Chit Chat

wearing leggings to work today... sorry not sorry

I'm wearing leggings to work today.  I'm a teacher and my morning consists of a walking fundraiser in which I will walk approximately 3 miles with hordes of elementary students.  And my afternoon consists of sitting in the gym keeping kids under control during the spring program practice.

I'm taking casual Friday a little too far this week... but I don't even care.  

Also.  School is done in 2 weeks and I'm not teaching here next year.

Did I justify this enough? 

Re: wearing leggings to work today... sorry not sorry

• Meh, I think it depends on what you're wearing as a top. Long flow shirt? K cool. Regular t shirt that doesn't cover your butt? Not my favourite.
  • I'm wearing leggings to work today.  I'm a teacher and my morning consists of a walking fundraiser in which I will walk approximately 3 miles with hordes of elementary students.  And my afternoon consists of sitting in the gym keeping kids under control during the spring program practice.

I'm taking casual Friday a little too far this week... but I don't even care.  

Also.  School is done in 2 weeks and I'm not teaching here next year.

Did I justify this enough? 

Sorry... I'm anti leggings-as-pants. I can handle it for running errands, chillin with friends, whatever. But I don't think anything can justify leggings as pants at work.

This. OP is your top long enough to cover your ass and crotch? 

I'm wearing jeans today and I did not get the official jeans okay. I do what I want. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • At my school, we have a Pre-K teacher who dresses down every Friday, even though we aren't supposed to unless its a school wide event.

We totally side eye her for it.  We had church last Friday (I teach at a Catholic School) and she showed up to work in sneakers, grey workout pants, and a purple workout shirt.  Knowing we were going to church, it pissed all of us off.  And she's in her late twenties, she should know better.

Having said that, I would side eye it depending on the shirt you were wearing.  If it was under a dress or a long flowy shirt, then I would be ok with it.  But a tshirt of some sorts, nope, not ok.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    are you wearing leggings or like running pants/capris?  That changes my opinion of it a bit although a longer shirt is a good idea even with workout pants

Ditto this gif. Unless you're wearing them as tights under something that covers your bits, then you're OK.

Camel toe free since '83.

• I wish we had casual Fridays at my job! I am decked out in business attire today and am dreaming of putting on some yoga pants!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm completely jealous. I could probably where them at my work, but with my luck, I'd have to go to the shop and wear my steal toes.
  • Is your butt covered? 
  • twojunebridestwojunebrides member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    i'll indulge more info......

*leggings are capri length and on the thicker side.

*i'm wearing a longer top that covers my butt-- but not long enough to be considered a dress

**edited to fix spelling
  • twojunebridestwojunebrides member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    I wear leggings under dresses a LOT.  

Like if the dress is above the knee, I will wear leggings or tights with it to school--- it is too hard to sit lady like on the floor, and I don't want a peep show at school!

**edited to fix spelling**
  • Urgh even bigger pet peeve than people wearing leggings as pants - people dropping the 'g' from the end of the word. >.<

• Y'all need to get some maternity jeans. They're seriously the greatest thing ever. The Old Navy ones are just flat elastic all the way around, low waist... so comfy. I'm never going back. Buttons and zippers are for suckers.

I wore these for years! lol

I don't like the new elastic as much though - it's more spandex-y where the old ones were just cotton wrapped.

My real muffin top got to be too much for them, sadly, and I had to switch to real, higher waisted jeans :-(

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I kind of don't give a shit what anyone else wears to work.
  • Urgh even bigger pet peeve than people wearing leggings as pants - people dropping the 'g' from the end of the word. >.<

I swear... I did not intend for that to happen!
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    I wear legginGs to work all the time. As long as no one can see your ass or camel toe, who cares?
  • luckya23 said:

Y'all need to get some maternity jeans. They're seriously the greatest thing ever. The Old Navy ones are just flat elastic all the way around, low waist... so comfy. I'm never going back. Buttons and zippers are for suckers.

I don't like the new elastic as much though - it's more spandex-y where the old ones were just cotton wrapped.

My real muffin top got to be too much for them, sadly, and I had to switch to real, higher waisted jeans :-(

Ah yeah it would be nice if it was regular cotton material/not as shiny in case my shirt didn't cover it all the way. But I'm in extra long shirts these days anyway.

Have you tried the maternity Pixie pants?? They're incredible. It's just a little triangular panel of elastic at the sides. I have blue polka dot ones that I really have to restrain myself from wearing every day.

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I feel like you're working out a bit with the kids today at work, so I don't personally see the harm in wearing leggings/tight workout pants.  My mom's physiotherapist, for example, wears them because she has to move and work with people all day, no problemo.
  • luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015

luckya23 said:

Y'all need to get some maternity jeans. They're seriously the greatest thing ever. The Old Navy ones are just flat elastic all the way around, low waist... so comfy. I'm never going back. Buttons and zippers are for suckers.

Ah yeah it would be nice if it was regular cotton material/not as shiny in case my shirt didn't cover it all the way. But I'm in extra long shirts these days anyway.

Have you tried the maternity Pixie pants?? They're incredible. It's just a little triangular panel of elastic at the sides. I have blue polka dot ones that I really have to restrain myself from wearing every day.

No! The section in our store keeps shrinking and shrinking - it's basically just clearance and returns from online at this point!

At least if I ever do get KU, I have a decent supply of jeans ready to go when I no longer have to restrain the muffin in denim ;-)

I did wear the regular pixie pants for my e-photos though!  I should get them out now that we're back in ankle-pant weather...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• doeydo said:

I feel like you're working out a bit with the kids today at work, so I don't personally see the harm in wearing leggings/tight workout pants.  My mom's physiotherapist, for example, wears them because she has to move and work with people all day, no problemo.

yeah... I mean I'm not the type of person to usually do this... but I have to walk 3 MILES... I'm sure as heck not doing that in jeans or work pants!
  • I'm currently wearing panties and a tank top.

Clothes for work have not been selected yet.
  • I have these loose black yoga pants that are my comfy around the house pants. I woke up with a massive headache and general aching and was so tempted to throw them on with a nice top and pass them off as dress pants. Our office is pretty casual (I wear jeans 90% of the time) and I knew our boss was off today so I figured, why not?

Last minute I changed my mind and threw on some dark jeans, something ingrained in me I guess about 'work appropriate clothing'

Thank goodness I did, because I walked into work this morning, and bossman was actually here, along with a new client.

I need to find a super comfortable pair of dress pants or something for those days where jeans just aren't your friend.
  • Another vote for leggings are not pants.Would not side eye under a tunic length shirt or dress though, depending on fabric/overall look. 

Anniversary
  • Leggings at work (my office) - no go, no way.

Leggings outside of work - all leggings, all the time

I was firmly in the "leggings are not pants" camp until about a year ago, when I reached a new level of laziness. Now I pretty much live in leggings and jeans/pants only get brought out if I absolutely have to wear them. I throw on my hoodie that covers my butt and call it a day.

• I'm TEAM anti leggings-as-pants. Here's a handy flow chart to help you determine if you are acceptable for public consumption - never leave the house pantsless! 
    This makes me oh so happy. I feel like I need to post it to a wall for my TAs...
  • I'm going to throw one other thing into this leggings debate.. Especially outside of work you rock what you want to, they are comfortable and I wear them. the ONLY thing I side eye is when they don't fit right and/or are see through.. if you are going to rock the leggings it's nice to cover the bits and PLEASE do not wear them so small they are stretched out to a barely there fabric! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm TEAM anti leggings-as-pants. Here's a handy flow chart to help you determine if you are acceptable for public consumption - never leave the house pantsless! 
    I love this infographic so much.

I have actually thought to myself while walking down the street in (opaque, athletic) leggings that I fall under an exception because I'm truly going to/from the gym. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards