Wedding Invitations & Paper

Are you using paper or online invitations? + Get an invitation coupon code!

Hi Knotties!

We want to know what’s really trending these days. What type of invitation will you or did you use for your wedding? 

Will you use a traditional invitation, like this one from Wedding Paper Divas?

Or will you go the paperless route and send out online invitations, like this one from PaperlessPost.com?

Let us know below! 

P.S. Anyone who responds before May 29th, 2015 will be sent a 20% off Wedding Paper Divas coupon! 

Re: Are you using paper or online invitations? + Get an invitation coupon code!

• Paper invitations for us.

• RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Paperless for us.
  • We plan to use traditional paper invitations. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Paper invitations. I think it's such an important event (no matter the theme) that it deserves a physical memento to commemorate it instead of something that a website could delete after a year. We also have elderly guests that don't know how to use a computer. 

• Definitely traditional paper for us! I absolutely love how pretty invitation suites can be!
  • spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Paper invitations with RSVP cards but no additional inserts (website info, directions, etc.). We did send save the dates digitally with our wedding website url and are planning to resend that info because some of our guests lost the password
    Just Married!

• Paper FTW!

Weddings deserve more than an evite.
    *********************************************************************************

• paper for sure. an evite is good for a bbq, not a formal wedding. 
  • I agree with @marie2785.  We definitely did paper invites!
  • We used paper.
  • edited May 2015
    Paper but only because I felt like I "had to" since it's a wedding. The "green" part of me is disappointed by how much paper we are going to waste with invites.

I wish e-vites were more acceptable.
  • RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Paper but only because I felt like I "had to" since it's a wedding. The "green" part of me is disappointed by how much paper we are going to waste with invites.

I wish e-vites were more acceptable.

This is exactly why the attitude about them exists. People only see them for BBQs and showers so they think they are only for informal events, so people advise not using them for formal events, so people don't because they are scared to, so no one ever sees them for formal events. And the circle continues.

That's exactly why I'm using them, as well as the issues with the mail (there is a thread on that now) and all our guests use email.

Printed invites were considered too informal initially as well.
  • Our invitations are DIY, made from great paper and envelopes we got from Paper Source. We did use Paperless Post for your Save the Dates though, and we're using The Knot for RSVPs. 

There's so much paper that gets sent around and thrown out for weddings. I wanted to cut down on that. 
  • We did lovely art deco paper invites with silver foiling :smiley:

• I recently was married and my husband and I ran into a post office issue. We used paper invitations and sent them out 6 weeks before the wedding. Less then 2 weeks before more then half our guest didn't get an invitation. We ended up getting ghetto and creating a wedding invitation on Facebook for all the people who didn't receive the mail invite. 

This won't help you decide but if I had to do it all over again, I would invite through an e-invitation and then send paper ones to people who don't use the internet or would prefer a paper invitation. (I feel like it's easier to save in your phone when it's all electronic)
  • We'll be doing e-vites.
  • Definitely doing paper invites and RSVP cards no additional inserts.
  • We're definitely doing paper. Our older relatives are not particularly tech savvy. I also like the way paper invites look. 
  • Paper. We try to be environmentally conscious, but we have too many relatives who aren't very tech savvy and probably would appreciate paper invites.
  • We used Paperless Post, and I think it was the best decision we made. We were inviting guests in 7 countries including some in places that normal post is unreliable. We saved a lot of money, RSVPs all get automatically organized, and we can correspond with guests about any logistics or concerns. I do sort of wish I had a paper invitation as a keepsake, but not enough to regret the decision. 

I know some people consider electronic invitations poor etiquette, but surprisingly none of our guests did (and my family is old school WASP). It's probably worth noting that my fiancee and many of our guests are in the IT industry and are very computer-oriented. 
  • i prefer to use the tradiotional invitations.
  • Traditional for us :)
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    When the time comes, I will use paper invitations because I find them really pretty and more fitting for a wedding than an email.
  • We sent out paper invites but are using the knot.com for RSVPs. We sent out save the dates that had our website on them so that people could start getting familiar with our site.
  • We're sending out canvas invites for the family attending the actually ceremony but an interactive e-invite for anyone else. I know most of our guest will prefer something that they can access at any time and it's so much easier to deal with RSVP's that I can put in a spead sheet with just a click of a button   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards