Not Engaged Yet

Wasteful Wednesday

2»

Re: Wasteful Wednesday

• I never realized that leaving the shower running (warming it up) before you hop in is wasteful! I thought everyone did that...

I also waste a lot of fruit. I don't like eating it so much and FI is bad at remember to take an apple or banana with him. I just shouldn't buy it anymore.

I am so tired today. The field trip to the Boston museum of science was such a long day. Plus I touched EVERYTHING. So that's probably why my head hurts and I have fluid in my ear. I felt this way on Monday and it's only gotten worse :( Time to go to the walk in again.
  • @southernpeach89 Good luck tomorrow!
    @hummingbird125 those enchiladas sound amazing! 
    @allusive007 hope you have as easy a delivery as possible! 
    @swazzle I hope you're already fully enjoying your vacation!

Wasteful things: 
    ~Leftovers - I am one of 4 kids, so I grew up learning to cook for a large family.  I still have not figured out how to cook for less than 6 people, and therefore always end up with a ton of leftovers.  I try not to throw away food, but sometimes I forget a container or two and have to throw it away.  
    ~Garbage in general -- I'm always amazed at how frequently we need to change the trash.  I guess we throw a lot away without even thinking about it.
    ~I love being surrounded by farms for the availability of fresh foods.  The downside to living in a rural area; I have to drive a lot.  There is nothing in walking distance except for neighbors houses.  My commute to work alone is about 20 miles one way. 
    ~Procrastinating - I put everything off as long as I can.

Tomorrow we'll be staying at the new water park lodge.  They fixed all the issues, so I'm excited to pretend it is summer and sit in a pool. Oh and lots of drinks at the swim up bar.  

@jenjen047  I've been on TK for over a year now, but started posting on NEY in August/September of last year.  Not sure if I'm considered a reg yet, but I am on here almost daily. I love reading all the train wreck and BSC posts, and thought I would fit it with this board's snarkiness. I haven't met anyone in person yet, but I live on the east coast so hoping I will get to soon.  I will also be in Colorado the first week of June, if any west coast ladies would like to meet up. 

• I waste water by letting the shower heat up and electricity by leaving small appliances plugged in, but I'm pretty conscious about turning the water off when I use the sink and stuff and I always turn out all the lights and set the air conditioner higher so it doesn't run like crazy all day. I also waste produce and sometimes bread. And bacon. H will want like, two slices of bacon, and then the rest of it will go bad. 

I waste gas sometimes by just driving around when I'm bored. 

@jenjen047 - I started posting in the summer of 2012 and went to my first GTG in May of 2013. H, then FI, encouraged me to go. By that point, I had connected with several girls on FB, but I met 16 of them IRL that first GTG. There are a few people I haven't met IRL (ahem @beanbot2002). My absolute best friend is from TK, even though she doesn't post anymore, and lives two states away. In just a few weeks, she'll be moving 3 hours away from me, which is the closest we've lived to one another during our friendship. We lived in the same city for two years, but didn't meet until after she moved away. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Meh.  H had a CT scan on Friday afternoon because he'd been having really bad headaches for a while.  He got a call at lunch that there is a spot on his scan.  Either there is a fluke with the image or they think he's got an aneurysm.  He also has a bulge under the skin on the side of his head where the spot is, so they are worried about that.  The hospital is going to get him an angiogram ASAP.  I'm trying to make it until the end of the day and then I can go home and take a Xanax or something.  RAWR. 
  • @CocoBellaF - I'm so sorry. Sending vibes your way for your DH! I can't believe this is happening after all your stuff...when it rains it pours I guess...but makes me want to scream "no fair"!
  • Thanks, @allusive007.  I'm thinking "not fair", too.  Plus I've been helping take care of my mom because she tore cartilage or something in her knee.  Her MRI is tomorrow and I was supposed to help out with her surgery, too. 
  • @CocoBellaF - I know it's not a lot - but baby and I are sending major hugs from afar today! You are such a strong person and your DH and mom are lucky to have you there by their sides!!!
  • @cocobellaf Big hugs and positive thoughts your way! 
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    @cocobellaf - so, so sorry to hear about the scan results. im sending all the positive thoughts i can, and hugs. please keep us posed and stay strong.

also thank you to everyone who replied to my questions! (@twodimes and @speakeasy14 you are def regs in my book!) its awesome to see how many of you have been around for years! im in boston so anytime there is a northeast GTG id love to attend!

ETF spelling
  • @cocobellaF sending lots of hugs and vibes to you & your H.

Anniversary

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    @AlPacina I think I just had this reaction in my office while waiting for my test program to load. I NEED DETAILS!!!!

@jenjen047 I started posting in early 2014, right as I started to get a little BSC after FI (BF at the time) had been talking about rings for MONTHS! I needed somewhere to chill out and keep me sane, and liked the snarkiness of this board. I haven't met anyone IRL yet, but @GoldenPenguin and I have a lunch date/tentative plans to meet up the next time that I am in NY and apparently @AlPacina is coming to visit me sometime soon?!!!!! I also just missed @CocoBellaF and her H around New Year's; she was even staying in our neighborhood! FI and I were in NY and she left right before we flew back to San Diego. 

ETA: @CocoBellaF I really hope your H is okay! Sending hugs and T&P's to both of you! 

• Also to answer the question of the day: We also waste produce and food in general. We have good intentions but then we just don't cook everything we buy and it goes bad. It's also hard to find the motivation to cook when we have 20 different awesome restuarants within walking distance of our apartment. "I don't feel like cooking. Want to get a burger at the pub down the road?" happens way too often for us. We kind of gave up on trying to stop that for now and plan to be much better about it when we move into the townhouse, as there is only a 7-Eleven Gas Station within walking distance. There is still a pizza place close by, but it's better than the myriad of options we currently have. 

I'm really good about not wasting energy though, and do yell at FI about leaving lights on. And we have both tried to be more conscious about our water usage with the current drought. 

I think the only other thing that I waste is too much time on the internet. 

• audrewuh said:

I waste water by letting the shower heat up and electricity by leaving small appliances plugged in, but I'm pretty conscious about turning the water off when I use the sink and stuff and I always turn out all the lights and set the air conditioner higher so it doesn't run like crazy all day. I also waste produce and sometimes bread. And bacon. H will want like, two slices of bacon, and then the rest of it will go bad. 

I waste gas sometimes by just driving around when I'm bored. 

@jenjen047 - I started posting in the summer of 2012 and went to my first GTG in May of 2013. H, then FI, encouraged me to go. By that point, I had connected with several girls on FB, but I met 16 of them IRL that first GTG. There are a few people I haven't met IRL (ahem @beanbot2002). My absolute best friend is from TK, even though she doesn't post anymore, and lives two states away. In just a few weeks, she'll be moving 3 hours away from me, which is the closest we've lived to one another during our friendship. We lived in the same city for two years, but didn't meet until after she moved away. 
    And it continues to break my heart. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards