North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Steel drum players and reasonable salons in Outer Banks

My fiance and I are getting married in a little more than a month (holy crap!) and at the last minute, we've discovered that our original music plan for the ceremony isn't going to work. (We're getting married on the beach outside of our rental home.)

As an alternative, we want to get a steel drum player for the ceremony, but we're having trouble finding one. I've seen lots of recommendations for the One Love band, but I e-mailed them last week and have gotten no response, and have called them, only to find out that their voicemail box is full. I also contacted Minsky at Hear Steel Drums Play, but he'd have to travel all the way from Charlotte.

Anyone have any other reommendations for steel drum players? (p.s. -- our wedding is on a Monday.)

Also, looking for a salon that I can take my girls the day of for mani-pedis. I checked out the Sanderling, which is nearby (our house is in Duck), but waay too expensive. Any suggestions for alternatives?

Re: Steel drum players and reasonable salons in Outer Banks

• Options
    aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

if you want less expensive, you'll probably have to look outside of duck.

spa vogue in kitty hawk is pretty nice. we stopped there during the wedding expo weekend in january and it seemed like a great place to hang out with the girls and get pedicures.

sorry, can't help on the steel drums... good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For  mani-pedi, try Aqua Essence Spa in Duck.  They don't do hair, but they are WONDERFUL for basic spa treatments! Good luck!
  • Options
    lmlo22lmlo22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work in a spa - ditto that on above comments. For spa mani/pedis - go to AquaS or to Spa Vogue. If you want to save more $ go to Top Nails in Kitty Hawk (right next to the Wal-mart only 15 minutes from Duck). Regarding steel drums - Phil Watson and Matt Calhoun do a duo of guitar/vocal/steel drums for wedding ceremonies. Specifically, Matt Calhoun does steel drums. Here is their contact info - Matt 252-305-6728. Phil 252-202-8125

Hope this helps!
    Lauren
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Matt Calhoun is a great local steel drum player.  As far as the nails go, Bombshell's Studio is amazing! They will come to your location or you can go to the sudio in Kitty Hawk for hair,nails, and make-up.  I have nothing but good things to say about both of these vendors.
  • Options
    cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was on a budget and used bombshells for hair ( they were amazing) but I went to a place beside the harris teeter and walmart. I can't remember its name, but Its an asian nail place but they were really nice and more affordable than a formal spa. Our nails and pedis looked awesome too!
  • Options
    robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my cousin, kimberly young roberts, is the co-founder of a steel drum band called pantasia located in south carolina.  this is their website:
    http://www.pantasiasteelband.com
    i know they do a lot of weddings.  not sure if they'd travel to the obx, but worth checking into.
    hope this helps!
    ~robyn krastel davis
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards