Chit Chat
Options

Happy Monday! How was your weekend?

Mine was busy to say the least. I managed to pull off DH's surprise graduation party Saturday with about 30 + people coming! I even had some show up I didn't expect so that was great.

I also found out that one of my BFF's is pregnant! DH and I were the first to know other than their parents. I'm going to be and Aunt :) I got her cute little baby socks and a onesie that says, "I love my Aunt" to give her tonight.

Yesterday was busy seeing both of our moms but it was nice to see family.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and Mother's Day for those Knottie mommas and expectant mothers. For anyone who might be missing their moms this year, I am truly sorry and hope you had an easy day.

Re: Happy Monday! How was your weekend?

• Options
    We had our home inspection and it went great! He was shocked how good of condition our house is in based on the age. He found virtually nothing of note, so we will definitely have a house on May 26! The result is what we expected, but it is a relief to know for sure.

We bought a chest freezer for the new house on Saturday, and then went and got the supplies we needed for packing and moving (like tape, colored paint to mark boxes by room, etc). Then we spent the rest of the weekend packing.

Somewhere in there we also spent time with our moms.
  • Options
    Too short! Friday I had that commencement volunteer thing. I was on my feet for four hours straight handing out programs. People were trickling in over an hour and a half after the event started! But after I got home, FI and I tried a restaurant where one of his former army buddies is the head chef. Food was good, but every single cocktail had moonshine in it, and I found out my body does not react well to the stuff.

So even though I only had one drink, I was super hungover pretty much all of Saturday. In the morning FI had a work thing, then we went for lunch, napped, and then did the most fun thing of all: honeymoon planning! It's a little early to be hardcore planning, but there was this hotel in the Great Barrier Reef I definitely wanted to lock down, so we went ahead and made reservations there. I'm gonna AW it because I'm so freaking excited: http://www.daintree-ecolodge.com.au/

Sunday we drove up to Tampa to see FI's fam. The plan was to take his mom to lunch and then go to the zoo, but his niece was a little sick so we ordered food in and didn't end up leaving for the zoo until late, so instead we went to a nearby bay area to look at boats. Still fun.

This morning starts the summer term at work, and we're already experiencing technical difficulties. Yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sunday was a very good day. Very long - FI worked, so he got up at 6:30 or so, and I got up right after he left and went to the grocery store and bought food for the house for the week and bought stuff for Mother's Day dinner, and then got home about 8:45 and spent the next 4-5 hours in the kitchen. I have a newfound appreciation for just how difficult FI's job is. I never, ever thought it was easy, but damn if I wasn't exhausted yesterday, and I didn't do a quarter of the cooking FI does every day. 

BUT when we went to bed, FI snuggled with me for a while. He isn't really a snuggler, so when I do get to cuddle up with him for a few minutes ... well, it sounds weird to say I cherish it, but I do. It's super special. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It started out great. Picked up my best friend at the train station Friday and we went out for sushi. We then went back to my house to drink some wine. 

Saturday we had a friend's birthday party in the park. The weather kind of sucked, but the food was great and we had a good time. Saturday night we just chilled at home and watched Montage of Heck. 

Sunday - we had plans to go out to breakfast with my mom, my grandma and my aunt. And my brother just didn't show up, and I'm 100% sure it's because he was hungover. He never contacted my mom yesterday and I'm furious with him. The day was fun - we had breakfast and then hung out at my Grandma's. But my brother's behavior really hurt my mom and put a damper on the day. He's not responding to any of us and I just am so frustrated. 
  • Options
    We had a great weekend. H and I have our weekends Friday & Saturday and work Sundays, so we drove to see our moms Thursday night. On Friday H installed MILs new dishwasher after many failed attempts and leaky water hoses, he got it pretty well. Still a little leak, but nothing some high quality tape won't fix (which he ordered her). He tried installing the microwave but those are trickier than he realized.

Saturday we went over to my mom's and made her breakfast and got her (decaf) coffee; something that she loves and dearly misses. We took her and MIL met us up at Butterfly World, the largest butterfly park in the world. It is my mom's favorite place in the world she's able to visit in her condition, and there were many happy tears from being over emotional, especially when a butterfly landed on her!

imageimage

• Options

It was a great weekend besides one little hang up.

Friday night H and I built our blanket fort, so that was really fun. We are trying again to get pregnant, so we are really trying to keep some fun in our lives. We had date night and found a really awesome wing place in our new neighborhood so I am stoked about that.

Saturday was an errand running day. I swung by my mom's and we walked to a local breakfast spot. Of course on our walk back it started downpouring! It was fun though. After, H and I went and finished mother's day shopping.

Yesterday was Mother's Day brunch family day, so that was a blast. There was so much food and everyone had a great time. The only bad part of my weekend came when I was washing dishes and broke a glass in my hand and totally killed my finger. It looks way worse then it is.

And perhaps the best part of the weekend, I'm an aunt again! SIL had their baby this morning at 4am. I have no siblings, so it is wonderful that I am getting to be an aunt this way. It feels amazing!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @wandajune6 my heart hurts for you. I want to make all of their faces hurt.

And your tattoo is beautiful!

• Options
    @wandajune6 agreed with lolo! Your tattoo is beautiful; love the watercolor effect. I'm so glad you had your H there for you; I would have had more than just excuses to say to them!

imageimage

• Options
    Wanda, I love the tattoo! And I'm so sorry they treat you like that. 
  • Options
    @wandajune6 your tattoo is amazing!
  • Options
    Wanda, that's awful. You owe no one any explanations. Hugs to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @wandajune6 I want to punch all your H's family people in the most painful places I can. That's fucking shitty. 

I'm sorry your gramma made comments too, but you're right - she might be a little harder to deal with on that front. I'd feel bad threatening to punch your gramma for you. 
  • Options
    @wandajune6 you got the tattoo! It's beautiful. Also, I'm sorry that people are such thoughtless assholes. :(

My weekend was good. Saturday was busy--took the dog to the vet (he's fine; hooray! Just a UTI), sang in my choir concert, met FI at Costco and got a bunch of staples. We also returned our old Vitamix for the newer model which was on super-duper sale. Since Costco gives you full money back for everything, we actually came out a little bit ahead, which is awesome. Also, it is red, and matches our KitchenAid mixer.

Sunday I got up early and went to spin class (I'm trying not to hate it. I love how I feel when it's over but it's hard for me to wrap my head around biking in a dark room without the wind on your face or any scenery like actual biking). Then FI and I went to the Yankees-Orioles game--my friend had company tickets at field level, woohoo!

After that I went home and snuggled my pup for a while, and then made dinner (which shouldn't be a notable event, but sadly it is...we tend to Seamless too much). 

All told, very fun!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

@wandajune6 my heart hurts for you. I want to make all of their faces hurt.

And your tattoo is beautiful!
    Thanks!

People are thoughtless. I forgive the older crowd. My gramma says horrible things to everyone all the time but I forgive it all because she has pretty serious dementia. DH's family is harder because they've never had issues. Also, it pisses me off how everyone always assumes that it's my fault that I'm not pregnant yet. Plus, they're all just being jackasses lately.
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

@emmaa - glad your suprrise party went off without a hitch! And how exciting that you're going to be an aunt!

@wandajune6 - I'm so sorry that you had to put with comments like that all weekend. Big hugs. Also, your tattoo is absolutely gorgeous! How badly did it hurt while you were getting it done? I just got my new one on my shoulder a week and a half ago and it was the worst pain out of all my tattoos (and I have one on my ribs!).

My weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night we went to my old roommate's place and had dinner with her and her boyfriend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we sat outside for dinner and had a little fire in their firepit.

Saturday, H and I went on a day trip to Ithaca - stopped at the brewery and had our first picnic of the year by the lake. Again, the weather was absolutely beautiful - almost 90 degrees and sunshine. Later that night we went to a waterfront bar with my in-laws and got dinner after. Our pup was NOT happy with us being gone pretty much all day so decided to destroy two pairs of my shoes. He's never chewed up anything, aside from paper, so I was decidely not happy with him.

Yesterday was spent at my in-laws - my mom was out of town so I'll see her next weekend. We hung out there all afternoon and evening. Fred got to play in the yard with their big dog for hours but I think we let him overdo it. He's limping now due to blisters on his pads and sheer exhaustion. We're going to take a couple weeks off before we bring him back over there, which sucks because he loves having a yard to run around in.

ETF - words are hard on Mondays

• Options

@wandajune6 Tat looks amazing!!

@lolo883 Woohoo for being moved! You can start setting up the nursery and picking out your new kitchen, hells yea.

@littlemushroom Woooo!! That's great about the home inspection- congrats!

We are going to look at a house tonight. It's very similar to the one we backed out on- same layout, same price, a little more land, so I'm really hoping we like it in person!

Saturday I got a major reality check. Took my friend to hike my favorite mountain in NH and I haven't worked out in a year so I was like dying and had to keep stopping and sitting down and holding her back. I've always been in shape and done that mountain in much less time so now I'm kinda motivated to get off my ass and start working out again.

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Wandajune, your in laws sound sucky. 

I was dreading mother's day but it wasn't too bad. I don't have a great relationship with my mom, plus I really want to BE a mom but can't quite start TTC yet. I took H's mom to get our nails done, which she really liked, and we made food for his parents plus uncle and grandma. I called my parents late in the evening and that went pretty well.

On Saturday we found out some friends found out they were pregnant a couple weeks ago and H could tell immediately I was jealous. Then I watched a video about a 90 year old nurse and cried. 

Now it's finals week. I had to take an ATI test, which specifically tests us on stuff we don't know yet, but it still counts toward our grade. I bombed it. Wheee. The big one is tomorrow. 
  • Options
    FiancB said:

Wandajune, your in laws sound sucky. 

I was dreading mother's day but it wasn't too bad. I don't have a great relationship with my mom, plus I really want to BE a mom but can't quite start TTC yet. I took H's mom to get our nails done, which she really liked, and we made food for his parents plus uncle and grandma. I called my parents late in the evening and that went pretty well.

On Saturday we found out some friends found out they were pregnant a couple weeks ago and H could tell immediately I was jealous. Then I watched a video about a 90 year old nurse and cried. 

Now it's finals week. I had to take an ATI test, which specifically tests us on stuff we don't know yet, but it still counts toward our grade. I bombed it. Wheee. The big one is tomorrow. 
    @FiancB I'm right there with you. I was so excited for our friends and I can't wait to meet their little bundle of joy next January. However, I have baby fever so bad and DH could tell later that I was a little jealous. Even though I know it's not the right time for us to start TTC conceive right now...so we're waiting until next January.

• Options
    Friday, I went to a friend's house for her closet cleaning party. Scored 2 blazers and the entire West Wing on DVD, so I consider that a win! H met me at the train and we walked to a new pizza place near the house and had an impromptu date. It was lovely.

Saturday was our niece's first communion, so the day was eaten up by family stuff. It was fun, though.

Mother's Day was hard for me (sorry, @wandajune6, that people were so rude to you). Nobody even asked me about being pregnant or not and it still sucked. I can't imagine what you must have been feeling. But it was hard going on Facebook and seeing everyone doing MD stuff. H got me a sewing machine for my birthday, so I went to Michael's to get craft stuff. I am making my niece a set of fake breakfast food to go with her new fake kitchen, so that was fun!

@lolo883- yay for your move! But I hear ya, it is tiring even if you aren't doing the heavy lifting.
  • Options
    @wandajune6 - Gorgeous tattoo! I am sorry about all the comments you got this weekend. It baffles me how people are so obsessed about things like that. I mean, how RUDE is it to comment on whether or not you are a mom yet. How is that anyone's business except yours and your H's?

@lolo883, I LOVE your sanctuary corner! It makes me want to curl up on that chair and read a book :)

My weekend was pretty good, I picked up my dress on Friday!!!!!! My mom has it so that FI won't sneak a peek, or better yet, the kitties. I also had my hair and makeup trial Friday! Saturday I chilled at home while FI ran errands with FMIL. I finished my bouquet, so I am so excited for it! Yesterday we went to brunch with my parents for Mothers Day and then went to FI's grandma's house for dinner, so it was a lovely day!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Was a great weekend! Absolutely incredible weather, clear sunny skies and +25C. Which is bonkers as that's usually mid July temps for up north here. And even more bonkers as it was -5C and blizzarding only 4 days ago. Got to love a 30 degree temperature changes!

Saturday I slathered on the sunscreen. I'm really not sure how I am going to survive this summer as a ginger without getting tanlines. September is suddenly seeming so far away and it seems like such a daunting task to remain tanline free! FI and I grabbed the soccer ball out of storage and went to the nearby field and spent 2 hours kicking the ball around and then went on an hour hike. By the time we got home around supper both of us were exhausted.

Yesterday did a tonne of laundry since FI is away this week and needed clean clothes. Then went on another 2 hour hike since the sun was shining again. Every sunday we choose a new recipe and cook it together for date night so we did a grilled tuna dish on the BBQ and it was amazing. And then I worked on centerpieces while we watched Mad Men and GofT.

It was a great weekend, it was really really nice to get outside in NICE weather for a change. All our hikes and such have been in the cold and wind and sleet and snow lately and to just throw on a pair of shorts and a tank and go was amazing. 
  • Options

A great weekend. Lunch with mom and grandma. 

My sweet son decided to bake me a red velvet cake. The kitchen looks like a murder scene. 
    OMG I feel you. The blue gel food coloring leaked (when MIL packed it, gee thanks) all over all the other food colorings, sprinkles, decorative icing tubes, etc. and the POT that she put it all in. Why you packing things in pots, lady? We're gonna have blue spaghetti forever now. That shit will NOT wash off completely.

You'll appreciate this... the one corner of sanctuary I have set up yet.
    I want your sanctuary corner.
  • Options

My sweet son decided to bake me a red velvet cake. The kitchen looks like a murder scene. 
    OMG I feel you. The blue gel food coloring leaked (when MIL packed it, gee thanks) all over all the other food colorings, sprinkles, decorative icing tubes, etc. and the POT that she put it all in. Why you packing things in pots, lady? We're gonna have blue spaghetti forever now. That shit will NOT wash off completely.

Wilton gel colors are leaky and evil. I feel your pain. 
  • Options

....blue spaghetti sounds fun to me....

I want your sanctuary. It looks lovely!
  • Options

@emmaa - glad your suprrise party went off without a hitch! And how exciting that you're going to be an aunt!

@wandajune6 - I'm so sorry that you had to put with comments like that all weekend. Big hugs. Also, your tattoo is absolutely gorgeous! How badly did it hurt while you were getting it done? I just got my new one on my shoulder a week and a half ago and it was the worst pain out of all my tattoos (and I have one on my ribs!).

My weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night we went to my old roommate's place and had dinner with her and her boyfriend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we sat outside for dinner and had a little fire in their firepit.

Saturday, H and I went on a day trip to Ithaca - stopped at the brewery and had our first picnic of the year by the lake. Again, the weather was absolutely beautiful - almost 90 degrees and sunshine. Later that night we went to a waterfront bar with my in-laws and got dinner after. Our pup was NOT happy with us being gone pretty much all day so decided to destroy two pairs of my shoes. He's never chewed up anything, aside from paper, so I was decidely not happy with him.

Yesterday was spent at my in-laws - my mom was out of town so I'll see her next weekend. We hung out there all afternoon and evening. Fred got to play in the yard with their big dog for hours but I think we let him overdo it. He's limping now due to blisters on his pads and sheer exhaustion. We're going to take a couple weeks off before we bring him back over there, which sucks because he loves having a yard to run around in.

ETF - words are hard on Mondays

It hurt like hell. I have another one on my side that's much smaller. This guy had a lighter hand but the color saturation and size made it tough. It also just took forever.

It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much now as the last one did. Unfortunately, it's still drooling a bit. Not a lot, just enough to ruin anything I wear and make my clothes stick. That part sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards