Chit Chat

Who Buys This Sh!t?

edited May 2015 in Chit Chat
Got a random catalog in the mail yesterday from some company I'd never heard of- everything from electronics to housewares and this....

Really? Who buys this shit? Ugliest thing you've seen online or catalog shopping?

Re: Who Buys This Sh!t?

• That is fugly.

Also, I keep imagining all the cat hair that would end up stuck in all the ruffles.  *shudder*
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

I think the lady (can't remember that actresses name) in your gif might buy it.  They sorta go together :)

But yeah, that's pretty awful. 

I'd like to be the writer that writes the descriptions of things like that for the catalog, a la Elaine Benes. 

Married 9.12.15
  • edited May 2015

I think the lady (can't remember that actresses name) in your gif might buy it.  They sorta go together :)

But yeah, that's pretty awful. 

I'd like to be the writer that writes the descriptions of things like that for the catalog, a la Elaine Benes. 

That's Mae West. OMG! I love Elaine and I'm cracking up thinkng about what she'd have to say about about this.

ETF: stupid autocorrect
  • Why does it say $13.99 a month? Are you telling me that there are people willing to not only by this but put it on a line of credit?!

Yeah- it seed like a catalog of rent to own crap. I really want to know how this made it to my mailbox. I have better taste, I promise!
  • Why does it say $13.99 a month? Are you telling me that there are people willing to not only by this but put it on a line of credit?!
    Yes now for the low low price of $13.99 a month, you can now own this lovely ruffle monstrosity! Act fast though! Operators are standing by!

• edited May 2015
    JoanE2012 said:

I would've bought it if they included the damn bedskirt.  Without it, it will look soooo unfinished.  It's like wearing a glittery top with no pants.  ;)

Yeah saw that too. How could you crush my dreams? Not even BBB has a bed skirt to match all that hideousness.
  • Holy hell, I thought it was a purse at first glance. That is just horrifying.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There was a lot of that kind of stuff in the stores in the islands.  I never believed the islanders really like the stuff. It was more that it was our only choices, living on a island  and all.

I seriously believe all the shit they could not sell in the states ended up in the islands. With things being so expensive to ship off, they just kept them.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

...except replace skirt with comforter. Barf.

• Wow.

I used to love looking at the International Male catalog in college.   We'd giggle at the mesh pants with included undies. 
  • You guys are making me feel so bad. I have that on my bed. JUST KIDDING.
  • justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I didn't even see this shit was called the "romance comforter set". It has crystals, that paired with ruffles does scream "romance".
  • You guys are making me feel so bad. I have that on my bed. JUST KIDDING.
    ---Boxes----

You make a good point though.  We must be careful what we say about this beautiful bedding lest we offend someone who has this on their registry.  ;)
  • Got a random catalog in the mail yesterday from some company I'd nevery heard of- everything from electronics to housewares and this.... Really? Who buys this shit? Ugliest thing you've seen online or catalog shopping? image
    Well that's ... unique.
  • justsie said:

I didn't even see this shit was called the "romance comforter set". It has crystals, that paired with ruffles does scream "romance".

I was going to say that I think it'd make any man turn and run, but it should make *anyone* turn and run.
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It has matching curtains! Sign me up.......to throw up over it. That might improve it.
  • This is amazing. I kind of want it for one of our guest rooms. How hilarious would it be? 

I can picture someone starting to laugh and me being like, "what's so funny?"
    *********************************************************************************

• omg that thing is hilarious!!

I always love looking through Skymall because I find they have the most "who would buy that?!" items.

• I don't think you guys see the upside to something this hideous. When you MIL and FIL come over and ask to stay for the weekend, you show them the guest room all decked out in this and they will NEVER ask to stay again! This works for "old college friends", annoying siblings, and general lay-abouts who want to crash at your place!
  • jenna8984 said:

omg that thing is hilarious!!

I always love looking through Skymall because I find they have the most "who would buy that?!" items.

FI and I always play a game when we're on a plane, called - "Find the craziest and/or most useless object in the Skymall catalog". One of my favorites is always the life-sized yeti statue for your backyard.

• anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I can't get over the fact that it comes in multiple colors. I mean, the green is the most hideous, but you could buy it in all the colors for all the seasons!
  • I don't think you guys see the upside to something this hideous. When you MIL and FIL come over and ask to stay for the weekend, you show them the guest room all decked out in this and they will NEVER ask to stay again! This works for "old college friends", annoying siblings, and general lay-abouts who want to crash at your place!

I live in a studio; unless they're sleeping on a mattress on my kitchen floor (which you have to walk part way into to use our one bathroom) there's no where for any guest to stay.  FWIW, I love my in-laws!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards