Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon on a budget

Hi Knotties,

My fiance and I are starting to consider options for our honeymoon in February 2016. Our budget is $3k out of Pittsburgh, PA. We are looking into cruises but I was hoping to get a few other options to consider. Our requirements are somewhere warm, probably the Caribbean or Mexico and at least 7 days. I've checked out Apple and Cheap Caribbean website for options, haven't had much luck yet. If anyone has any other websites to share or places to look into that would be great. Thanks :-)

Re: Honeymoon on a budget

• I booked a cruise to the Bahamas through AffordableTours.com a few years ago and we got a great deal! The cruise was through Norwegian cruise line, the ship was very nice and we had an amazing time!
  • I attended a wedding in Cancun during spring (busy season) for $2,000. This included EVERYTHING for my husband and myself flying out of Boston. I definitely think you can work with Cancun on your budget. Honestly go see a a travel agent, or piece it together yourself using Trip Advisor to see hotel reviews and kayak to find flights. I always find it cheapest to book air and hotel directly with the company on their own website, and not through a third party such as expedia/ cheap caribbean.

• February is definitely high season. I think you can get to where you want to go, but you may need to consider something less than 7 nights for a land option. If you want 7 nights no matter what, cruising might work best.

• hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Anywherecostarica.com

We planned the details of our Costa Rica HM like hotels and airfare but I used this website to book tours and transportation. They can do it all too. We looked at packages to get ideas but kind of wanted to do our own thing for part of it. We stayed in Arenal at Tabacon Hot Springs resort and at te beach in Montezuma at Ylang Ylang Beach Restort (not a common destination as it is more remote and low key).

Ours totaled 5K for 9 nights but it was at Thanksgiving time so airfare was expensive and we did private transportation for part of it. Costa Rica can be inexpensive and is very safe

• Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We decided on a cruise out of Puerto Rico and are going in a couple days early to enjoy some time there.

• Sweet, what ports do you stop at? I always thought the cruises out of San Juan hit much better ports than the ones out of FL.

• It's a busy cruise. We stop at St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Marteen. I think we are most excited to see St. Marteen.
  • Check out my sticky about how to cruise without going broke.  There are lots of tips there.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We've been on a cruise once before and loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards