Chit Chat

Cupcakes

13»

Re: Cupcakes

• I too have no idea what the polar bear gifs meant.  I also don't know what the hydrogen peroxide gifs mean, or the crabs gifs or pretty much any other inside joke that I'm not a part of.  Isn't worth getting upset over though. 

While we're on the topic of "WTF DO THINGS MEAN?" (since this thread has pretty much gone way overboard on the "off topic" boat, can someone tell me what AW stands for?  Like, I get what it means, but what do the actual letters stand for?

Married 9.12.15
  • I too have no idea what the polar bear gifs meant.  I also don't know what the hydrogen peroxide gifs mean, or the crabs gifs or pretty much any other inside joke that I'm not a part of.  Isn't worth getting upset over though. 

While we're on the topic of "WTF DO THINGS MEAN?" (since this thread has pretty much gone way overboard on the "off topic" boat, can someone tell me what AW stands for?  Like, I get what it means, but what do the actual letters stand for?

ATTENTION WHORE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:

I too have no idea what the polar bear gifs meant.  I also don't know what the hydrogen peroxide gifs mean, or the crabs gifs or pretty much any other inside joke that I'm not a part of.  Isn't worth getting upset over though. 

ATTENTION WHORE

Well shit that's super obvious and now I feel dumb haha.  Thanks!
    Married 9.12.15
  • luckya23 said:

I too have no idea what the polar bear gifs meant.  I also don't know what the hydrogen peroxide gifs mean, or the crabs gifs or pretty much any other inside joke that I'm not a part of.  Isn't worth getting upset over though. 

ATTENTION WHORE

If it makes you feel any better, I had to ask the same thing. Like...months after I had joined.

Acronyms are hard, man.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    luckya23 said:

ATTENTION WHORE

If it makes you feel any better, I had to ask the same thing. Like...months after I had joined.

Acronyms are hard, man.

I just recently realized that s/o means spin off thread.
  • arrippa said:
    luckya23 said:

ATTENTION WHORE

Acronyms are hard, man.

I had to Google FTFY. 

Kids these days and their LMAOs and BRB and TTYL.

• arrippa said:
    luckya23 said:

ATTENTION WHORE

Acronyms are hard, man.

I never new what that meant, until now...Thanks.

• emmaaa said:

arrippa said:

luckya23 said:

ATTENTION WHORE

Acronyms are hard, man.

I never new what that meant, until now...Thanks.

A ton of these acronyms STILL confuse me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Knottie Acronyms

You're welcome ;)
    Sweet Hell. I never saw this thread.

• Knottie Acronyms

You're welcome ;)
    Sweet Hell. I never saw this thread.
    I looked for it the first week I was here and couldn't understand a thing anyone was saying. I'm old, I don't understand acronyms.
  • Knottie Acronyms

You're welcome ;)
    Sweet baby jesus this is helpful.  I always thought DD meant Delete n Dash LOL!
    Married 9.12.15
  • Knottie Acronyms

You're welcome ;)
    I thought it was dramatic delete lol

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Knottie Acronyms

You're welcome ;)

I like dramatic delete better than dirty delete.

• Knottie Acronyms

You're welcome ;)

Delete n Dash and Dramatic Delete work too! ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• kmbay84 said:
    Hello wonderful knotties,

Are any of you doing cupcakes for dessert?  If so, did you have them all at one table so guests can come over and pick which flavor they would like, or did you have a selection at each table? 

Thanks!

We're doing 2 kinds of cupcakes and instead of a receiving line, we're going to go around with them and offer the 2 kinds :) i've seen many people do it especially because you can get multiple flavours.
  • kmbay84 said:

Are any of you doing cupcakes for dessert?  If so, did you have them all at one table so guests can come over and pick which flavor they would like, or did you have a selection at each table? 

Thanks!

We're doing 2 kinds of cupcakes and instead of a receiving line, we're going to go around with them and offer the 2 kinds :) i've seen many people do it especially because you can get multiple flavours.

I'm not sure this is a great idea.

1) What if you drop them?

2) You really want to carry them around while you are trying to talk to people? They will want to hug you and chat - cupcakes will just be annoyance.

3) I'm impatient and don't like to watch other people eat cake while I'm sitting around waiting for you to get to me. I'd be annoyed.

Many of my friends have done different flavors of cupcakes at their weddings. They just labeled them on the cake table and it was fine.

• kmbay84 said:

Thanks!

My friends did something similar at their wedding but...a little easier then this sounds.

After dinner (before cake? after cake? I can't remember) they did table visits with small boxes of chocolate mints. They both have social anxiety so having a "reason" to get up and visit the tables made table visits easier for them. But the boxes were very small and easy to carry, I think cupcake trays would be less easy.

Also they had a pretty small wedding. I think 60-ish people. So not too many tables to visit.
  • kmbay84kmbay84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Lol no worries @arripa!  Thanks for all the input!  Yeah, we have about five different flavors, so I was thinking of just setting them up at a table and putting flavor identifiers with them as well. 
  • My sister had cupcakes on each table but also had extras on her dessert bar. People really seemed to like it and they could snack on the cupcakes or appetizers while waiting for dinner!
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    arrippa said:
    luckya23 said:

ATTENTION WHORE

Acronyms are hard, man.

Wow! I had no idea!  I assumed it had something to do with a significant other.

ETA: And I've been on the boards for almost three years.
  • kmbay84kmbay84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I thought s/o meant significant other as well!  The more you know!
  • kmbay84 said:
    I thought s/o meant significant other as well!  The more you know!
    SO = significant other
    s/o = spin off

• MagicInk said:
    kmbay84 said:

Thanks!

My friends did something similar at their wedding but...a little easier then this sounds.

After dinner (before cake? after cake? I can't remember) they did table visits with small boxes of chocolate mints. They both have social anxiety so having a "reason" to get up and visit the tables made table visits easier for them. But the boxes were very small and easy to carry, I think cupcake trays would be less easy.

Also they had a pretty small wedding. I think 60-ish people. So not too many tables to visit.
    we made arrangements with the location to either have a cart with them on that we or a server could push the cupcakes around. They suggested a server but it just seemed weird to have them follow us, so we'll prob just push a cart around.

our wedding isn't big, so it's a lot easier than it sounds
  • MagicInk said:
    kmbay84 said:

Thanks!

we made arrangements with the location to either have a cart with them on that we or a server could push the cupcakes around. They suggested a server but it just seemed weird to have them follow us, so we'll prob just push a cart around.

our wedding isn't big, so it's a lot easier than it sounds
    I would just makes sure it is a timely process. People are going to want their cupcakes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards