May 2016 Weddings

What day are you getting married?

Re: What day are you getting married?

• jq400 said:
    May 28, 2016! Over the nice long weekend so people can make a trip out of it! :)
    Yay.  Date twins!!! Congratulations!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're also May 29, 2016! So excited!
  • My fiance and I will be getting married on May 21, 2016! This also happens to be my future in-laws anniversary as well!
  • May 13, 2016! (yup, friday the 13th!) lol we just put down the deposit for our venue this past Friday! :)
  • May 14th. Its the day after my fiance's birthday and it happens to be his parents anniversary
  • May 21st!!! Confirming it today!  I am so excited!  Venue shopping seemed so frustrating- but we finally picked the perfect one!  (Of course my fiance likes to take credit for it, since he picked it out- haha!)  We basically have our caterer picked, and now we need to find a DJ, and a dress! (eek!)
  • My goodness, I can't believe how many other May 28th-ers (?) are on here! It will be our ten year anniversary together. I'm so excited I can't wait!! :D
  • edited March 2015
    changed it to June !
  • May 7, as of right now!  It seems so far away and so close at the same time :)
  • May 7.  It seemed so far when we booked it but now that its March the 1 year out is approaching quickly.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My goodness, I can't believe how many other May 28th-ers (?) are on here! It will be our ten year anniversary together. I'm so excited I can't wait!! :D

Aww, that's so exciting, and super romantic. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• May 29, 2016!! I think I saw another May 29th wedding on here. So excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was just engaged on Feb. 14 so we have not gotten much planned yet, but we are looking at May 20 or 21 for our date.  We are going to visit 2 venues on Saturday and hopefully choose one of them.  We worked out a rough draft guest list and who is in the wedding party so far.  Oh- and colors!  I think I know my colors. 
  • May 14th ! I changed it from February 2016 to may so we could have a outdoor reception.
  • May 14th in Saint Paul. Everything is going to be St. Paul local. We have our ceremony site, reception site, photographer, and caterer booked. I'm so excited to keep going but there is not too much more I can do since it's still so far out. BUT I am going dress shopping April 22nd!
  • May 14th in Saint Paul. Everything is going to be St. Paul local. We have our ceremony site, reception site, photographer, and caterer booked. I'm so excited to keep going but there is not too much more I can do since it's still so far out. BUT I am going dress shopping April 22nd!

Yaaaay for dress shopping!!!  That was a really fun part for me.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Seems like everyone is picking May 20th! We are getting married on the 14th but if the venue is booked are second choice is the 20th.
  • op0op0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Anyone else getting married on May 8th - Mother's day?
  • We were originally getting married in Oct 2015 but changed to May 2016. We are eloping on May 5th - 3 years from when we first met.
  • Hello ladies! My FI and I were originally planning on getting married on March 28th, 2015 but baby #2 decided to join us first! So we moved our date back to May 28th, 2016! Everything happens for a reason! My great grandparents, my grandparents, my parents and my FI's parents were all married on the 28th of a month. And it so happens that my parent's anniversary is on May 28th, so we will share that with them. :) My mom is thrilled! We are working on our guest list and the only thing officially booked is the DJ. The church (FI is Catholic) is picked but waiting for the meeting with the priest before it's confirmed. 
  • Congrats to all of you ladies! I just got engaged on December 18th, so I'm still super new to all of the planning, but we do have a date an venue. We'll be getting married May 21st at the Toledo Zoo. That and a rough draft of the guest list is about it for right now. We're also planning the wedding from out of state while I'm in nursing school. 

I'm from the Toledo area as well! Where are you having your reception at? I think the new aquarium would be pretty awesome, but my favorite area would be the Polar Bear exhibit. (If it was bigger of course). I hope you plan on getting pictures on the train and carousel! :) 
  • Jtsma10 said:

Hello ladies! My FI and I were originally planning on getting married on March 28th, 2015 but baby #2 decided to join us first! So we moved our date back to May 28th, 2016! Everything happens for a reason! My great grandparents, my grandparents, my parents and my FI's parents were all married on the 28th of a month. And it so happens that my parent's anniversary is on May 28th, so we will share that with them. :) My mom is thrilled! We are working on our guest list and the only thing officially booked is the DJ. The church (FI is Catholic) is picked but waiting for the meeting with the priest before it's confirmed. 

Yaay! Another date Twin!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are hoping for May 1, 2016 because it's our anniversary (we have been engaged a year now!) but open to May 15 or May 22.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Having a destination wedding makes it possible to get married any day. Our wedding planner advised a Monday or Tuesday to give everyone who is coming to get in and settled.  I chose may 30th because I wanted an even date..........don't ask me why, the 30th has no other significance to either one of us........just my being crazy wanting an even date.  It's a Monday ............memorial day for us....

• rox2112rox2112 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Having a destination wedding makes it possible to get married any day. Our wedding planner advised a Monday or Tuesday to give everyone who is coming to get in and settled.  I chose may 30th because I wanted an even date..........don't ask me why, the 30th has no other significance to either one of us........just my being crazy wanting an even date.  It's a Monday ............memorial day for us....

Agreed! That's why we're getting hitched on a Thursday in a semi destination. Technically isn't an elopement, as our friends and family are aware of our plans, but it will definitely be a small private wedding with the required witnesses, photographer and officiant. 
  • Another 05/29/2016 bride!
  • Add me to the May 7 list! :) (Anyone else not realize it was Mother's Day weekend before they booked everything? Whoops...) And lhitch87, my FI are the same, sort of- May 8th is our anniversary of dating so it was the natural choice for us! 

As for planning, we jumped right into it after our engagement! We moved away last year, so with our family and friends all in our hometown where the wedding will be, it's been nice to have the wedding to work on. We have our ceremony & reception venues booked, our bridal party picked (and shopping date for the bridesmaids set for this July), my dress is bought (Bought it at Christmas and I got to try it on last week!), my shoes are here, photographer is booked, caterer is booked & menu is set, registries are registered for, hotel block is booked, and DJ is booked. We've picked the MCs, who's saying grace, the readers at the church and picked their readings and asked them all, and the same with Ushers. We mailed our Save the Dates on May 7 of this year so people have gotten them now, which means our guest list is done, phew. They have our wedding website on them with lots of the additional info since we have so many out of province guests. 

We've also started doing some of the pickier stuff- gifts for the bridal party, moms, and readers are done, we've bought a bunch of our decor stuff (ie. table number frames, more ribbon than is reasonable, etc) and have bought a lot of the supplies for the DIY projects we'll be working on when we make trips home over the next year. We've got every artistic person we know drawing pages for our custom coloring book, and hair & makeup are all booked.

Some things they say it's to early to book (not my favourite thing to hear) but there's still a million things to get done. So far it's been a lot of fun!!

Looking forward to learning from all you guys over the next year !
  • May 21, 2016 :D 
  • The 21st!! I figure the weekend before Memorial Day no one should have plans.
  • Kaylee Galipeau I knew that May 7 was Mother's Day weekend but what I didn't realize that it was also First Communion weekend.  My God Daughter who is also one of my bridesmaid's daughter is making her First Communion the morning of my wedding.  I'm having an evening wedding so it will work out but it's not ideal.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards