Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Work Shower Thank You Notes

edited May 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
What is the etiquette for work shower thank you notes?   My coworker threw me a shower and I got all gift cards.  My workplace is divided into "teams" and everyone has immediate coworkers; however, we all know each other and collaborate from time to time.    I got about 5 gifts cards from the different teams (each team did a collection) and that equals out to be about 40 people total.   Do I have to write 40 thank you notes or can I write one thank you note for each team.   

In the past, people have just written team thank you notes.  But, I'm not sure if this is the right etiquette. 

Re: Work Shower Thank You Notes

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'd write one for each person on your own team and one for each other team.
  • Options
    Did you get a card signed by everyone? If so use those names to write a thank you to each and every person. A personal thank you, rather then a group thank you means a lot more and shows that you truly appreciate their contribution since you took the time to write a thank you note directly to them.

• Options
    If 40 people contributed to the gift cards, then writing 40 thank you notes - one for each person - is the proper thing to do. If they signed cards, then the names in the cards each should receive a thank you note personally written to them, not the team.

A group thank you is only appropriate if no gift is given and they have cake and punch in your honor in the break room.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Do you know who contievuted to each gift? If so, I'd write individual TY notes.

For my work shower, I had no idea who contributed and who didn't. We have a very large department (60+ people). I wrote the team an email immediately and then a thank you card that I posted in our break room. I wrote individual TY notes to the people on my team who I knew organized the shower.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Do you know who contievuted to each gift? If so, I'd write individual TY notes. For my work shower, I had no idea who contributed and who didn't. We have a very large department (60+ people). I wrote the team an email immediately and then a thank you card that I posted in our break room. I wrote individual TY notes to the people on my team who I knew organized the shower.
    This was exactly my situation, and exactly what I did. They gave me a gift card, but I had no way of knowing who contributed. I knew my boss and a couple co-workers had organized the shower, picked up the cake, etc, so I wrote them each a thank-you note. The group got a group thank-you email and then a card. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards