November 2015 Weddings

How's everyone?

Board has been quiet lately. We had our engagement photos done today! Can't wait to see them. Dress should be in next week. Just wanted today hi to everyone.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How's everyone?

• I agree. Way too quiet! Those are really exciting, Denise :) I've mostly been working and doing honeymoon research. Got my shoes earlier this week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @flutteringinfl show pic of shoes please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got a call from our venue and told the coordinator that I feel like I have nothing to do.  He went through everything he could think of that I should be working on and each item is something we already checked off the list! He had nothing else to tell me! It's weird to think I really have nothing I need to work on now... We finished booking most of our honeymoon.  Still have to book accomidations for 2 nights on Kauai.  Also need to book our flight to Kauai, and our flight home from SF.  
  • Hey, we are going to Kauai too! :)  Look into the Sheraton, the views are beautiful, and they have a luau right on the beach!
  • Honeymoons are always a good thing to work on! I met with florist today and decided on all the flowers. I just hate not knowing what they look like until that day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered my STDs the other day and had to REDESIGN my invites (UGH) because I accidentally deleted them off of the computer. I am hoping that the invites and the RSVP cards aren't too similar in size tho because that would suck for the envelopes they go in.....
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Sorry, need to get a pic of the shoes. But in the meantime, check out one of the places we'll be staying on our honeymoon! I booked it over the weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh! And FI and I settled on our first dance song. He was a little wary because it's Disney related, but I played it for him and he agreed it was very beautiful. He'd been leaning towards "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," but we decided we'll make sure that plays at some point during the reception.

Have a listen. It's called "Promise," and if you've ever been to Epcot, it's the song that plays throughout the park after the fireworks are over.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Me again... We had our first meeting with our pastor. I was pretty nervous but I am really glad that the church requires them. He knows us from church and he knows me personally from my own professional field but I was still nervous because I wasn't sure what exactly was going to happen. He pretty much went over the wedding program and talked about the "requirements" of the church for marriage (pretty simple and traditional marriage sense) and he wanted to know how we met and fell in love and when we knew we wanted to get married.

We have 2 more meetings left and I can't wait to start more intracite and detailed planning for the ceremony.
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Our venue hosted their fall menu tasting for all of the fall couples last week. It was like a big dinner party, and we were able to sample all of our options and drink wine. We've decided on Tri-Tip, Alaskan cod, and Wild Mushroom Ravioli with a Napa Cabbage Sala w/ginger dressing.

This means we can start looking at our invitations and get those ordered. We also took care of the mens' formal wear.

And we booked out Hawaii Honeymoon the other night! We're doing 5 nights in Maui and 4 nights on the Big Island. I can't wait :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey YAY!! That's where we are going in December! So excited for the honeymoon!

I just got a few sample invitations in the mail.  I think we are going to opt for the seal and send.  We really like the simplicity of them and our event is on the casual side, so it's a good option.  We are also in the process of buying a house! Ahhhhh! So now we are trying to save money wherever possible.  Yesterday we booked our hotel in Kauai, it's a small place but we see it as a place to just rest our heads at night.  Now we just need to book the flight to Kauai, and our flight home from San Francisco.  Lots going on... but the house is giving me a nice little break from obsessing about the wedding! 
  • @klk111415 - Are you and your FI going to spend some time in San Francisco as part of your honeymoon? I live in the SF area, so I could offer you some suggestions, if you'd like :)

Wedding invitations….ugh. I just can't justify spending upwards of $1.50-$2.50 per invite, and then the response cards on top of that. We are also planning to buy a house next year, so we plan to do the invites on the casual, cheaper side. VistaPrint usually has some good sales going on. I think they have a 40% off sale going on right now. I was looking yesterday and the price for 100 invites, response cards, and sticker-sealers was $85.

I love Hawaii. I don't know if you've ever been, but you will love it. It's super close to us in California and always decently affordable for a quick vacation. But we plan to do it all up nice this time for the special occasion--staying at 4-star resorts, luaus, lots of activities :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey  Yes, we will be spending at least 2 days in SF.  We arrive on Dec 22nd late, and we want at least one full day there, but we might end up spending Christmas eve there since flights to NY are double the price on Christmas eve.  Any recommendations you can offer are greatly appreciated!  

Invitations are the worst.  We used Vista print for our STDs but we really like the seal and send just for the post card RSVP.  You save some money on the postage.  I think they are over $100 though and I was looking at Ann's Bridal Bargain.

This will be my third time in Hawaii!  I went with my family back a long time ago, then I went out there for a semester when me and the fiance started dating.  It was super tough on our relationship but we made it through and stayed together so I told him we should go there for the honeymoon to experience it together.  We are staying at so many different places, it's kinda crazy! I think we have 3 places booked for the big island, and 4 for Maui.  But we are doing one really nice resort stay while on Maui to get the true honeymoon experience.  The other places are B&B style mostly and for a few nights we are staying in a yurt!  We already booked the sunset/star gazing tour on Mauna Kea.  So excited for that!  Have you booked any excursions yet?
  • Oh and I just got confirmation that we will have one full day in SF- we are going to do Alcatraz, but any other suggestion- let me know! Neither of us have been to SF before.
  • Definitely bring a coat because it will be chilly in SF in December! Alcatraz is always a must--even as a local, I've been there 4 times and it was always interesting. Be sure to book your tickets at least a month in advance--they sell out.

If you and your FI like movies, I'd suggest taking a look at San Francisco Movie Tours. They take you on a 3 hour tour around the city on their bus and point out locations where famous movies were filmed, and show a clip of the scene on the television screen on the bus. They also stop at well-known places (Alamo Park, Golden Gate Bridge) for photos. I did this tour when my cousins as in town earlier this year and it was great.

If you like museums or Disney, the Walt Disney Family Museum is in the Presidio and is a very well done museum with a lot of neat exhibits. Lots of (interesting) reading.

The Exploratorium is along the Embarcadero and is a great science center if you enjoy science.

At Christmas time, they will have a big tree up in the Square, and usually have an ice rink.

So those are some ideas for you :)

We haven't booked our excursions yet, but we've got some ideas. Road to Hana, boat tour on the Big Island to see the lava flows, snorkel tour to Molokini. Expedia has some good prices on things.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi ladies!
    For those looking at VistaPrint - if you design your own (or use one of their designs, even) - order them through the Postcards from the 'Marketing Materials' - they are much cheaper than any of the ones ordered through the Invitations/Stationery Page.  I just ordered Save the Dates that we designed ourselves and after shipping + tax, for 250 Save the Dates it was only $56.

• I second this! At first I did the save the dates as invitations - and when I called up for some help - - the woman actually said to me "let's save you some money, and make these postcards, they are exactly the same."

I love VISTAPRINT - they are aamazing <3 
  • Ditto--I recently became a big fan when I misspelled something on my invites and they reprinted/shipped them for free. Love VP!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards