Favors

Favours for guests under drinking age?

We are making half-bottles of red and white wine with custom labels for our favours - one per guest.
We don't have any kids under 5 attending the wedding, but... what about those between ages 5 and 19 - how do we handle favours for these guests?? I don't want to leave them out if I can.

FYI - there are about 15 guests that are between the ages of 7 and 19. Any ideas for age-universal favours? Should I do a couple different favours - one for younger kids and one for older kids?? I was even considering a non-alcoholic champagne favour to keep it similar to the other favours.

These kids are quite close to us - cousins, nieces and nephews that we see regularly at family events, and several are involved in the wedding as flowergirl, ringbearer, ushers and readers.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance fellow brides. :)

Re: Favours for guests under drinking age?

• Food, preferably cookies or chocolates.

• What about an apple or grape cider?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Custom M&Ms always work. That way they're clearly a favor, but also delicious. 
  • Cookies, popcorn, a bag of candy, chocolates, candy apples, rice krispie treats.....
    *********************************************************************************

• I second the idea of @hellohkb. My son and DIL made limoncello as their favors. For the under 21 crowd, they made sparkling lemonade. It was very well received. You could purchase sparkling grape juice for your under age guests.
  • DH and I also had wine favours at our wedding. For the children/teens we provided Jones soda.
  • Jen4948 said:

Candy.

Lots of candy!
  • Candy/Chocolate!  As a kid, I would've much preferred that over a non-alcoholic favor.  Heck, as an adult I'd still prefer chocolate over a non-alcoholic drink!  :)
  • They have customizable coke bottles (shareacoke) and also Jones Soda which you can buy in packs of 6 or 12. This way it kind of ties together with the whole "bottle" favor idea. 
  • We're doing mini bottles of wine as favors, and I am getting bottles of sparkling cider for the kids under 21
  • I once received a wine bottle filled with jelly beans as a gift. It was awesome and would coordinate with your custom labels perfectly
    Just Married!

• We're doing mini bottles of wine as favors, and I am getting bottles of sparkling cider for the kids under 21

This is what we did, but also for the guests we knew that couldn't/chose not to drink (like MIL and my pregnant friend). Don't forget those guests.

imageimage

This is what we did, but also for the guests we knew that couldn't/chose not to drink (like MIL and my pregnant friend). Don't forget those guests.
    Yes! Don't forget pregnant people and those who do not drink (whether they just don't like it, are sober, do it for religious reasons, etc).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Wow!! thank you so much ladies... I haven't been on here as a result of some bullying on a forum .. I really appreciate the suggestions... great ideas for both 19 and under and our pregnant guests (I know of one so far and possibly a couple more) - things we were not thinking of. You gave us so many suggestions... thank you tons for the support. We are going to consider all of them!!! So helpful.. the m&m's might be a big hit with the kids in my fam! they love them. but then the limoncello and cider can be a huge hit too.

Thank you all. xxo
  • olmeadows said:
    Wow!! thank you so much ladies... I haven't been on here as a result of some bullying on a forum .. I really appreciate the suggestions... great ideas for both 19 and under and our pregnant guests (I know of one so far and possibly a couple more) - things we were not thinking of. You gave us so many suggestions... thank you tons for the support. We are going to consider all of them!!! So helpful.. the m&m's might be a big hit with the kids in my fam! they love them. but then the limoncello and cider can be a huge hit too.

Thank you all. xxo
    Really?  Where did that happen?   

No offense, but I see people throw around the term "bullying" when more often than not it was a case of hurt feelings because the person didn't have their bad ideas validated.  Bullying is a very serious allegation.  And TK takes that stuff very seriously.
  • oliviabee22oliviabee22 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Hey! no offense taken.... (however when people say that.. hmm.)
    I can't say it but it involved a forum where I was given 100+ posts on how I was this name and that name just for respectfully providing a  different perspective on something. I thought maybe if I could provide a different perspective (as most respectful debates do) I could - not change opinions - but let people see that other opinions and plans/ideas are ok too..

It was pretty bad. I am not one for being on forums a lot other than to ask advice.. and I couldn't believe that hate-posts that were in response to someone just asking for some advice on something. It was sad...
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    juappd5 said:
    I can't say it but it involved a forum where I was given 100+ posts on how I was this name and that name just for respectfully providing a  different perspective on something. I thought maybe if I could provide a different perspective (as most respectful debates do) I could - not change opinions - but let people see that other opinions and plans/ideas are ok too..

It was pretty bad. I am not one for being on forums a lot other than to ask advice.. and I couldn't believe that hate-posts that were in response to someone just asking for some advice on something. It was sad...
    Referring to a response as a "hate post" can also be inflammatory. There are different perspectives, and then there are bad ideas in terms of hosting. You have a curious screen name, OP. Did your differing perspective have anything to do with a PPD?
  • I would probably change all the favors to a non-wine option. You can still use the bottles, just fill them up with something different. This way you don't have to worry about having enought non-alcoholic options for those underaged or those who don't drink. Plus the big thing is, you don't have to worry about any of the under age kids grabbing the wrong bottle and sneaking off to drink it.
  • juappd5 said:

You say you were involved in a forum - I'm assuming this is not TK but another message board, right?  Because from what I've seen from your limited posting here, people may not have agreed with all of your ideas, but there definitely doesn't appear to be bullying.  Sorry you experienced that elsewhere.  Hope you stick around here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards