Nevada-Las Vegas

makeup artists

I am trying to decide between Harmony and Beauty by Bri for makeup services only as my mom is my hairdresser and will be traveling with us. Thanks for any input!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: makeup artists

• I just had Harmony on April 25th, and she was fabulous!  Did my hair and makeup and my daughter's hair!  Highly recommend her!
  • Good to hear! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had Bri and LOVED her. I felt like a movie star :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is why I'm torn! They both have great reviews! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also feel the same...torn between two or three with great reviews...gonna make a decision by this weekend then book one!
  • Not sure if this is make or break but Bri gave all of us little samples to re-apply our lipstick later which we all really appreciated. Also, the package came with AWESOME eyelash extensions. Last, her airbrush is not the airbrush that I was used to. It was more of a spray can foundation that she put on the brush. The previous airbrush I have had done was with a gun. Not a huge deal and I actually preferred Bri's foundation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Harmony said she would leave samples though she usually does not. I am not generally a makeup wearer day to day. I do wear it just not everyday. So I am nervous in general about the whole thing. I've never had fake lashes or airbrush makeup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would highly recommend a trial then. At first I thought the lashes were huge but after wearing them for a bit and receiving tons of compliments...I was much more comfortable with them. In fact, I woke up the next morning (after my bachelorette party) and still looked flawless with makeup, lashes and nice hair haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're getting married in Vegas; if you can't decide, base your decision on a gamble and do a coin flip. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited May 2015
    I'm considering Bri also.
  • My hair (not quite finished yet in this photo) and makeup by Bri.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like that idea vegasgroom! Beautiful photos hmgiffor!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I worked with Beauty by Bri and I high recommend her. She was amazing!

She was professional but so sweet and personable. I loved that she was so punctual as well.

In terms of her work, like @hmgiffor said, her make up isn't actual airbrush but I enjoyed it. It applies so cool and smoothly. She gave me some of my lip colour to take with me along with extra bobby pins which both came in handy.

Her work was exceptional. I'm not much of a makeup wearer so she took this into account when creating my look. I looked photo ready and flawless but still me! Just an enhanced version of me. She kept checking to ensure I was happy with the colours, the application, the look, etc.

You can't go wrong with Brianna!

After being together for over 11 years and being engaged for over 3 years, we finally got hitched!
  • Catherine, I just booked Harmony, she has been extremely responsive, especially with emails over this weekend. I'm not sure I'll be able to do a trial with her before the wedding, so my bridesmaids are taking me for a trial here in the Bay Area, and are going to photograph the heck out of everything we like, and combined with Harmony's insight, I think hair and make-up are the least of my worries, at this point. I get a really good vibe from our correspondence, to this point. I think that Bri would also be a great choice, really, each is so highly rated by so many different members. I did like vegasgroom's idea, though. lol
  • hmgiffor said:

Not sure if this is make or break but Bri gave all of us little samples to re-apply our lipstick later which we all really appreciated. Also, the package came with AWESOME eyelash extensions. Last, her airbrush is not the airbrush that I was used to. It was more of a spray can foundation that she put on the brush. The previous airbrush I have had done was with a gun. Not a huge deal and I actually preferred Bri's foundation. 

I also suggest Bri! I loved her. 

I asked her about the air can and brush thing when she did my make-up. She said it is the same effect but you get better control on where you want the coverage. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! I am going to book with beauty by bri.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards