Not Engaged Yet

AW - I'm a WIFE!!! (long long long)

Hiiiiii everyone!! I'm back, I'm a wife, and I REALLY don't want to be at work today. But, it'll give me time to do a proper AW of the wedding weekend and honeymoon!

Friday morning, my now-SIL (!!!) and I went into downtown Mystic for a little shopping. Being sisters now & all, I picked up a penny bracelet to match the one she got when she & BIL got married (it's a copper disc with a "B" engraved on it, with a tiny penny charm), and then she bought us both matching initial rings: 

Then we went to pick up @swazzle from the train station, and we all met my MOH at the nail salon for manis & pedis. We went back to the ILs house to get ready for the rehearsal & dinner, and met everyone at the Arts Center for that. It went wonderfully - my godmother, who performed our ceremony, wanted to see if the one long line of our vows needed to be broken up, so she had us recite that - and H (!!!) totally choked up!! We had an amazing dinner, and then the girls & I headed over to our little house for the night. We drank wine, and laughed, and peeled @swazzle's sunburned legs. 

We went to bed after midnight (because we needed to stay up until it was officially my wedding day, of course), and then, every time I was ALMOST asleep, MOH would roll over & say "you're getting married" and then I would get excited again, haha. 

We got up in the morning & MOH made us all a DELICIOUS breakfast of eggs, bacon, and french toast, with mimosas, of course). @swazzle & I headed over to the salon to get our makeup done, and it was perfect! (I ended up taking off my fake eyelashes, but other than that, perfect). We went back to the house to get our hairs done. 

@buddysmom80 stopped by to give me a little blue locket to pin under my dress, because I didn't have anything blue!! (she totally cried.)

The flowers arrived, and were perfect, despite the florist being an absolute trainwreck space cadet. She was literally the only stress I had all week/weekend. Thank goodness they ended up spectacular, or there would have been issues.

H gave me a GORGEOUS necklace that matches my ring perfectly - unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the necklace, but this is when I got it.

All ready to go!

My ridiculously handsome HUSBAND.

Our first look (H BAWLED.)

The colors of the dresses were absolute PERFECTION.

Then it was off to the Arts Center. 

With my MOH:

My dad with the ladies in the holding room:
(Such a stud.)

Walking me down the aisle:

Getting introduced:

Some of the details. Everything was PERFECT.

The seating chart got a little jacked up, but it was still awesome:

The table card holders were little Violets!

We weren't happy AT ALL.

All night I just kept thinking "This is such an awesome wedding!!" and then "This is OUR WEDDING!!" It was 100% the best day of my life. The food was the best I've ever put in my mouth. The DJ brought the house down. The photographer was fantastic (and I'm impatiently waiting for his post). My friends all loved each other. The families were ecstatic. I don't think anything will ever top this day. 

We had a delightful brunch the next morning at ILs house, and then we jetted off to Aruba. I don't have any pictures of that yet - my phone was OFF the entire week, and all the pics are on H's phone. But, this is long enough anyway!! I'm a wife!! I have a husband!! :-D

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW - I'm a WIFE!!! (long long long)

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I COULD NOT LOVE THIS HARDER IF I TRIED.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    FAVORITE WEDDING AW/RECAP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't even know what else to say because I really love it THAT MUCH! Overwhelmed.

• Why can't I love this more than once? Grrrrr! Your wedding looks absolutely perfect. YOU ARE SO PRETTY! I just can't get over how wonderful it all was. Congrats, OMH!

• Your flowers and reception were absolutely gorgeous!  You were a beautiful bride...  congrats!
  • edited May 2015
    OMG LOVE ALL OF THIS!!! I wish @labro and I could have been flies on the wall to see everything lol. I can't wait to see some pictures from your photographer and hear about the honeymoon!
  • YAY!!! What a lovely couple and prefect wedding!!! So happy for you!!! So many explanation points!!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Swazzle said:
    I COULD NOT LOVE THIS HARDER IF I TRIED.

NO EXCUSES. TRY HARDER.

@GoldenPenguin - You could not have looked more radiant! So jealous I didn't get to be there.

• I love everything about this.  I am so glad you had such a wonderful day.  You look beautiful!!!

Anniversary

• LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! You look fantastic and it sounds like everything went perfectly! Congrats <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What a wonderful wedding! Congratulations!
  • And now I'm crying at my desk! I love all of this!!!! Welcome home, Mrs. Penguin!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• It looks like your wedding turned out PERFECT!

You guys look so happy and great together!!
    So glad everything turned out so well!!

Anniversary
  • I LOVE all of this!! Your whole post made me smile so much! You look so amazingly happy and beautiful and I'm so, so glad your wedding was perfect!

• I love everything about this!! You both look so happy and in love! 
  • YES!!!!!!!!!! this is all amazing!! i love your hair, you are gorgeous!!! H is adorable and i love love LOVE the BM dresses!! alos LOVE YOUR CAKE! and the reception venue looks spectacular! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! welcome back and CONGRATS!!!
  • Holy smokes! Gorgeous! I love the reception set up. Congrats!
  • I love every single thing in this post. But where is the pic of your blingy new wedding band?! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• YAYYY! I'm in absolute love with your hair comb (I think it's a comb? with the flowers...) All the little details you made are amazing. Everyone looks so gorgeous and happy! I'm so glad you had an awesome day! 
  • I want to love this more than once! I actually started tearing up at my desk looking through the beautiful pics and seeing how happy everyone is and how absolutely in love you and your H (!!!!!!) are. It looks like it was an awesome wedding and I am so glad to hear that it went so well :). I can't wait to see pictures from Aruba! 

• Congrats! So glad the day was amazing! You guys look so incredibly happy :)

• @goldenpenguin - YES. I'm obsessed... mmmkay?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Awww! It's month end at work so I didn't really have time to read all the detail but you look absolutely beautiful!! Congrats! Everything looks so pretty from the bridesmaids to the bouquets to the cake- everything!!

• Your e-ring and wedding band are so perfect together!! Beautiful :)

• Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! I love that your H choked up saying vows at the rehearsal! I would have just bawled right there.
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Wow- your reception decor is on point, so beautiful!!!! And you look amazing! I want my hair to look as good as yours did, again beautiful!!! Congrats @goldenpenguin!!!
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    DEAD FROM AWESOME
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards