Chit Chat

What's your favorite crafty hobby?

1235»

Re: What's your favorite crafty hobby?

• Viczaesar said:

Morning Mocha (made with brewed coffee, among other things):

Okay, I fully understand that this is soap, but it looks like some kind of unbelievably delicious bready-cakey-something with frosting, and I just - I just need somebody to make something edible that looks like this right now please. Preferably also in a Morning Mocha flavor.

@viczaesar, these are incredible.
    My mom used to make butterscotch brownies, that looked like this. I've been thinking about them all morning. From the old Betty Crocker cookie book, which is the best cookie recipe source in the universe. Someone has it posted online.

• So many great things here! I got tired of clicking the love it, so a thousand love its. 

I do many things. Too many things. 
    Some times things turn out great, sometimes there are half finished disasters. 
    Basically, if I'm not creating something, I feel empty and aimless. 

@Viczaesar- that soap is beautiful. Not just pretty, but genuinely beautiful. You could sell that without even trying. Is it difficult? Are the supplies expensive? 
    So much this! I don't care if it's a meal or a piece of furniture or something to hang on the wall... I just love there being something pretty where there wasn't before. :)
    Yes, that exactly. 
    Are you going to make that adorable kitchen island you put on your dream kitchen pictures? 
    I really want you to. Because you totally, one hundred percent could. Vintage dresser into kitchen island was my very first serious furniture project. Lowes has a seven dollar mitre box and hand saw set, and you're off to the races. Nails, wood glue, hammer. 
    If you can sew, and measure and cut fabrics and papers, you can handle wood. 
    Added bonus- by the time you're finished, you not only have an adorable and excellent kitchen island for maybe 100 bucks, but you've mastered the mitre box and wood trim. Easy. 
    UGH, if you could just make all of my furniture for me, please.
    Yes please!

Love doing stuff like this! FI took an antique vanity cabinet that came with drawers and attached mirror, cleaned it up a bit, sealed/waterproofed the top, made some cuts for the pipes to run through the drawer, and turned a pretty glass bowl from Marshall's into the vessel sink.  It's not perfect by any means, but I love it!   
  • Thank you, @nicemarmot, @ohannabelle, and @louxnoelle!  It's definitely not a cheap hobby, unfortunately.  Not so much difficult as exacting; it's a lot of measuring and calculating and wearing the right protective gear (because of the lye).  Louxnoelle, my (adult) nephew actually took a bite out of that one just to see.  Actually, licking the soap is one way of making sure that all of the lye has been inactivated and it's safe to use; if the lye is still active your tongue gets a hell of a zap!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards