Gay Weddings

Reactions to finding out both brides are wearing dresses. (A ramble..)

PumpkinJayPumpkinJay member
5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited May 2015 in Gay Weddings
So, every time someone finds out both of us are wearing dresses they get super confused. What in the world did you expect me to wear? My underwear and a party hat? We're not even wearing the same style (I'm casual and she's semi-formal). I guess they're just going on tradition and stereotypes or something. It might also be because I'm not very feminine in appearance. But the dress I found is pretty and suits look bad on me. Bleh! People are odd.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reactions to finding out both brides are wearing dresses. (A ramble..)

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That is odd. It seems people usually make judgments if one of the women in a gay couple is not wearing a dress. 

If you feel great in the dress- own it! 
  • justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Ugh typical "which one of you is the man and which is the woman" mindset. Uhhhhh both are women (unless one identifies differently). Just ignore them and wear what you look great in. 
  • Screw them. You both will look awesome rocking dresses!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We've been getting the same response, people seem to be very surprised that we both will be wearing dresses. You are not alone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad I'm not the only one. We were joking bout putting the only bridesman in the wedding party in a dress so that is was all together but opted not to. :) He was on board with it though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister, her wife (then FI) and I all went dress shopping together. 

The only reason I thought my sister shouldn't wear a wedding dress was bc I wanted the one she chose! It was awesome with a detachable skirt to reveal a short one for dancing at the reception! It was perfect. I was so jealous of her find!

Then our sister found the perfect one for me. (yea!) The shop was especially thrilled all 3 brides were going to wear dresses  ;) 

All 3 of of regularly wear dresses so I don't think anyone expected any different. Be you, wear what makes you happy! My sister never wears a pants suit, why would she on her wedding to make some fool feel more comfortable?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm honestly just excited to buy new shoes and wear a bit of makeup. Usually I toss on jeans and a shirt, pull my hair into a ponytail, and go about my day. Even our cats are getting bow ties for the occasion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm honestly just excited to buy new shoes and wear a bit of makeup. Usually I toss on jeans and a shirt, pull my hair into a ponytail, and go about my day. Even our cats are getting bow ties for the occasion.

Cats in bowties is weirder than two brides in dresses.  Just sayin.
  • Yes it is but they looked cute and were on sale. It's only on the collars and the orange goes well with their fur. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Always wear what you feel most comforatble in! But with that said I LOVE when both wear dresses... I love dresses and rather have 2 to look at then a suite anyways!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards