Favors

Bathroom baskets

Hello! Not sure if this should go here so apologies and please feel free to move this post. Obviously I'm not intending a bathroom basket as the favours (I suppose I put it here because it's free 'stuff' for guests?!) but I just wondered if anyone has provided some freshen up items for guests at the wedding reception and if so, what did you provide for each basket? I've got a pretty good idea of stuff for the girls one but no clue about the men's room basket. Any suggestions welcomed! Thank you x

Re: Bathroom baskets

• I think it's really nice when there's a bathroom basket, but I really wonder how much of the stuff ever actually gets used.

I would suggest gum, toothpicks, mints, would probably be the most useful things. 
  • I have to say, the last few weddings I've attended, those baskets went untouched. I can only speak for the ones in the ladies room though. Maybe the men use them. 

I would also do combs, mints, flossers, a Tide pen. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Spray deodorant, bobby pins, tampons, hair ties, mints, hair spray.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BAND-AIDS. 

Seriously, I was recently at a wedding as a bridesmaid, and that's long hours in dressy shoes. Before the dance floor even opened I was nursing a blister and lo and behold, the bathroom had a basket with a mini first aid kit. Saved!!!  The bride's mom had put them together. The bride said later she thought the tampon box was opened too.

• I've got tampons, wrapped mints, packs of gum, bobby pins, hairspray, Shout wipes, and will be going to get Band-aids today. Great idea.

3 days to go!
  • I also got qtips/cotton balls, nail polish remover & clear nail polish, lotion, & lint rollers, as well as everything mentioned above. And small packets of advil & pepto too. I probably ended up getting too much stuff, but I like to be overly prepared. And I got most of it at the Dollar Store so it wasn't too much!
  • In addition to what others posted, we had safety pins, tums, advil, and mouthwash+dixie cups in ours. 
    *********************************************************************************

• switSwoo00switSwoo00 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015
    Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. Any ideas for the men's basket? Also.... Would you include condoms? Edited for punctuation, because that helps
  • I'd include a lot of the similar things for the female baskets as I would for the male.  Obviously not tampons, but I think the mints, advil, pepto, floss/flossers, hairspray, first aid kid/band aids, shout wipes/tide pens could be useful for men too. 

I would not include condoms.  It's not your job to promote safe sex amongst consenting adults. 

Married 9.12.15
  • MizLiz3MizLiz3 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The bathroom baskets I've seen have been ripped apart and left almost completely empty- very popular!

As for a men's room basket, I asked FI what he remembers from them and a lot of it is the same as the women's.  The only additional item he mentioned was AXE body spray.

I agree that it's unnecessary to put condoms in the basket.
  • Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. Any ideas for the men's basket? Also.... Would you include condoms? Edited for punctuation, because that helps
    Are you intending for people to have sex during your reception?  LOL.  

I'd skip the condoms.  I was going to do a bathroom basket, but ran out of time.  And in the end, I realized that I usually carry what I need when I go to an event.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've never used anything from any basket I've ever seen in my life.  It's only 5 hours or so, I'll survive.  ;)
  • Bug spray/sunscreen for outdoor weddings is all I've ever used. We were at a dusk reception on the water last summer. Bug spray was awesome! I may have also gotten a sunburn on my back at my own wedding.
  • JoanE2012 said:
    Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. Any ideas for the men's basket? Also.... Would you include condoms? Edited for punctuation, because that helps

I'd skip the condoms.  I was going to do a bathroom basket, but ran out of time.  And in the end, I realized that I usually carry what I need when I go to an event.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've never used anything from any basket I've ever seen in my life.  It's only 5 hours or so, I'll survive.  ;)

Ha ha ideally not during the reception, I'm hoping they will have had enough sex during the ceremony..;)
    I just wondered, as this is something I had seen at a previous party (not a wedding though!) and it raised my eyebrow.... Thanks all for your suggestions x
  • No, I would not include condoms. 

To me, including condoms would either say, "I don't think y'all know about safe sex" or "I'm expecting a lot of random hookups at this wedding, so here ya go". Neither is a great message...
    *********************************************************************************

• A small sewing kit is also a great addition to both baskets!! We have amazing Ukrainian dancers in our circle (including dear FI) and have had more than one pair of split pants from a combination of unforgiving dress pants and impressive split jumps. It's not going to fix them forever, but at least they won't be flashing people on the dance floor ;) 
  • Lint rollers, gum, mouthwash, advil, Tide to-go stick, combs, bobby pins, nail files, nail polish remover, hairspray, safety pins, band aids, deodorant, cotton balls, and I agree - small sewing kit is a great idea!  We had them in the bathroom for our engagement party and people used a lot of the stuff.  We brought the leftover stuff home and have it for house guests to use if they need anything!
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    JoanE2012 said:

Ha ha ideally not during the reception, I'm hoping they will have had enough sex during the ceremony..;)
    I just wondered, as this is something I had seen at a previous party (not a wedding though!) and it raised my eyebrow.... Thanks all for your suggestions x
    ummm........
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    kaos16 said:

JoanE2012 said:

Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. Any ideas for the men's basket? Also.... Would you include condoms?

Edited for punctuation, because that helps

ummm........
    _______

She's joking.

I ditto PPs, I think things like lint rollers, advil, hairspray, Bobby pins, mouth wash, and bandaids works!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The last wedding I went to, the bathroom basket was well used! Even I was impressed that I used it.

Hair ties, hair brush, bobby pins, hair spray, deodorant, floss, gum, tampons, band aids, hand lotion, and chap stick.

For men, a comb, hair gel or hair wax instead of spray, deodorant, floss, gum, band aids, chap stick, lotion. 
  • Make-up, cologne/perfume samples are also nice to include. 
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015

We had them at our wedding and barely anything was left at the end of the night...

Some of the items we put in both bathrooms...  Pre-pasted toothbrushes (sounds silly, but they got used)...  Dental Floss picks (since they're intended to be single-use)...  sample-size deodorant... Stain wipes...  diaper wipes (if you're inviting kids)... combs...  sewing kit...  First Aid Kit...  Tylenol individual packs (I'm allergic to Advil as are a number of our family)...  travel-size mouthwash bottles..  Kleenex packs...  Nail clipper/file pack/polish...  Static Guard..  Hairspray...

• How about cigars?

We're only doing a basket in the womens bathroom.  FI thought a basket in the mens would be unappreciated and unnecessary.
  • AussieCat42AussieCat42 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2015
    switSwoo00 said: Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. Any ideas for the men's basket? Also.... Would you include condoms? Edited for punctuation, because that helps

-------------------------------------

Our venue actually put out bathroom baskets for us - we got a fair few compliments on it. They did put condoms in ours, and my 15 year old cousin stole aaaallllll of them from the men's bathroom and excitedly went out and told my mom about it. Why he thought his aunt needed to know about his condom raid, I'm not sure... but it definitely made his night!
  • edited September 2015
    How about cigars?

We're only doing a basket in the womens bathroom.  FI thought a basket in the mens would be unappreciated and unnecessary.
    I guess it depends on if your venue allows smoking. Ours did not, so cigars would have been a no-go. 

Our men's basket was pretty well used. We had different stuff in it. If I remember right, it was like: mints, mouthwash with dixie cups, those individual floss things, safety pins, tums, advil, static guard spray, a lint roller...

• My mens had gold bond, bandaids, spray deodoarant in addition to what we put in the women. We had a box of cigars going around... something about the cigars being so close to the bathroom and then putting it in my mouth just kind of grosses me out. Idk why because the mints and mouth wash didn't gross me out.

We just made sure to buy things that we knew we wouldn't be mad about keeping for ourselves- ie no cheap dollar store body spray.

• I've seen peroxide wipes for blisters or feminine issues. Dryer sheets are always great too, especially in the dry/cold months.  I've also seen dramamine, dry shampoo, wrinkle spray and benodryl itch cream.
  • VicTim328 said:
    I've seen peroxide wipes for blisters or feminine issues. Dryer sheets are always great too, especially in the dry/cold months.  I've also seen dramamine, dry shampoo, wrinkle spray and benodryl itch cream.
    Huh? 

And why dramamine?  I mean, unless you're on a boat.  Dry shampoo confuses me too - I can't see anyone using that during a 5 hour reception.  And if they would, they probably carry their own.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards