DIY Wedding Forum
Options

diy guest book

I have now decided to make our guest book! I found a really cute journal with blank pages at Micheals and it has burlap on it. So instead of just leaving blank pages I want to have some writing prompts for the guests to use. I don't want just signatures...where's the fun in that?! So, I found some cute writing prompts, but I'm looking for a few more. Does anyone have any good/funny ones that the have seen or like? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: diy guest book

• Options
    What do you have so far?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Favourite memory of the couple, date ideas, marriage advice, something they're looking forward to at the wedding?  Maybe have a mad-lib style page in there?
  • Options
    In theory, I understand you wanting to make the guest book meaningful.  However, the reality is that most guests probably won't want to spend 5+ minutes taking the time to form thoughts and write about memories or advice. 

Most guests will write a quick sentence or two and sign their names.  You also run the risk of guests not signing the book at all because they don't want to wait in a long line to write their thoughts.

If you really want this idea to be successful, you might be better off placing a page or two on each table.  The guests would have more time to write something meaningful, and be more comfortable doing it while seated, versus standing at a table.
  • Options
    If there are people lining up behind me, I'm signing my name and moving on. Might have more luck at the table but once food hits the table, I'm done writing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards