Chit Chat

Let's talk eyebrows

How do you groom/maintain yours? I've been growing mine because I want them to be thicker/fuller, but now I don't know what to do. Threading seems like it hurts and when my girl waxes, they always end up thin.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's talk eyebrows

• I love threading. It's much more precise and I don't find it nearly as painful as waxing. Plus the redness goes away much faster and there's no burning like there is with wax that's too hot. It did hurt a lot when I first started getting them threaded, but you get used to it. A good threader (is that the word?) can do it quickly and without causing a lot of pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I just tweeze mine. I usually only have a few strays and only need to do it once every couple of weeks. 

But this is the result of years of tweezing, starting when I was about 14. If I were just starting with a fresh set of brows now, I'd probably thread. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Find a new "girl".

Seriously.  I get mine waxed about every 7 weeks and pluck strays in between.  I go to a salon I trust and when I first started with the woman who currently does my brows (my old aesthetician left this salon - I loved her, but I like my new one, too) I had a very frank discussion with her.  I said "I only want you to clean them up.  I hate hate hate the thin eyebrow look that looks like I drew them on with a pencil and I don't want to look perpetually surprised.  All I ask for is that they look neatly groomed and there be two of them."  I have yet to be disappointed.
  • I like mine thicker too. I look redonkulous with thin eyebrows. Contrarily, though, I hate threading. Every single time I've had it done (total of four times at four different places, so not a large sample size but a pretty varied one nonetheless) the threader has "cut" my eyebrow skin. I prefer waxing. I'd say about 90% of the time, I get a waxer that's able to leave them pretty thick if I ask them to. 

This last time they got a little thinner than I like though. Waxing isn't perfect either, haha. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I just tweeze mine. I usually only have a few strays and only need to do it once every couple of weeks. 

But this is the result of years of tweezing, starting when I was about 14. If I were just starting with a fresh set of brows now, I'd probably thread. 

Ditto!!

I've always been a tweezer, never had a wax on any body part. I just did mine this morning and it was the first time in probably 3 weeks. Same as southern, I've been doing it since I was 13 so they really don't grow in very much or very fast.

• jenna8984 said:

I just tweeze mine. I usually only have a few strays and only need to do it once every couple of weeks. 

Ditto!!

I've always been a tweezer, never had a wax on any body part. I just did mine this morning and it was the first time in probably 3 weeks. Same as southern, I've been doing it since I was 13 so they really don't grow in very much or very fast.

Before I started getting them waxed when I started with Bossman last spring, I'd been tweezing since I was 13. So... 12-13 years, generally weekly. Never ever saw a difference in hair regrowth. 

I am super jealous of all y'all that have nice, cooperative hair. :(
  • I get mine waxed once a month (and trimmed because mine are super long.)

• I get mine threaded and love it! It is so precise like PP mentioned. Your first time will hurt like a bitch but after that it never bothered me.They also tweeze any weird ones that won't get in the thread and trim them also.

• I have trichotillomania, so I'm super glad that I have complete eyebrows at the moment!! 

I can't think too much about stray hairs, but I would just tweeze them.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I get mine waxed. They're not too thin. I'd find a new waxing girl. Most understand how to wax properly to make them look natural. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I just had mine threaded after maintaining my own for yeas and they looked so much better.  Back in my early 20s I had them waxed and then threaded but then I got lazy and cheap and just did my own.  Threading really doesn't hurt that much, I prefer it to waxing.
  • I do love my waxing girl so I'm sure I could just talk to her about it and try it to see if she leaves them thicker. I try to tweeze frequently myself as well but my eyebrows grow SO fast I can't keep up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have mine waxed, and then tweeze in between to maintain shape. Inevitably I'll get lazy after like three months or so and have to get them reshaped. The salon I go to always ask if I want them to "do the tops," and I've found when I say no, they stay a little thicker.

I've also incorporated brow pencils into my makeup routine and I LOVE them. The ones that come with what looks like a little mascara wand on the end allow you to kind of brush/blend the pencil once it's on, and it really does make a huge difference In terms of eye makeup.
  • hicoco said:

I do love my waxing girl so I'm sure I could just talk to her about it and try it to see if she leaves them thicker. I try to tweeze frequently myself as well but my eyebrows grow SO fast I can't keep up.

Definitely talk to her if you haven't... I mean, that would be like asking your hairdresser for a bob and getting a pixie cut. Of course you should talk to her about it! 
    *********************************************************************************

• I don't groom them at all. They have a great natural shape. However, they are a pretty light brown/blonde color.

So everyday I draw on more hair with a pencil. :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I just had mine threaded after maintaining my own for yeas and they looked so much better.  Back in my early 20s I had them waxed and then threaded but then I got lazy and cheap and just did my own.  Threading really doesn't hurt that much, I prefer it to waxing.
  • If you haven't touched them in a while, I suggest getting them waxed or threaded to get a "baseline" shape. Personally I haven't had mine waxed since I was 13 because I 1. also have trichtillomania and 2. tweeze strays and just try to maintain the shape that I've had since I was 13. I recently started to try and beef up the outer side of my 'brows and I just let a few hairs grow in along the bottom. ButI definitely think if you don't have or know a shape you want, waxing or threading is the best way to get there.
  • I let FSIL wax them everywhere I get a haircut, but it's more for her benefoit than mine. I have thick (but really sparse?) brows. I like them.
  • I get mine waxed once a month. I would have a unibrow if I didn't!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited May 2015

I get mine waxed and tinted once a month. I didn't tint mine last month because I let my hair stylist dye my hair platinum, so they are my light-medium blond natural color right now.

I have really nicely shaped brows that are thick and I was SO lucky that they grew back that way after my chemo. Having brows is something we take for granted. When I didn't have mine, I was amazed how much they do to shape your face. I looked completely different.

ETF- words are hard.

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I just tweeze mine and they leave something to be desired, IMO.  A waxes them herself and her eyebrows are amazing.  One of my sisters gets her's threaded and they look awesome, too.
  • Mine require daily touch-ups because they grow so fast and wild even with waxing (I have hair that has somehow migrated down onto my eyelids), so I stick to just tweezing now. I didn't see the sense in paying to get them waxed every week while I still had to do a ton of maintenance in-between.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I tweeze my own. I also tweeze my upper lip. I'm too cheap to pay for it. I'd like to try threading myself on my lip and chin because it's fast, but I wouldn't risk that with my eyebrows. I want everything gone on my chin and lip, but I'd be worried about getting the wrong thing with my brows.

I pluck my eyebrows every day. They grow back fast, so I pluck a few hairs a day to keep up with it. Also, I'd have a unibrow in a week or two if I didn't.
  • Mine require daily touch-ups because they grow so fast and wild even with waxing (I have hair that has somehow migrated down onto my eyelids), so I stick to just tweezing now. I didn't see the sense in paying to get them waxed every week while I still had to do a ton of maintenance in-between
    I tweeze my own. I also tweeze my upper lip. I'm too cheap to pay for it. I'd like to try threading myself on my lip and chin because it's fast, but I wouldn't risk that with my eyebrows. I want everything gone on my chin and lip, but I'd be worried about getting the wrong thing with my brows.

I pluck my eyebrows every day. They grow back fast, so I pluck a few hairs a day to keep up with it. Also, I'd have a unibrow in a week or two if I didn't.

I'm part of this club.
    My eyebrows grow so fast and furiously that waxing is pointless- they start growing back immediately.  The color of them is fading (oh, great) but I still have to pluck every day, or I'd look like Bert.

• Mine require daily touch-ups because they grow so fast and wild even with waxing (I have hair that has somehow migrated down onto my eyelids), so I stick to just tweezing now. I didn't see the sense in paying to get them waxed every week while I still had to do a ton of maintenance in-between
    I tweeze my own. I also tweeze my upper lip. I'm too cheap to pay for it. I'd like to try threading myself on my lip and chin because it's fast, but I wouldn't risk that with my eyebrows. I want everything gone on my chin and lip, but I'd be worried about getting the wrong thing with my brows.

I'm part of this club.
    My eyebrows grow so fast and furiously that waxing is pointless- they start growing back immediately.  The color of them is fading (oh, great) but I still have to pluck every day, or I'd look like Bert.

This was me at 11-12. I was on a church sponsored trip early that summer, and got teased because I had a pet caterpillar over my nose and hadn't started shaving yet. It was such a lovely trip. Lots of peachy middle school girls. 
  • Waxing causes me to have an allergic reaction (even "natural" organic wax) so I tweeze and use an electric razor to trim and whatnot. I wish I could wax and I don't dare try threading.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My eyebrows are pretty weird right now. 

I pluck them in between waxes. The last time I got them waxed was in October, but weirdly, I haven't had to do much plucking since then. I did trim them on my own (they are curly and unruly, so trimming is a must), but recently I've been filling them in with brow pencil and/or dark shadow. I'm kind of trying to grow them a bit for a fuller look, but I feel like they're refusing to grow. Is this a thing?
  • I tweeze, but I'm really blonde, so I only have to pluck a few every once in a while.  I only ever do under the arch and towards the end on the bottom side, so it wouldn't be worth it to pay someone to do it.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards