Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Postponing your honeymoon.

2»

Re: Postponing your honeymoon.

• Options

We're marrying in October, having a wedding celebration in December and then honeymooning in January. We just don't have enough time to do a honeymoon right after the wedding. And I like stretching things out as much as possible.

No. No. No. It's fine postponing your honeymoon for whatever reason. It is not okay getting married in October and having the "wedding" in December. When you get married in October, you're married. There's no need for a wedding ceremony in December.

• Options

We're marrying in October, having a wedding celebration in December and then honeymooning in January. We just don't have enough time to do a honeymoon right after the wedding. And I like stretching things out as much as possible.

No. No. No. It's fine postponing your honeymoon for whatever reason. It is not okay getting married in October and having the "wedding" in December. When you get married in October, you're married. There's no need for a wedding ceremony in December.

I am well aware that there is no reason for a wedding ceremony in the December ceremony (though I'd like to know where I said I was having a second ceremony). The December event is called in many circles a "Wedding Celebration" which is just an event to celebrate the wedding that has already taken place (you can call it a second reception on the other side of the country if you prefer). There will be no second ceremony (though that would be fun) but instead we have another way to bring the October ceremony to the December event. Then we are going on our honeymoon in January.
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:

Oh lordy.
    Your issue is?
  • Options

I am well aware that there is no reason for a wedding ceremony in the December ceremony (though I'd like to know where I said I was having a second ceremony). The December event is called in many circles a "Wedding Celebration" which is just an event to celebrate the wedding that has already taken place (you can call it a second reception on the other side of the country if you prefer). There will be no second ceremony (though that would be fun) but instead we have another way to bring the October ceremony to the December event. Then we are going on our honeymoon in January.

It's true- you did not mention having a second ceremony. The others should have seen that as well. But, there was absolutely NO reason to mention having a wedding celebration. It should have been "we're getting married in October and honeymooning in January." You've been lurking long enough, and involved enough on the DW board, to know that it would stir the pot.

• Options

It's true- you did not mention having a second ceremony. The others should have seen that as well. But, there was absolutely NO reason to mention having a wedding celebration. It should have been "we're getting married in October and honeymooning in January." You've been lurking long enough, and involved enough on the DW board, to know that it would stir the pot.

Actually I didn't think it would raise any questions but explain one of the many reasons why we're delaying. Sheesh. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.
  • Options
    We were initially planning on going right after the wedding but because of work obligations and stuff, we're postponing it by another month.  Actually, I'm really relieved that we did.  There's so much at work (for the both of us) going on that I would feel awful not being there for 2 weeks straight.  And we can actually relax!
  • Options
    We got married in June, had a "mini-moon" for a couple days after the wedding, and then took our actual honeymoon 10 weeks later to Mexico. We had to do this because my husband is in the army, and he had training the whole summer after the wedding. Going right after we were married wasn't an option.  I liked the fact that we were not rushing right after our wedding.  We took our time to get to our hotel the Sunday after we got married...went to church, had lunch, opened our presents...  Nice and relaxing.  Our actual honeymoon was a different story...We left the day after my best friend got married (not on purpose, it is just how the cards ended up being dealt!). it was so hectic! (I know it wasn't MY wedding, but I was still involved with all the wedding festivities, and adding to it losing our passports that night was not fun!).  I never want to do a trip like that again. I like giving myself time to plan, and not run around frantically.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards