Options

How many towels do you have?

2»

Re: How many towels do you have?

• Options
    annathy03 said:

littlepep said:

annathy03 said:

We have one set each of nice towels for H and I in the master plus a microfiber towel for my hair.  Guest baths I keep 2 hanging in each and we have additional sets in the linen closet that don't necessarily match the ones usually hanging up but do match each other.  I like these and will buy them again when I need new towels, they were the best towels I had when single and honestly the Macy's Hotel collection ones aren't that much nicer.

Of course, the only guests we have that stay long enough that they'd need fresh towels are FIL/MIL and MIL just washes their linens herself; no matter how many times I tell her not to worry about it their sheets and towels are already done by the time we take them to the airport.
    Whaat? I'm intrigued. Tell me more about this.
    I think this is the brand I have (there are a few); you can find them just about anywhere, I know BB&B carries them and am pretty sure mine came from CVS as an impulse purchase.  They are way smaller than a bath towel and absorbs more water out of my hair.
    I have 2 of these and love them!!! I highly suggest them. I love the shape and that they have the ability to stay in place.
  • Options
    annathy03 said:

littlepep said:

annathy03 said:

We have one set each of nice towels for H and I in the master plus a microfiber towel for my hair.  Guest baths I keep 2 hanging in each and we have additional sets in the linen closet that don't necessarily match the ones usually hanging up but do match each other.  I like these and will buy them again when I need new towels, they were the best towels I had when single and honestly the Macy's Hotel collection ones aren't that much nicer.

Of course, the only guests we have that stay long enough that they'd need fresh towels are FIL/MIL and MIL just washes their linens herself; no matter how many times I tell her not to worry about it their sheets and towels are already done by the time we take them to the airport.
    I think this is the brand I have (there are a few); you can find them just about anywhere, I know BB&B carries them and am pretty sure mine came from CVS as an impulse purchase.  They are way smaller than a bath towel and absorbs more water out of my hair.
    Interesting. I usually blow dry my hair unless I'm wearing it curly and then I let it air dry with a t-shirt. This might be better though ha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We accidentally registered for 4 different colors of the same towel and 4 sets of each colors.  we changed our minds about colors and forgot to adjust, and ended up getting them all!!  we didn't 16 sets for 2 people, so I kept the 2 best colors and took the rest back.  So we have 8 towels, plus a few random ones as extras.  
  • Options
    Probably 20, it is insane. I had a ton and so did FI. Got rid of the old ones but can't seem to part with ones in great shape so we have towels for the next 20 years
  • Options
    4. 2 for Fiance and 2 for me. Also 2 hand towels and 2 wash cloths for each of us. Works greaton for us.
  • Options
    annathy03 said:

littlepep said:

annathy03 said:

I have a drawer full of these. LOVE!
  • Options
    DH and I were so stoked to buy the awesome towels we registered for with our completion discount. We opted for 2 bath sheets, and 6 towels. I has been handy when we have guests stay with us.
  • Options
    Reading the responses here, we obviously don't have enough!  haha.  We have 2 sets of 3 towels (I use 2, DH uses 1) for our master bath.  I have another set of 2 for the hall bath that has never been used by any guests.   I may have to go to TJ Maxx and look for some more though!

I do have a slight obsession with kitchen towels for each season/holiday.
  • Options

Sets?? What's with all this sets nonsense. Haha. 

We have about 20 hand-me-down bath towels. 3 hand towels, and then my FMIL bequeathed us with surgical grade blue towels which is what we use for washcloths.  They're all manner of ratty to nice looking.  Yes, I need to do something about having towels that actually go together.    

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We have 3 towels, 1 beach towel, 2 of those twisty hair towels, 1 hand towel and 5 washcloths. I'd like more towels because we can't have guests or go to the pool/beach without having to wash towels, but we don't have the storage space for more.

Anniversary
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    One bathroom, four towels. Plus two super thin, small, horrible ones from my college years that we only ever use for soaking up spills. And one of the horrible ones is currently in pieces because I'm gradually using it as pot holder stuffing.

So only four that we actually use post-shower.
  • Options
    I think we have 6 sets (towel, hand towel, face cloth), and 4 extra hand towels for the half bath.  We also have about 4 larger towels we were given for anniversary gifts, bought cos we randomly went swimming in a lake, etc.  

• Options
    I realize I have an absurd amount of towels, but how do some of you only have 4 bath towels? Do you have to do laundry all the time? 

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I have 8 towels for H and I.  I wanted to get more, but they discontinued the color that matches my shower curtain.  I think I will wait to get new towels and a shower curtain until we get a house.  Then, we will have it match the bathroom. It literally kills me to wait, though. My towels have these horrible bleaching stains on them... from what... I don't know.  I am allergic to bleach, so I don't even use it. My towels are a smoky plum color with bright pink splotches all over them. AGGGGHHHHHH.... Can we get a house, yet?
  • Options
    We probably have 8 nice towels that we use on a regular basis and that hang in our bathroom. Then we have probably close to 20 towels that are our old ones that are reserved for the dogs or DH when he gets really dirty at work and he rinses off outside.

• Options
    Ummm, I don't know? Enough.

Since we are asking random, pointless questions lately: HOw may pairs of underwear do you have?
  • Options
    For just me, I have probably a dozen bath towels.  I've had them forever, though. They're still in good enough shape for just me to use. I have decorative hand towels, but no towel bar to put them on. (It fell off the wall.)  For washcloths, I buy the 12 packs of cheap ones from WalMart or Target, and then just toss them when they get ratty. They're usually only about $10 each, so I don't feel bad about it. I only use them on my face, not in the shower. 

The Turbie Twist is awesome. I have a similar one from Sephora (also had forever), and it's the best thing ever. I just throw it in with my towels to wash it.
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Ummm, I don't know? Enough.

Since we are asking random, pointless questions lately: HOw may pairs of underwear do you have?
    An absurd amount, like 30.  Maybe 45 if you count thongs.  But I hate wearing thongs so those are almost never used.  And with my recent weight gain about half of my underwear is too small. 

I have 8 bath towels, 6 hand towels, and 2 wash clothes.  And I have a beach towel and a towel I use for the shower at the gym.  Kitchen towels....I think I have like ten. 

• Options

I realize I have an absurd amount of towels, but how do some of you only have 4 bath towels? Do you have to do laundry all the time? 

No. Maybe we're just gross, but we reuse bath towels multiple times.  I use one for at least 6-7 showers before washing it, maybe more. I'm clean after a shower, so the towel shouldn't be getting dirty. 

As for underwear, I have a ton. Probably 20-25 pairs so I have to wash them as little as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards