Not Engaged Yet

Happy FRIDAY!!!!

we made it! who's got good weekend plans?

im taking my car into the dealership tomorrow to have some (hopefully) small issues looked at. on sunday i am taking BF helicopter flying! for Christmas i got him a gift certificate for a local place that will do 30 minutes of ground instruction and then 30 minutes where he gets to actually fly the helicopter!

Re: Happy FRIDAY!!!!

• I have nothing exciting planned at all. I am so very tired and my allergies are making me very miserable today.  No real excitng plans.  I have to be at the theatre tonight and it's going to be a bit annoying I imagine due to some stuff going on at the theatre beforehand. I need a nap already, almost every day this week I've had to get to up real early to get to doctor's appointments, luckily they've all gone really well.

We don't have many weekend plans, tomorrow H wants to set out all of our patio furniture. Hopefully he will also want to work on the new walk way he began two weeks ago.  Other than that I want to sleep and study.  I also need to run to the veggie market too at some point.  Some of our weekends get pretty busy in May so I'm glad this one is a bit relaxing.

Anniversary

• OMG I LOVE THE CAKE!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! and you look COMPLETELY STUNNING in your dress. i love the sparkly sash.
  • @lmcooper86 i know, the koala melts my heart.

wooooo may brides!! who all is getting married this month and what dates?
  • @goldenpenguin your cake looks so pretty and sounds like it will be so good.  Great now I want cake!  You know I love your dress.

I can't wait for all of the NEY May weddings!!

Anniversary

• @goldenpenguin - OMG I love your cake!!

I have to work tomorrow morning :( I'm not excited. I applied for another job though that I felt really well qualified for so hopefully I'll hear something back on that. Today I have to call my old apartment's manager and lunch because they didn't adjust my rent to account for the fact that my lease only lasts 9 more days. I'm pissed about it because that place can't seem to do a single thing right. Tip from experience - if it's a headache dealing with a leasing office from the very start, look somewhere else, it won't get better! I'm really tired of dealing with their incompetency but at least this should be the last thing I have to fight with them about.

• Happy Friday!!

I am here at work until 11:30.  I have my bloodwork for post-thyroidectomy at 1:00 and then H's brain appointment at 2:15.  Hopefully we can get everything scheduled out.

I have a few errands I need to run today.  I did my work out before I came in to work, so at least I don't have to worry about that!  I think we're going to grill steaks for dinner.  My parents might come over.  And I'm going to fill up the kiddie pool for the dogs to splash around in.  I sound so exciting.  *eye roll*

I want some cake.
  • Holy shit, @GoldenPenguin. You prettyyyyyy. Also, please send me some of that cannoli stuff because OMG.

@jenjen047 have a great time on the helicopter, that sounds wild!

@bethsmiles, sending all the vibes for the job application! What kind of job is it? Also good luck with the old apartment, that sounds really annoying.

Today I'm just running errands and such. My mom's birthday was this week and we were going to celebrate tonight, but my brother isn't able to make it due to work, so I'm not sure when that's going to happen. It sucks because she and I work for the same organization but different locations, and we work opposite weekends. There's like one day a week that we actually have free to do family stuff. I complain a LOT about my family, but I love them and dammit I want to see them sometimes!

Tomorrow morning I'll probably look for a nice place to run near the new apartment, and then I work Saturday and Sunday night. It's gonna be so hard going back in, I've had an amazing few days off.

I'm in such a shitty mood today. I think I'm starting to feel a little isolated. I love my apartment and I love living alone, so that's not my problem. I think it's just really shown me that my friendships have been changing for a while, and now I'm in this place where all the people I used to hang out with aren't making any effort, but I still don't know anybody where I am now. So, that kind of sucks.

• @speakeasy14 - those pics look amazing! maybe i missed a post....what is this magical wonderland you went to??

@bethsmiles - sending good job vibes!

@cocobellaf - positive thoughts for H's appointment today! and grilling steaks sounds wonderful...

@clogreeneyes - sorry you're feeling isolated. :( it sucks when people dont make an effort like you do. have you tried finding meetup groups near your new place?
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

@CLoGreenEyes - It's an administrative assistant position at Colorado's public defenders division. I always toyed with the idea of going to law school when I was an undergrad and even throughout graduate school so I think I'd really enjoy it and learn a lot that would be much more interesting to me than the financial stuff I learn about at my current job.

ETA: I've been in a similar place as you in regards to the friends situation. I haven't really figured out how to solve it yet so I don't have any advice but lots of hugs and empathy.

• @jenjen047, as in the website meetup? I haven't tried it yet, but I really need to! It's one of those things that I've been thinking about for a while but just haven't pulled the trigger on yet. Have you ever used it?

@bethsmiles, that sounds like a super interesting job! It always helps when you're actually interested in what you're doing every day. I hope you hear back from them soon!

• @clogreeneyes - yup ive used it tons! i generally prefer the girls-only groups because the co-ed ones always end up feeling like a singles event, even if they arent intended that way. but the girl ones are cool!
  • @jenjen047 whoops, in all my excitement I never named the lodge. It is Camelback Lodge in the Poconos. Tonight is actually the grand opening.  

@bethsmiles fingers and toes crossed you hear back from them soon! 

@cocobellaf T&P that everything is ok with your H.  We fill a kiddie pool for our dogs too, sometimes I'll sit in it with them haha.
  • @speakeasy14 - That looks like a great time! How freakin fun! I'm not quite ready for a swimsuit yet...... Too pale.

-------------------------------------

BF finally went with me last night and we got pre-approved for a mortgage! His credit score wasn't as good as we thought it was, which is due to him carrying some debt a few years ago, but we still qualified for more than enough. We're still doing some research on realtors, but I'm SO EXCITED to start house shoppping! I saw my dream home on Zillow a couple of weeks ago that sold almost immediately. If one like that comes up again, it's MINE!

On our way up to the appointment we got stopped by a waitress at the pizza place next door and she gave us a free large gourmet pizza cuz they had made some wrong! We would have just eaten that, but after our appointment we went and had dinner with my parents who are in the area for a conference. It was at this little roadside restaurant right along a small river, and it was absolutely gorgeous! They're known for their chicken and dumplings, as random as that is. So it's what we all ordered.

Tonight, I don't think we have plans. I'm getting the newest Captain America as my Netflix DVD so maybe we'll watch that. Tomorrow we're going to some friend of a friend's house to watch the big fight that no one will shut up about. How is it that no one I know follows boxing, then all of a sudden EVERYONE I KNOW is a huge boxing fan? Friggin bandwagon.

• @alpacina hahaha I glow in the dark.  I'm always super pale.  I used to tan really easily, now I just burn. Also, yay for getting approved and starting house hunting!!
  • That helicoptor ride sounds so much fun!!

@goldenpenguin omg that cake and that dress!! Both are so amazing!

@bethsmiles good luck on the job!!

I'm not on this board that often so sorry if you are like who is this person?! I have no plans this weekend, just sitting around!

• @jenjen047, thanks for the tip! I will put it on my list of things to try ASAP. I'll let you know what happens!

@alpacina, ahhhhhhhh, house-hunting! Congrats and good luck on your search!

• @alpacina - yay for house hunting! i browse online ALL THE TIME and this weekend BF is off so i suggested we go to some open houses just for fun bc i like looking.

last night i was bored so i started browsing the weddingbee boards. has anyone been over there? they have a "waiting" board which i guess is like NEY? anyways, every week they post a list of "waiting bees"....aka girls who are waiting for a ring. and then as people get engaged they cross them off the list. my jaw dropped. so embarrassing...made me picture this:

a bunch of girls just sitting around waiting to be "chosen". please!
  • jenna8984 said:

That helicoptor ride sounds so much fun!!

I'm not on this board that often so sorry if you are like who is this person?! I have no plans this weekend, just sitting around!

I know you'll appreciate this - you know how some people name their tables things like locations they've traveled, or other things that are special to them? My FI & I are both New Englanders. Our tables are named after our favorite Patriots & Red Sox :-D

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jenna8984 said:

That helicoptor ride sounds so much fun!!

I know you'll appreciate this - you know how some people name their tables things like locations they've traveled, or other things that are special to them? My FI & I are both New Englanders. Our tables are named after our favorite Patriots & Red Sox :-D
    Yesssss that's my jam!!!! My friend married a girl from Long Island so the whole wedding was Sox vs. Yanks lol

• @cocobellaF I hope everything goes ok with the appointments, sending good vibes your way.  I really want a piece of cake as well. 

Anniversary

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Hi ladies! @CloGreenEyes, I'm sorry about the friend situation. I second @jenjen047 about trying meetup.com! My FI and I are actually going to our first one event from that site tonight, and it's a group of East Coast Transplants in San Diego. We are going on a paddle wheel cocktail cruise around the bay! 

@GoldenPenguin that cake! I will probably be copying you for flavors, as FI told me he will only eat the cake if it has cannoli filling, but I want chocolate! So I was already considering doing some of the tiers chocolate and some of them vanilla with cannoli cream. Also, you are gorgeous! 

@AlPacina Congrats on getting approved for a mortgage! How exciting! Also I know what you mean about the boxing thing. 

@CocoBellaF I hope everything goes well and that you get some good news!

@Imcooper 8 days!!!!!!

@jenjen047 I liked looking at ring pictures on Weddingbee, but never was a part of "The Waiting List" because it seemed stupid, for the reasons you described above. Also I have tried participating a little over there, as sometimes it is a bit more active on certain WR topics than TK, but I have found many of the girls there to be meaner than the ones here! They seem a lot more catty, and yet many of them complain that TK is bad. FI had some choice words for someone who recently insulted our e-pics over there when I was trying to recommend our photographer to another bride. 

@speakeasy14 that place is awesome! It looks like you had a great time! 

@bethsmiles I hope you get the job!

Have to run to a meeting; I will be back later though! 
    ETF: typo

• @alpacina - that just made me laugh SO HARD hahahahahha

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards