Attire & Accessories Forum

My dress came in!

I tried it on today and it fits! Will do alterations(bust, straps, length) closer to wedding. I'm not sure if I should keep the train or not. I'm 52. And second marriage. Not sure if it's bad etiquette or not lol. When I got married 32 years ago, it was so much easier. Belt or no belt?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My dress came in!

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hey I know that place! I tried on dresses there, they were very helpful. 

I think belt, it helps define the waist, and you can wear whatever you would like.
  • Thanks @justsie I've had people say the belt cuts me off so I wanted to ask the ladies here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a gorgeous dress. I love the sleeves. I personally prefer dresses without belts, but if you like it you should absolutely wear it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Beautiful !  don't cut that gorgeous train off !!!

YES! What she said!
     I am a "mature" bride as well .... 54, headed into a mature union. I feel this go around is soooo much easier. The lovely thing is etiquette allows you to dress and feel like a bride at ANY age. I love your belt too but you wear what makes you feel beautiful.
  • Belt. And keep the train. You look great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats, Denise!! You look great!
    *********************************************************************************

• With the belt!  You look stunning in that picture!
  • P.s. I'd suggest getting the belt cut and sewn right up to the corset so tying it doesn't take over the beauty of the corset :)
  • Beautiful! Please don't cut off that train! I love it. I also like the belt - it highlights your waist.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• You wear that gorgeous train. It would be a sin to lop it off! You can wear and have the wedding you want, regardless of your age or how many marriages you have. As long as you properly host your guests, they should have no reason to complain.

You look beautiful~
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ditto PPs - don't cut that train off! Etiquette only pertains to how you treat other people and nothing to do with what YOU choose to wear. 

You and the dress look gorgeous!

• Keep the belt and the train.  You are glowing in that photo. Congratulations.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! Y'all just boosted my ego! I will keep the train and belt!! Now to figure out shoes lol.

This is pic of venue. Guys are wearing dark blue jeans, white shirt and dark brown vest. First is ceremony site, then cocktail hour site then reception. The first 2 are ceremony site. Ideas for shoes?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't wanna poop on your parade, and you are certainly allowed to wear whatever you want, as I said earlier.

However, I think your dress and venue are too nice for the guys to be in blue jeans and a vest just doesn't go with jeans IMO. Is it too late to change their outfits?

Here is something that is a little more dressed down, however still appropriate for a wedding! FI was in a wedding where they wore something simliar, it cost him 60 bucks for the outfit and the guys looked amazing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Cool venue! For your shoes I probably wouldn't do heels if you'll be walking around in the grass. Just make sure you get something comfortable. I wore heels for my ceremony and took them off for the reception b/c they were hurting. I was so glad that I had flats as a back-up!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have to agree that blue jeans aren't really up to snuff for the guys. I'd at least get them in some dress pants, even if you skip the suit coats.

• That dress is beautiful! And if you like the train then ROCK IT. There's no etiquette rule that says you can't. I love the belt but I think the back would look nicer if it were sewn on instead of tied.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think that's the *perfect* venue for the guys to be in (nice, crisp, very dark) jeans! I might insist they wear jackets and ties with their vests for the ceremony, though, and you are *definitely* going to outshine them.

If you don't have nice cowboy boots, you could go for some pumps or flats in brown or camel suede. They're not going to be super visible under your dress, anyway, but something like that might fit the theme and be something you'd wear again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards