Chit Chat

In lieu of a Shower....

LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2015 in Chit Chat
Received an invite with the following...

In Lieu of a Shower - We're having a Bachelor/Bachelorette Gift Card Party!*

I kid you not!   It went on to include a list of the places where they want the giftcards to be from.   I know that giftcards are nice and I Ioved getting the ones from my shower, but to center an entire party around them? Eck!

Side note: Not sure why it's labeled as Bachelor/Bachelorette party as they're each also having separate bachelor and bachelorette parties!

*ETA: To clarify, to my knowledge they requested the party, but her mom is hosting it.

Re: In lieu of a Shower....

• LakeR2014 said:

Received an invite with the following...

In Lieu of a Shower - We're having a Bachelor/Bachelorette Gift Card Party!

I kid you not!   It went on to include a list of the places where they want the giftcards to be from.   I know that giftcards are nice and I Ioved getting the ones from my shower, but to center an entire party around them? Eck!

Side note: Not sure why it's labeled as Bachelor/Bachelorette party as they're each also having separate bachelor and bachelorette parties!

Bc they are rude alcoholics?

Gift card showers are gross. Bachelorette parties requesting gifts are gross. Combine the two and it's vomit inducing.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Yuck.

Also, am I understanding correctly that they're hosting it for themselves? Tacky tacky tacky.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Yuck.

Also, am I understanding correctly that they're hosting it for themselves? Tacky tacky tacky.
    Sorry, it's worded that way, but to my knowledge the mother is hosting it, have edited it to clarify.
  • I'd consider a gift card for etiquette lessons...
  • Gross.
    THAT IS REALLY ABRASIVE AND UNPLEASANT.
  • Not gonna happen.

I also think you should make a deliberate point of NOT giving them money or gift cards for any gift-giving occasion going forward.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Decline.
  • Gross. I girl I went to HS with is getting married this summer so naturally I stalked her wedding website, and on the registry page it had links to where she registered plus a super informative sentence that says "in addition to our registry we also welcome gift cards!"

• @peachy13 You clearly win this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards