Chit Chat

can't get outta my own head (TTC vent)

I imagine some of you might be in this same boat as me.  DH and I have been TTC since January.  Now, every month I over-analyze everything!!  One day I had a bit of a stomachache, maybe I'm pregnant. Some days my back hurts an extra huge amount, maybe i'm pregnant.  It seems like every little thing.  I'm trying to just ignore the voice in my head, but it's a bit nagging.  I suppose it doesn't help that I have a bit of an obsessive personality.

On top of that, I keep seeing adorable little babies everywhere. . . . It seems like all the moms who didn't want to be pregnant through the heat of the summer have given birth and they are everywhere with their adorable little ones.

Happy Tuesday!!

Re: can't get outta my own head (TTC vent)

• Been there!   It sucks when you feel like you are doing it right and it's not "taking". FWIW, I didn't feel pregnant either time until long after I was late. 
  • I am not in your position yet since DH and I are actually not TTC until next January. However, I have extreme baby fever. I see babies everywhere and I just want to say , screw our plan let's have a baby now! 

I'm sorry you feel stressed out! I hope it gets better!

• We're not TTC and I did the same thing this month. I woke up one morning and the smell of H's coffee made me nauseous. I gave me a hug, and my boobs hurt like a mother. I was exhausted all day. It was 10:30 at night and I NEEDED a cheeseburger and cantaloupe ASAP.  When H left to get the cheeseburger (because he's awesome like that) he came back with pregnancy test because he was concerned. It turned out to be nothing, but I totally understand. 
  • Yup! My best friend is the same way right now, she's been trying for only 2-3 months but I get emails from her about every slight tummy ache or anything that she thinks might possibly be pregnancy. I can't blame her at all, I know I will probably be the exact same way! I have no idea how to tell you to stop thinking like that lol. Good luck though!

• kaos16 said:
    I imagine some of you might be in this same boat as me.  DH and I have been TTC since January.  Now, every month I over-analyze everything!!  One day I had a bit of a stomachache, maybe I'm pregnant. Some days my back hurts an extra huge amount, maybe i'm pregnant.  It seems like every little thing.  I'm trying to just ignore the voice in my head, but it's a bit nagging.  I suppose it doesn't help that I have a bit of an obsessive personality.

On top of that, I keep seeing adorable little babies everywhere. . . . It seems like all the moms who didn't want to be pregnant through the heat of the summer have given birth and they are everywhere with their adorable little ones.

Happy Tuesday!!
    I am due early September. Basically, I will be at my most massive at the actual worst time of the summer. 

I have no advice on getting out of your own head, except maybe to start reading a new book or distract yourself somehow. I hope it all works out!
    *********************************************************************************

• I do this. Even though I knew I hadn't ovulated yet, I was still peeing on all the things all the time. Then when I finally did ovulate, even though H and I didn't have sex at the right time, I still read into every weird symptom and peed on so many sticks. Then I got my stupid period early. Bitches....

TTC is such a mindfuck. And EVERYONE around me is pregnant. It's ridiculous. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Symptom spotting is the worst but I also do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry you're going through this - I've definitely been there too. I have no advice really, other than do nice things for yourself that you can look forward to to distract yourself, and the annoying advice of just trying to enjoy time with your husband and the freedom of not having a kid (sorry - I hated when people used to tell me this!)  Now with a newborn, as much as I love him, I definitely miss the ability to go out and do whatever with my husband without worry about naps, feedings, who will watch him, etc. 
  • kaos16 said:

Happy Tuesday!!
    I am due early September. Basically, I will be at my most massive at the actual worst time of the summer. 

I have no advice on getting out of your own head, except maybe to start reading a new book or distract yourself somehow. I hope it all works out!
    My Mom had me at the end of August.  She said she really enjoyed being super pregnant in the summer because dressing was so much easier.  She said she threw on a loose summer dress and some sandals and was off.  With my sister, who was born in March, it was worse because of the snow and ice and the layers you had to wear to stay warm and finding a jacket that would fit your ever growing belly.  But I guess there are pros and cons to everything.

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    kaos16 said:

Happy Tuesday!!

My Mom had me at the end of August.  She said she really enjoyed being super pregnant in the summer because dressing was so much easier.  She said she threw on a loose summer dress and some sandals and was off.  With my sister, who was born in March, it was worse because of the snow and ice and the layers you had to wear to stay warm and finding a jacket that would fit your ever growing belly.  But I guess there are pros and cons to everything.
    I didn't think of that, but now that you are saying it, it makes a lot of sense.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    KatWAG said:
    Symptom spotting is the worst but I also do it.
    I love that I can reveal my crazy to you guys on here. . . . I do not tell IRL people, who was all think I was nuts!
  • kaos16 said:

Happy Tuesday!!

My mom had me in Sept and my sister in Feb and said the same thing as Maggie's mom!

Anniversary
  • I know, I was in the same boat, now I just realize I am just not going to get pregnant without medical intervention.  I am going for bloodwork and now have to take medication.  It's kind of a bummer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards