Nevada-Las Vegas

Smaller wedding party - did you feel a little self conscious?

Hi all,

There are only 4 people coming with us to our wedding in Vegas from the UK - we wanted a small wedding. We are having our wedding meal at Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio which only seats 24 people but I am worried about feeling a little self conscious in my wedding dress? I don't even know why I have started to feel like this and I don't even have the same worry about our venue which does seat quite a few people (I think it is because it is private outdoors) or having photographs up and down the strip and in hotels -  I just feel a little more worried about the meal!

Did anyone else feel this on their day or is it something you are worried about?

Re: Smaller wedding party - did you feel a little self conscious?

• Hi, we are also travelling from UK with 13 guests, the reason we chose to "elope" in Vegas is that we didn't want a big wedding, I am looking forward to wandering about the strip in my dress, I bet the guys will get more attention as they are in kilts!

I wouldn't worry about the meal as from what I know of Vegas anything goes and I don't think a bride would look out of place in the Bellagio.

CCxx

• It was so much fun walking around in my dress. People were congratulating us and cheering us on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You see a lot of brides and grooms alone in Vegas, be it with a photographer or without! You'll get congratulated, but no one will think it's weird if you don't have a huge entourage (I'd be more inclined to think it's weird with a bigger group.)
  • I've definitely seen people walking around in wedding dresses and tuxes while on vacation in Vegas... if there's any place where wearing a wedding dress to dinner is almost normal, it's Vegas!
  • Thanks all - don't even know what it is, I just feel this way about the meal because there will only be another 18 people in the room!
  • Nothing to worry about at all.  Everyone loves weddings in Vegas and will love to see you enjoying the moment!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Thanks all - don't even know what it is, I just feel this way about the meal because there will only be another 18 people in the room!
    Girl, it's gonna be your special day! It doesn't matter if everyone else is in jeans and a t-shirt and you're in a ball gown, stilettos and a tiara. You're going to be in such a glow because you're marrying your %^(#%^$ HUSBAND that they could ask you to wear a tutu on your head and a shower curtain for a bikini for dinner and you'd be just happy to be there.

But seriously, you'll be just fine. The dress won't even be a second thought (other than avoiding spilling on yourself). I've had enough events where I've been the only one a fancy dress and no one else has.
  • xoeden said:

Thanks all - don't even know what it is, I just feel this way about the meal because there will only be another 18 people in the room!

Girl, it's gonna be your special day! It doesn't matter if everyone else is in jeans and a t-shirt and you're in a ball gown, stilettos and a tiara. You're going to be in such a glow because you're marrying your %^(#%^$ HUSBAND that they could ask you to wear a tutu on your head and a shower curtain for a bikini for dinner and you'd be just happy to be there.

But seriously, you'll be just fine. The dress won't even be a second thought (other than avoiding spilling on yourself). I've had enough events where I've been the only one a fancy dress and no one else has.

Love this, thank you so much :) x
  • We had 4 guests and it was amazing, we stayed together all day, did photos together etc, and had dinner in a restaurant with about 50 other people there, people just smiled when they saw us and that's it, wasn't weird or uncomfortable. By the time dinner comes round you just won't care anyway as you will be so excited by your wedding day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sasalewsasalew member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    If it helps, I ate at Prime a couple of years ago and I remember it being quite dark and intimate feeling. Most tables are set up to face the windows / fountain view rather than the door, so I'm sure you won't feel like anyone's watching you when you arrive :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards