Chit Chat

All that wedding drama... (some PIP)

...didn't happen! (Sorry to disappoint those of you who were ready for a crazy story!) ;)

The REALLY crazy thing, is that Brad gave the sweetest toast I've ever heard. It was so sweet that it made me ugly cry. I think at least half the guests were crying, actually. Seriously, who woulda thought he had it in him?!! I was blown away by it, and so was FI.

My dad did not have any epic meltdowns and left me alone more than I thought he would (not completely, but I was in too good a mood and surrounded by too many awesome people to even notice his nonsense). My sister didn't say a word to me all night (totally fine) and didn't cause any scenes. I am sad to say that she didn't wear her long white gown. She found out I was excited to see her in it and swapped it out for a big neon pink satin skirt and white crop top at the last minute. I was so curious to see what the white dress looked like but I guess now I'll never know.

FI's parents were out on the dance floor almost the entire night, and I danced with his dad to Piano Man. It was so fun! FI danced with his mom and they were spinning each other around and getting rowdy lol.

Next thing I know, FI and his sister and BIL were holding hands with my grandma, dancing in a circle to hardcore rap, and everyone loved the sight of my 89 year old grandma rocking out to this song so much that almost every single guest ended up joining in the circle. It got a little crazy, and by the end of the song everyone was clapping, cheering, and going nuts. So fun!!!

The weather was AMAZING! We were worried because it had been snowing about 2 weeks ago, and it was nasty, rainy, and freezing cold last weekend. But yesterday it was bright and sunny, the perfect temperature, with the perfect breeze. We got so lucky.

A few little things went wrong but I honestly don't even remember what they were. My BMs were so on top of everything. They would just jump in and start helping or doing stuff before I even knew what was going on. The photographers even pulled me aside to tell me that we had the coolest, funnest wedding party they'd ever seen. I concur! We have an amazing group of friends. Everyone said they had a great time and were so excited to celebrate with us. Could not have been better.

The food was amazing (this was my main concern) and the bartenders kept the liquor flowing. I might have had a better morning today without all the whiskey shots at the end of the night, but whatever.

My BMs were on top of things with the photos! (The ones below are some of what they've sent me since last night. I love them! And I can't wait to see the pro pics!!!!) We have some down time to just sit around until we leave for Italy tomorrow. I was so excited to share with you guys and tell you about how much drama DIDN'T happen that I couldn't wait to post!

It was beyond my expectations. The day way less stressful than I expected. Everything fell into place so well. All the guests seemed to really enjoy themselves and kept saying how much they loved the venue, the food, the awesome live bluegrass band, the DJ, etc. (Seriously, though, the band was so good!). FI and I had a great time. My grandma kept the party going hard. (She's such an amazing lady!) And now I'm married!!!

So about those photos...

One of my BMs, me, and a groomsman (groomswoman?) riding the trolly to the venue (notice I stuck to my guns and wore my hair down like I wanted, and somehow my marriage is still valid):

In the bridal suite waiting for the ceremony to start:

FI and I. Finishing touches right before the ceremony:

Mr & Mrs us!

Re: All that wedding drama... (some PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards