Snarky Brides

Ew. RANT.

So a Facebook friend is asking for RSVPs for her stag and doe. Talking about your stag and doe on Facebook is a no-no. Stag and does are just gross. I'm not paying for your wedding with raffles. And it's such a gross faux pa I don't know why anyone would be advertising it on Facebook. "But don't worry - no admission fee!" EW. Just ew.

Pay for your own wedding - the wedding you can afford. Pay for it on your own or with money your families may so graciously give. If you can't, elope or pay for what you can afford. No one should be fundraising for their wedding with such a gross party. 

Sorry for the major rant ladies but I am just in major shock as I don't typically ever hear about them in my area/circles. This is a first.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ew. RANT.

• I have no idea what a stage and doe party is but I agree that no one should solicit friends and family to pay for their wedding!
  • MJKloverMJKlover member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015
    I also had no idea what a stag and doe party was so I googled it. WTF?! It's a fundraising party? Like for realz?

• I never heard of stag & doe parties til I came to TK.... and yes they are gross!
    Married 9.12.15
  • So a Facebook friend is asking for RSVPs for her stag and doe. Talking about your stag and doe on Facebook is a no-no. Stag and does are just gross. I'm not paying for your wedding with raffles. And it's such a gross faux pa I don't know why anyone would be advertising it on Facebook. "But don't worry - no admission fee!" EW. Just ew.

Pay for your own wedding - the wedding you can afford. Pay for it on your own or with money your families may so graciously give. If you can't, elope or pay for what you can afford. No one should be fundraising for their wedding with such a gross party. 

Sorry for the major rant ladies but I am just in major shock as I don't typically ever hear about them in my area/circles. This is a first.

But how will everyone know when to show up to pay for your wedding?

Stag and does are super common in my hometown. Every single one involves the B/G and families creating a FB event inviting everyone on their friend list, even if these people aren't invited to the wedding. A lot of people go because drinks are cheaper than going to a bar. I still think it's gross.

Anniversary
  • Stag and Does are very common in my area too. However, among my group of friends, they are frowned upon. I get invited to Stag and Does all the time and I just decline. I'm usually not invited to the wedding so it's not a big deal. And yes, people who are not invited to your wedding are often invited to Stag & Does. At $20 per person, why not?
  • People have no shame! 

Begging for money is humiliating. 

• People have no shame! 

Begging for money is humiliating. 

For a wedding/party/any luxury. To clarify. :) 
  • This is what I found on Wikipedia: 

The intent of a stag and doe party is specifically to make a profit. Often, people who may not be close enough to the engaged couple to warrant an invitation to the wedding or reception (especially in the case of a small wedding), will attend the stag and doe so as to be part of the overall wedding celebration. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would be so offended if someone asked me to pay to attend a party to help them pay for their wedding or honeymoon and then find out I'm potentially not even invited to their actual wedding....that just sounds ridiculous. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That is just gauche and tacky. I've seen stag parties that were like bachelor parties mixed with pub crawls. Those, however, were usually just so the groom could get super sloshed on someone else's dime. I didn't realize people people actually did them to earn money.
  • So a Facebook friend is asking for RSVPs for her stag and doe. Talking about your stag and doe on Facebook is a no-no. Stag and does are just gross. I'm not paying for your wedding with raffles. And it's such a gross faux pa I don't know why anyone would be advertising it on Facebook. "But don't worry - no admission fee!" EW. Just ew.

But how will everyone know when to show up to pay for your wedding?

Stag and does are super common in my hometown. Every single one involves the B/G and families creating a FB event inviting everyone on their friend list, even if these people aren't invited to the wedding. A lot of people go because drinks are cheaper than going to a bar. I still think it's gross.

Your picture is freaking me the fuck out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Where is this ACTUALLY a thing!? I can't even believe it.
  • That is horrible.  I actually just got tagged the other day by a girl I know on FB for the link to her Go Fund Me account to pay for the wedding of her dreams......HUH???? People are doing these go fund me for everything its horrible.  I "kindly" replied sorry hunny I just got done working my ass off to pay for the wedding of my dreams, I cant afford to donate any money for your wedding.  GET A JOB, plan a longer engagement or go to the courthouse.  How do you expect other people to pay for anything for you, let alone your wedding???
  • That is horrible.  I actually just got tagged the other day by a girl I know on FB for the link to her Go Fund Me account to pay for the wedding of her dreams......HUH???? People are doing these go fund me for everything its horrible.  I "kindly" replied sorry hunny I just got done working my ass off to pay for the wedding of my dreams, I cant afford to donate any money for your wedding.  GET A JOB, plan a longer engagement or go to the courthouse.  How do you expect other people to pay for anything for you, let alone your wedding???
    I hope by "kindly" replied you mean that you replied verbatim with what you just wrote to us. <3<3

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Let me get this straight.... People invite you to a fund raising party for a wedding you might not be invited to.  WTF!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards