Chit Chat

I'm back, and married! AW/PIP

My wedding turned out to be more than I could have ever imagined. The ceremony took place at the Ritz Carlton Aruba, and that's where we would be staying the night after our wedding until Sunday (yesterday).

On the day of the wedding, I head to the hotel to check in and get my stuff in the room, hang my dress up, get settled in etc. I was greeted with a glass of champagne... that was much needed by then after wrangling a dress and a large suitcase.

As I'm checking in the hotel staff said that because we are getting married there, they upgraded our room to an executive suite free of charge.. I was floored. and ecstatic. I head up to the room, and it's like an apartment.  Seriously the nicest hotel room I have ever seen.. I couldn't believe it.  I was almost in tears because of the generosity of the hotel.  (I don't get out much, ha!)

Then hair and makeup time came and went, the artist did fabulous, and I was so pleased.  Then my photographer (who wasn't supposed to show up until 30 mins before the wedding) came 30 mins earlier than expected to take some shots of me getting ready.  We also got to do a really sweet first look with me and my dad, which wasn't really expected either.

Sad news, my fancy shoes I bought to wear, I didn't wear them.  I was walking on decking, and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that in stilettos.  Not to worry though! I brought some super ugly wedges that were the same height as my original shoes, and it worked out so well.

Also, major news.... I DIDN'T CRY when I walked down the aisle.  If you've read any of my previous posts you know this was a major worry for me because I am a super emotional basket case at weddings, but nope, no tears, just pure elation and happiness..

My planner surprised me with having gold chivari chairs at the ceremony and at our dinner afterwords.  I did not know this until I was walking down the aisle.  I asked her last minute a few weeks ago if gold chivari chairs would be available for the ceremony, and that it was no big deal if not.  She told me that they only had silver available, (which I was totally fine with, even though blush and gold were my wedding colors).  And to my surprise, I had gold chairs at the ceremony and our dinner afterwords.  She also drew up special menus for our dinner, that I had not instructed her to do, and they were perfect. 

This was the wedding of my dreams and I couldn't have asked for anything more.  It was perfect.

These are just a few of the preview photos we got from the photographer, and some snapshots that were taken with an iphone.

Re: I'm back, and married! AW/PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards