Not Engaged Yet
Options

New here...

2»

Re: New here...

• Options

I love all of the proposal stories!! Thanks for sharing! Let's see if I can get this tagging thing to work...

@Swazzle
    What's the last book you read? I'm currently reading a book called 
    Favorite place to vacation? I love to vacation anywhere with a beach! Although I really want to go to Europe - I've never been!
    Alcoholic beverage of choice? I'm definitely a big wine drinker! For liquor, anything sweet or fruity, or sometimes gin and tonic (random)
    How do you feel about guac? I LOVE guac - one of my friends makes awesome guac and brings it when we have people over.

What part of the world are located? I live in northern Virginia, near DC!
    Favorite vacation? above :)
    Where is your beach trip this summer? We're going to Myrtle Beach!
    Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat? Tough question, I enjoy all three but definitely eat!

What's your favorite dessert? Definitely cheesecake, although I tend to like salty foods more than sweet!

If you could have any animal on earth as a pet what would it be? Realistically, a golden retriever. But in a fantasy world, I think those teacup pigs are adorable!
    I TOTALLY MISSED THIS!!! Holy crap neighbor! Where do you board/ride?? We train (sold all our horses - but son and I still ride) with Monique Bernardo at Highpoint Farm in Culpeper, but live in Woodbridge.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @Swazzle How did I completely forget to finish my sentence?!? As soon as I get home from teaching all day, I lose my brain. The book I'm reading is called Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - it's good so far!

@Dignity100 I think my favorite is Spencer because I'm most like her, but I'm also a big fan of Ezria because everything they do is adorable. Also, Hanna's mom is awesome.

@beanbot2002 That's an old picture from when we used to event - my dressage tack! I have an awesome brown event saddle, and I actually sold that dressage saddle last year since I never use it anymore!

@caseface5 Thanks for the suggestions! I actually watched the whole Friends series when it came out in January - took me a month and a half! I've been trying to read more when I can - definitely trying to avoid looking at any wedding stuff but it's not easy!

I know I shouldn't assume that it's going to happen at a certain time - it is hard though! I feel like I need to have my nails perfectly done 24/7 and I should be wearing something cute at all times! But I'll do my best to convince myself that he's not doing it in DC :)
  • Options
    @knockonwood5127, I was in pajamas (I think ... might have still been wearing my dress from dinner, but most likely I changed into pajamas) and my nails weren't done at all. It's about the moment, not necessarily what you look like in the moment.
  • Options

@knockonwood5127, I was in pajamas (I think ... might have still been wearing my dress from dinner, but most likely I changed into pajamas) and my nails weren't done at all. It's about the moment, not necessarily what you look like in the moment.

QFT. I'm not engaged yet but I used to have this idea that I needed to look perfect for the moment to be perfect. But reality is the man you love is asking you to spend the rest of your life with him...literally nothing you are wearing or the most perfect manicure could make that moment any better.

There used to be a reg here whose now H proposed to her while she was stepping out of the shower - she didn't even have a towel on.

• Options
    @cu97tiger I grew up in Carroll County! Live in Manassas now, definitely not far from Frederick! BF's mom and step dad live there.

@beanbot2002 I board in Nokesville - I don't train anymore and I'm lucky if I can get out to ride once a week. I'm hoping that once the school year ends I can get to ride more - it's my first year teaching so it's just been so crazy!
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches @bethsmiles Hahaha that's hilarious about the shower! And I know that it really doesn't matter what I look like. I guess that just feels like the only part of it that I do have any control over! I really do love to plan, so that fact that he gets to plan the whole thing and I don't get to know any of it drives me crazy! But I know that's all part of what makes it special :)
  • Options
    @knockonwood5127 - I absolutely understand the frustration! I'm the planner in our relationship and it's weird that BF is the one planning while I'm just sitting back and waiting.

• Options
    @knockonwood5127 - I just finished reading that book not too long ago. I'm now on to my next Liane Moriarty book... I'm really enjoying them. Also - re: proposal... I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, with my hair up in a ponytail. I hadn't showered that day at all. It did not, in any way, make the proposal any less special. Who cares if your nails aren't perfect or you aren't dressed to the nines, is THAT what a proposal is really all about?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I read (listened to) that a few months ago and loved it! They're making it into a miniseries or something I think I heard. I've read a few of her other books too and loved them all.

• Options
    @bethsmiles @knockonwood5127 - im also a planner and BF is not. i plan everything we do so im with both of you on this but i kind of love it simply because of that reason. im so excited to see what he comes up with.
  • Options
    You probably live right around the corner for me! I'm just off the parkway in the L section of Dale City. I work at the county building. My mom taught for 30 years in PWCS, most recently at ROES. She passed away suddenly and unexpectedly over the summer. If you logged into the PWCS main page at all over the summer, they had her picture on the main screen. 
    Eventing is awesome. Just wanted to make sure you weren't a DQ ;) 

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards