Favors

How to personalize our favors....

So we are having a masquerade ball themed wedding and decided to do masks for our favors, we didn't want everyone to think they had to bring their own. So my question is how do I personalize them? I know most favors will have the wedding date and the names of the bride & groom which I like but I don't know how to incorporate that on the mask. We don't really want to pay for each mask to be engraved or written on plus with the shape of the mask that would be hard to do, any suggestions?? :)

Re: How to personalize our favors....

• RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think you are going to get a lot of responses stating that everyone strongly prefers edible favors, and strongly dislikes personalized favors. I catered weddings for a period of time, and personalized favors had about 90% of them left at the venue.

If you are open to an edible favor, you could do a cookie in the shape of a mask.
  • So we are having a masquerade ball themed wedding and decided to do masks for our favors, we didn't want everyone to think they had to bring their own. So my question is how do I personalize them? I know most favors will have the wedding date and the names of the bride & groom which I like but I don't know how to incorporate that on the mask. We don't really want to pay for each mask to be engraved or written on plus with the shape of the mask that would be hard to do, any suggestions?? :)

I would not engrave or write on them at all. I personally would not want a masquerade mask and I especially would not want one with the couple's name and wedding date on them. Because if I were to take it home with me and a situation comes up where I would need a masquerade mask (emergency costume gala situation??) I would not want to use one with someone's name and wedding date on it.

So if you are dead set on the masks and are not going to change your mind on using them as your favors, I would leave them as is and not personalize them. However, I should warn you that many people may leave them behind as some people simply don't have the use or the room in their house for a masquerade mask.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I think this is a fun idea. PP are right and a lot of these will probably get left or thrown out when the people get home. I still think it's unique and people will enjoy using them at the wedding. If you want to personalize them I'd either put stuff on the inside of the masks or have a removable tag so that if people do want to use them again it doesn't have your names and wedding date on them. 

If you're concerned about a lot of them being left behind maybe use this as a photo-booth opportunity. If you're having a photo-booth have the props be masks and other fun masquerade stuff. You'd need less masks and you could personalize these since however you want since you'd be keeping them or you could let guests who did really want them take them home. If you aren't doing an actual photo booth maybe set up a DIY one with just a backdrop and the props and ask people to take pictures and use a hashtag.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think the fact that they're masquerade masks at all is personalized enough. But I would see it as a prop, not a favor, and probably leave it behind.

Favors aren't necessary though, so that's OK. And I would definitely have zero need or want for a masquerade mask with someone else's name and wedding date on it.

• I think the fact that they're masquerade masks at all is personalized enough. But I would see it as a prop, not a favor, and probably leave it behind.

Favors aren't necessary though, so that's OK. And I would definitely have zero need or want for a masquerade mask with someone else's name and wedding date on it.
    I too would think they are a prop and leave them behind.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm not trying to be snarky here, OP, but how do you honestly envisage your guests using this favour after your wedding? Do you see them displaying a mask with another couple's names and wedding date in their home? Do you see them having it in a memory box? 

Go ahead and get masks to use at your wedding, but I think the problem with favours is no one actually thinks through how they would be used. Do you really think people are going to use a mask again, especially with someone else's name on it?

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Well, as noted above, personalized favors are unpopular because they either can't be reused, or can but it's awkward to do so. And favors of a nonedible nature tend to be discarded because people don't understand them, can't or don't have occasion to use them in the future, and/or can't travel with them.

You can have masks as favors, but this is why they may be abandoned and not kept or appreciated in the way you'd like.
  • Whether or not is personally like this would depend a lot on the quality. I bought some beautiful masks when I was in Italy and I wouldn't mind having another. But I have 0 interest in keeping a $5.99 Party City mask made of plastic.
  • . I agree that these are more of a prop for the event, not a favor, though. And personalizing most favors gets a big "ugh" from me. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would have some masks for decorations or for props for people to have fun with for photos or while dancing. Now something that I would love as a guest that would incorporate your theme is would be a chocolate mask. You can even use edible glitter dust to add bling and shine in your colors to them.

http://www.amazon.com/Cybrtrayd-M158-Chocolate-Copyrighted-Instructions/dp/B000EJPKZM

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would not personalize them.

Sure, if you want to have them at each place setting so guests can wear them at your wedding, go for it. But I doubt anyone is going to display it in their home after, or if they do use it again, wants your names and date on it.

Favours don't need to be personalized. Most weddings I have been to, the favours are not. If they are, it's a small sticker on the packaging, not the actual object (which is often edible).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards