Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Cant decide on shoes for my bridesmaids

Hi I am getting different opinions from daughter and stepdaughter and cant make my mind up ...its my second wedding i dont remember my 1st wedding as wasnt that special :(   didnt have the dress bridesmaids etc so having it this time and getting excited ...but not very good at making these decisions dont have much confidence in myself :(  and  dont want to upset anyone .... we only having our granddaughters as bridesmaids ages 14 two are 11 and 7 should they all wear same shoes ? the eldest 3 are wearing same dresses the younger one will be different dress any help and advice willbe appreciated my first time here so not suyre if i have done this all correctly ! Thanks in advance ! x

Re: Cant decide on shoes for my bridesmaids

• Options
    You should let them pick their own shoes. You don't want them to be uncomfortable or in pain.
  • Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015

Hi I am getting different opinions from daughter and stepdaughter and cant make my mind up ...its my second wedding i dont remember my 1st wedding as wasnt that special :(   didnt have the dress bridesmaids etc so having it this time and getting excited ...but not very good at making these decisions dont have much confidence in myself :(  and  dont want to upset anyone .... we only having our granddaughters as bridesmaids ages 14 two are 11 and 7 should they all wear same shoes ? the eldest 3 are wearing same dresses the younger one will be different dress any help and advice willbe appreciated my first time here so not suyre if i have done this all correctly ! Thanks in advance ! x

Nope, the extent that you get to dictate what they wear ends at their dresses. Shoes, makeup, hair, accessories, etc, are all decided by then. So just let them choose and problem solved!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Nope, any shoes they're comfortable in will be just fine. If they already own a pair that will look nice, even better. Leave that up to them/their parents.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You could choose a neutral colour like black and have them choose any shoes in that colour, or you could just let them wear any shoes they want.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    No one notices BM shoes. I'd pick a color (and possibly a style) and ask them to stick with that. 

I asked mine to wear black heels. Done. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all your advice .....as we are paying for everything for the girls from head to toe  think the parents are leaving it up to us just wasnt sure if all should be the same :) x
  • Options
    You only need one period between sentences! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    i would make a day out of it with you and the grandchildren. go to the shoe store a place that has shoes for all ages and sizes such as payless or if you have a shoe dept aka shoe show store in your local  mall they carry sizes for children and adults. 

pick out a color that would work with the dresses and let them try and pick out there own shoes you could also go shopping for the accessories as well for them

i told my maids any shoe they wanted any size heals or if they preferred flats in an off white or nude color, everyone ended up wearing  heals 

• Options
    larrygaga said:

You only need one period between sentences! 

HOLY ELLIPSES, BATMAN,
  • Options
    I would just buy them a comfortable pair of flats in a neutral color that they can wear again. Or allow them to wear a pair of shoes they currently own.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards