New Jersey

Venues Down the Shore

Hi!
My fiance and I are looking to get married down the shore.  I prefer to have a water view if we choose to do it in this area.  We are considering:
Sunset Ballroom (Lobster Shanty)- Point Pleasant
Crystal Point - Point Pleasant
Oyster Point- Red Bank
Molly Pitcher-Red Bank
Windows on the Water was out of our price range, and our family wasn't too fond of Breakers.  Does anyone have any other suggestions of venues on the water or experience with the places listed?

Any churches in that area you know are willing to marry non-parishioners would be greatly appreciated also! 

Re: Venues Down the Shore

• It would be helpful to others knew your budget (including tax/service charge/gratuity) as well as the time of year, day of the week and evening or daytime. Prices can vary wildly based on these things.
  • We are looking into next summer on a Friday or Sat night.  Around 150-200 guests and looking to spend only up to about 150 per person including tax and tip.  
    Thanks!
  • We had our reception at Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune, definitely in your price range.  Everything from the food to the service was wonderful!!

Anniversary

• The Lobster Shanty and Crystal Point are definitely in your price point. A Friday night at Oyster Point will probably be as well. Maybe try the Channel Club in Monmouth Beach but I believe they may be too high given renovations. If you are okay with veering more in-land, then try looking into the Crystal Ballroom at the Radisson (Freehold), The Spring Lake Manor and Doolan's (both in Spring Lake), Eagle Ridge Golf Club (Lakewood), and the Sterling Ballroom (Tinton Falls). All should be within your pricepoint. Good luck!!
  • Waters Edge in Bayville is beautiful! 
  • The Mill in Spring Lake Heights is beautiful!  I'm having my wedding there next March.  It's not on the bay or the ocean, but it is on a lake so it has a water view of that. 

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    The Ocean Place or the Avenue in Long Branch might be options. 

If you want really inexpensive try the Lacey Elks Lodge which has a beautiful outside.  The inside alas looks like an Elk's Lodge (dated old men's club)

I never remember the name of it but there's a wedding venue on the north end of Belmar behind the Belmar Motor Lodge (but discourage your guests from staying there)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards