time with breakfast foods so I usually just have my iced  coffee and I packed an orange and a banana. I will probably go grab a salad at Panera today for lunch and then have some of the leftover sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli & asparagus from dinner last night tonight and just add some grilled chicken to it.

My mom just sent me a link for the 5k color run that's in July and I'm thinking about registering, it looks like a lot of fun!

• Options
    Well I made it to the gym after work yesterday AND went food shopping, but the shopping took forever since they decided to re-arrange the whole store, and I was in no mood to cook when I got home. I had leftover pizza, but then just strawberries for a snack instead of the smoothie I had planned, so that was good. 

I just found out I have to babysit my boss's daughter tonight, which will probably screw up my gym and dinner plans. I'm going to eat a light lunch and then play it by ear after that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yesterday was a good day!  I did my workout, and ate pretty well.  We did have nachos last night but I didn't overdo it and was just under my calories for the day.  I derailed a bit late last night because I couldn't sleep and ended up hungry.  Didn't go crazy, but had a handful of chocolate chips and some crackers.

This morning I did well with breakfast, and have Sculpt to do for my workout lineup.  I did realize that if I don't workout before the kids come home from school then it just doesn't happen.  There is so much to do in the evenings with homework, and we try to do a family activity after dinner that I don't have a chance and am too tired after they go to bed.

Feel like I just need to hit my stride and I will take off. It's just getting over the hump that can be so hard!
  • Options
    Yesterday was pretty good--ended up doing almost 15,000 steps for the day.  Apparently 1 Zumba class = 4,000 steps.

Today has been okay so far.  I'm doing all right with my food.  I had planned to have my spaghetti squash for lunch, but I was really craving carbs so I stopped at Panera and got a bread bowl of their chicken noodle soup.  Usually I have oatmeal with breakfast, so I get some carbs in early, but today breakfast was scrambled eggs with leftover fajita meat and pepper/onions tossed in, so I think my body was saying, "Hey, give me a little something else!"  I'll eat the spaghetti squash for dinner.  Did my C25k workout this morning, and then yoga and ballet tonight.  I'm feeling a little scattered today so the yoga is more a mindset thing than a workout, but I figure it counts!
  • Options
    Yesterday was pretty good--ended up doing almost 15,000 steps for the day.  Apparently 1 Zumba class = 4,000 steps.

Today has been okay so far.  I'm doing all right with my food.  I had planned to have my spaghetti squash for lunch, but I was really craving carbs so I stopped at Panera and got a bread bowl of their chicken noodle soup.  Usually I have oatmeal with breakfast, so I get some carbs in early, but today breakfast was scrambled eggs with leftover fajita meat and pepper/onions tossed in, so I think my body was saying, "Hey, give me a little something else!"  I'll eat the spaghetti squash for dinner.  Did my C25k workout this morning, and then yoga and ballet tonight.  I'm feeling a little scattered today so the yoga is more a mindset thing than a workout, but I figure it counts!
  • Options
    Thursday, April 23rd Check In

Good morning! 

Still no work outs for me :( My knee and wrist hurt so bad and I've been having on and off headaches since Tuesday. I was really pushing for looking good in my bikini on vacation next week but now I'm just going to feel like mush. 

Work was shitty yesterday so when I got home, I ate one of @GoldenPenguin's cookies that she left at my house. I was good throughout the rest of the day though. 

Today I have breakfast, lunch, and snacks for at work and H went food shopping so I'm making ST Harissa Turkey Meatloaf and Kale Salad for dinner. 

I reeeeeally need to up my water intake. 

• Options
    I have a cold and my attention span is probably that of Dory's from Finding Nemo.

I did not work out yesterday because of the stupid cold.  I did not get in all my water because of stupid cold.  I probably ate less calories than I should have because of stupid cold.  I had logged all my food in MyFitnessPal, but I didn't eat it all.
    Morning:  NS Muffing, NS shake, Apple
    Lunch:  NS Broccoli and Rice, Salad
    Dinner:  NS Chicken Pasta Parm, some steamed veggies, and I had my other NS shake before going to bed
    Cheat:  We had went to a local chocolate place and bought clearance easter candy over the weekend so I had part of a maple-nut-egg, it was awesome.

Anniversary
  • Options

@swazzle I am sorry you still can't work out. I am sure you are going to look fabulous on your vacation anyway! Those headaches would worry me, you don't have a mild concussion, do you? I hope not!!

I went for a walk yesterday after work but my damn app, MapMyWalk, stopped working after 9 seconds and I didn't notice until I was almost done. Grrr.....

I had a restaurant meeting last night that was supposed to be via phone conference but that changed so long story short, I didn't get home until after 8, had 10 saltines and a glass of wine and then went to bed. Slept like shit. Yea me!

Today I will have a luna bar for breakfast but I didn't pack lunch so I will probably either get a chipotle salad or walk to the salad bar two blocks away. Either one will be nummy and healthy. Dinner is up in the air and I plan on working out but I really, really, really, really, really, like really do not want too. Soooooo......we'll see....

I also really need to get to the store for food!!

• Options
    @Loves2Dream - I've actually been considering that. The doctor I went to on Monday didn't mention it and as far as I know she didn't check me for one but I've been wondering if that's what's going on. I've also been extremely tired (bed before 9pm the last 3 nights) and I had multiple conversations during the day on Sunday that I have no recollection of. I might see what my mom says (she's had a concussion in the past and she's a nurse) but it might be best for me to take it easy until I get back from my trip. 

• Options
    @Swazzle I second the concern about a concussion. I don't think you can really do much about it at this point, but please be careful and take it easy. <3 Your body needs to heal! 

AFM... I did not work out at all yesterday. I've had the hardest time this week finding the motivation to exercise. My diet has been on point, but working out does not interest me in the slightest. 

On today's agenda:
    B - banana with chocolate PB2
    L - same old same old
    S - whole grain Goldfish crackers, cheddar string cheese
    D - Shake N Bake chicken, peas, and rolls
    E - Hopefully I'll do PiYo Upper and Lower Body today

Shakeology will be here Saturday, so next week I'll have those as breakfast 2-3 times instead of my banana. Maybe next week I'll have more energy/motivation for exercise.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - How do you like the chocolate PB2 vs regular? I reeeeeally want to get the chocolate when I'm done with the one I have.

• Options
    @Swazzle It's like a liquid Reese's. I absolutely love it. I use it mainly as a dip for fruit, but it's also really good in smoothies. 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - SOLD! I will be purchasing that ASAP. 

• Options

@swazzle @eilis1228 uuummmm...yep! Totally getting it now too. I just bought PB2 and it isn't bad buuuuuttttt.....the chocolate one just sounds so much better!

Oh swazzle! I am so sorry! I hope rest helps so you can have a blast on your trip!

• Options
    Yesterday was really good.  I ate less than I planned.  Got 8500 steps (good for my rest day).  Burned some extra calories walking a crying baby in the nursery at church for a good 30-45 minutes.  Poor thing.  Her family just moved back here from Hawaii and she didn't know anyone in the nursery so her mom asked me to check on her, and I ended up just staying for an hour or so until she was playing and not upset anymore.  She is so sweet.

Today has been a little off so far.  Bella had to go to the vet this morning.  She went out to potty and came back in limping and crying.  Turns out she ripped off part of a toenail!!  So I'm finally at work and she's at home sleeping.

Breakfast:  H made me 2 sausage links, 2 eggs, 1 pc. WW toast with whipped butter
    Snack:  Grande Flat White
    Lunch:  ST Meatballs in Marinara, homemade roll, baby carrots and sugar snap peas, a few blueberries and a small apple.
    Dinner:  Quesadilla made with raw milk cheese and a leftover hamburger patty, tomato/cucumber salad.
    Work Out:  PiYo Strength Intervals and Lower Body (~45 min)
  • Options
    I swear I've sneezed like 562 times today!  I still have my cold. 

Meal plan:
    Breakfast:  NS Chocolate chocolate chip muffin
    Snack:  NS shake , baby carrots
    Lunch:  NS loaded mashed potatoes, salad
    Snack:  NS shake, snap peas
    Dinner:  NS Chicken and bbq beans, probably green beans

We have a Gladators game tonight and I REALLY want the nachos, but I'm going to try to resist.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards