Chit Chat

Bad Sweetie. BAD SWEETIE.

You guys. 

I started a BB&B registry. 

I should not have started a BB&B registry.

I am in the kitchen gadgetry section of the website. I will never escape.

Send snacks and a venti mocha, easy on the whip.

(In all seriousness, I will be playing with this for hours. It's either a very good or a very bad thing that Bossman has court all afternoon.)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Bad Sweetie. BAD SWEETIE.

• falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Don't tell me that!   I've been staying off of the BB&B and Macy's sites so that I don't start a registry too soon.  As it is I think I'll only be able to wait August or September before I ask FI to go to the store with me so we can get a scan gun. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I don't need a registry. We have 40 guests (not counting vendor-type peeps) and a fair few of them are traveling, and I'm busily convincing myself that nobody will care enough to ask if/where we're registered.

BUT THEY HAVE A STEEL MEASURING CUP SET WITH SPOONS LABELED "TAD" "PINCH" "SMIDGEN" AND "DASH" HOW CAN I NOT GET THOSE.
    I got the measuring spoon set like that as a favor at a wedding shower then won the cup set as a prize. They're pretty cool. But I'm missing the half cup measure. Grrrr.....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • falsara said:

I don't need a registry. We have 40 guests (not counting vendor-type peeps) and a fair few of them are traveling, and I'm busily convincing myself that nobody will care enough to ask if/where we're registered.

BUT THEY HAVE A STEEL MEASURING CUP SET WITH SPOONS LABELED "TAD" "PINCH" "SMIDGEN" AND "DASH" HOW CAN I NOT GET THOSE.
    Yep, BTW resit getting  an Amazon universal registry that lets you go to any website and Add an item to your registry. I might have already thought about registering for R2-D2 measuring cups that nest together to create an R2-D2.  I saw it on thinkgeek
    NO I DO NOT NEED THAT ABILITY NO NO NO. 

YOU totally should though! And then report back on the effectiveness of the nesting R2 measuring cups so I can then go buy them. I will need many, many measuring cups. I'm sick of washing mine just to make them dirty again.
  • falsarafalsara member
    You're an ENABLER!!!! Stop it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• falsara said:

You're an ENABLER!!!! Stop it!

I'm not an "enabler" - I'm an "encourager"!
  • spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yeah, I have a BB&B registry, I've browsed through hundreds of serving utensils. It's too much! Too many serving utensils!
    Just Married!

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    We didn't do any registries and it makes me sad (and jealous!). Put a spoonula on yours for me!
  • anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    falsara said:

I don't need a registry. We have 40 guests (not counting vendor-type peeps) and a fair few of them are traveling, and I'm busily convincing myself that nobody will care enough to ask if/where we're registered.

Yep, BTW resit getting  an Amazon universal registry that lets you go to any website and Add an item to your registry. I might have already thought about registering for R2-D2 measuring cups that nest together to create an R2-D2.  I saw it on thinkgeek
    We totally did an Amazon registry. But I don't think people really bought from it a lot. Less people than I expected anyways.
  • spglsp said:

Yeah, I have a BB&B registry, I've browsed through hundreds of serving utensils. It's too much! Too many serving utensils!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

I should not have put a KitchenAid on there. Now I want to put it on Facebook and tell EVERYONE to buy me my KitchenAid. Split between all my Facebook friends, it'd be, like, $5 per person! That's not much! And I repay in delicious fresh tasty bread and cakes and nummies!
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I love all my stuff from BBB. After the wedding, we took the cash gifts we got and pretty much spent it there. 

/enabling

Though last time we went we got kinda pissed we couldn't find a water filter and a doormat and a reasonably priced comforter that isn't white. So I guess it's better for kitchen gadgets than most things. 
  • FiancB said:

I love all my stuff from BBB. After the wedding, we took the cash gifts we got and pretty much spent it there. 

/enabling

Though last time we went we got kinda pissed we couldn't find a water filter and a doormat and a reasonably priced comforter that isn't white. So I guess it's better for kitchen gadgets than most things. 
    Yeah... I cannot go into BB&B without coming out with some new kitchen toy, but our store sucks everywhere else.

I have decided I don't want a KitchenAid. I found a Cuisinart that is closer to what my Oster Kitchen Center is (y'all, I am in LOVE with that thing) and it's $50 cheaper. Which, duh, means more accessories.

And I don't NEED ENABLING! I am totally capable of ENABLING MYSELF. 
  • I originally was like "oh we don't need a registry, we don't need stuff".  But as I started doing it, I found SO MANY THINGS.  I now have 3 registries... which feels a bit obscene to me but each one only has about 50-60 items (that includes $3 dishtowels), and we have 200 on the guest list. 

But yeah, I've gone in and edited it like 3 or 4 times too... even swapped out our dishes to a different pattern.  It makes it worse that you can do it all online after having a glass or three of wine.

Married 9.12.15
  • Guys... I have 71 items on our new BB&B registry. None of which are things I felt I needed FI's input on - basically kitchen utensils, pots and pans, a pair of copper salt and pepper grinders that I will not compromise on. Even though EVERYTHING ELSE (literally) is stainless or black.

I have a problem.
  • falsara said:

I NEED THESE. I am going to go google for these now.
  • falsarafalsara member
    @hellosweetie1015  yep I am aware of that toasters existence.  I've talked FI out of Buying it mainly because I'd rather have all parts of my toast, toasted instead of just the center part, even if it does look like Vader

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• falsara said:

Amazon is DANGEROUS! We have all sorts or random shit on there that we probably wouldn't have registered for if Amazon didn't make it so damn easy. Crab rings? Check. An air compressor? Sure! A smoker? HELL YEAH.

We do not need these things. But once you start adding items in Amazon, it's hard to stop.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • falsara said:

Amazon is DANGEROUS! We have all sorts or random shit on there that we probably wouldn't have registered for if Amazon didn't make it so damn easy. Crab rings? Check. An air compressor? Sure! A smoker? HELL YEAH.

We do not need these things. But once you start adding items in Amazon, it's hard to stop.
    We did a smoker too.  I should say I, I put together all the registries then asked FI to look at them since he doesn't care too much.  He did give a bit of input on the dishes though.  Basically I found them, asked him "hey do you like these?" and he said "yeah those are nice".  That was his input LOL  He usually says "I don't care" so I'll take "those are nice". 
    Married 9.12.15
  • falsara said:

I have a love/hate relationship with our Amazon registry. FI put a pretzel dog maker on there... because we obviously need one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • falsara said:

I have a love/hate relationship with our Amazon registry. FI put a pretzel dog maker on there... because we obviously need one.
    Mmmm, pretzel dogs...

FI put an air compressor, a rototiller ($900), and a poker set on our registry. He also upped the quantity of crab rings we "need" from two (reasonable for two people) to four (why?). It's just too easy to add things you don't need!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • falsarafalsara member
    Yea.... I'm staying away from all registry things till at least August.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• falsara said:

Mmmm, pretzel dogs...

FI put an air compressor, a rototiller ($900), and a poker set on our registry. He also upped the quantity of crab rings we "need" from two (reasonable for two people) to four (why?). It's just too easy to add things you don't need!
    In case you ever have a party, you might want more?  That's how I reasoned everything.  For all the parties we throw.  So many parties. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • FI just vetoed my "smidgen" measuring cups and my espresso machine.

I don't like him very much right now.
  • We're not into cooking, so I actually found it hard to find "enough" to register for.  I also had to continually manage the registry between me changing my mind on things and things going out of stock (BBB & Target).

I think I registered for 43 items at BBB and 30-ish at Target, and my shower was this past weekend and only maybe 20 things were bought. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I am afraid to admit that I already have at least one of almost every single kitchen gadget available from BB&B... including the "tad, pinch, smidgen, etc" spoons, which pre-dated my FI but he continually makes fun of. If we get even one more zester or squeezer or cherry-pitter then we won't be able to close the drawers anymore and we'll be forced to either get rid of stuff or move to a place with a bigger kitchen (which gets my vote!).
  • Basically the only thing H cared about (and subsequently registered for) was a freaking deep fryer. We don't eat fried food. But lord knows you need a deep fryer.

It was one of the first gifts we got. A year later and it hasn't come out of the box yet.
  • @falsara Not to enable buuuuuuuuut........ If you have a Macy's card (or are planning on getting one) start your registry now! You earn registry rewards for every purchase you make at Macy's and purchases your guests make off your registry! I think it's 10% of your purchases and 5% of  your guests. It takes about 6 weeks after your wedding to get you reward gift card but it would be great for purchasing what's left on your registry. I'm not getting married to October 2016 but I started my registry now so I can start earning my rewards!
  • falsara said:

Mmmm, pretzel dogs...

In case you ever have a party, you might want more?  That's how I reasoned everything.  For all the parties we throw.  So many parties. 
    Bahahaha seriously, this is my justification for so many things on our registry. FI and I are total homebodies who throw nothing, but once we're married we'll become social butterflies and host ALL THE THINGS. I should probably take that stuff off now...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards