Nevada-Las Vegas

MARRIED! Reviews May 21st 2015

Hotel & ceremony - Mandarin Oriental – A+

We had our wedding in The Edge, the private room inside the Mandarin Bar. The room was the reason we booked, the view is spectacular. It was really bright on the day so we had the blinds down for the ceremony then they immediately raised them for photos.  Rev William MacFarland III was our officiant and he was lovely, he really put us both at ease and made the ceremony quick and simple like we asked for. I had a beautiful huge bouquet, corsages for 4 female guests and buttonholes for my groom and 3 male guests. I started my planning process with Angela the wedding planner but she left the company after Christmas and so we had Ashley on the day, she was great, nothing was too much trouble and I was glad to meet her the day before and she was there for me all day on the wedding day. We used Mandarin’s recommended photographer (though they allow anyone) Ron Dillon. He was fantastic, I can’t wait to see the photos because he got every shot I asked for and he knew exactly how to pose us to get some good shots. There’s a reason the hotel is number 1 on Trip Advisor, it is pure luxury. We had a corner suite and had champagne and strawberries and a hand written note from the manager waiting for us when we checked in. My only negative about the hotel is we had trouble finding it in the car (Brits driving in the US for the first time was stressful!) It’s also valet parking only and $20 per night so we parked at Aria. Worth noting we stayed at Platinum for 3 nights before going to Mandarin and I would not hesitate to recommend it, the suite was HUGE! Again we had trouble finding the entrance and it’s another valet parking only but the size of the suite for the cost is great.

Hair & Make Up – Glamsquad – A

I had airbrush make up, false lashes and my hair in an up do. Couldn’t have been happier. I’ve never had my make up done before so when James was doing my eyes I kept flinching and pulling away. I couldn’t feel the airbrush make up at all it was so light but gave great coverage and lasted all day. The lashes stayed on and looked natural but glamourous at the same time. Loved my hair too, she must have used a thousand pins, it took me half an hour to get it down at the end of the day.

Transportation – Eddie Powers (Elvis) & his pink Corvette – B

As a surprise I booked Eddie to drive me and my new husband to our reception venue in his pink Corvette. We love 50s so we wanted photos with the car! He was waiting for us out front when we got there and got us loads of photos BUT to be brutally honest we weren’t very keen on Eddie as Elvis. He looked great and it was a laugh but for us he was too over the top and cheesy. It was very cringe!

Reception venue – Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite – A+

I LOVED the suite. It’s absolutely beautiful – in the flesh it’s 10x better than photos. AND THE VIEW!! WOW! We were on the 51st floor in the east tower overlooking the fountains. It could not have been more perfect. My Mum did a great job decorating and moving chairs about so there was room for the photobooth and later dancing! I wanted flowers to decorate but we only had time to go to Walmart the day before and all their flowers were wilting and ugly. We did however get stocked up on booze and didn’t have any trouble getting it up to the suite. Cosmo also made our wedding cake, exactly how I asked. It was beautiful and delicious, but a lot went to waste.

Catering – Masterpiece Cuisine – A+

Firstly, my main worry was them getting into the suite, as I know it’s discussed on here a lot. They were booked for heavy apps and a chef/bartender to serve 5-7pm. They arrived at 2pm to set up, and didn’t have any problems getting in at all. Christopher was our chef and he was wonderful. I was worried that with only 9 guests it would be strange having staff but he was so discreet and yet there whenever he was needed. The food was DELICIOUS. I wish I’d eaten more. We had the sliders – chicken, beef & pulled pork, the shrimp display, ceasar teaser, asparagus & prosciutto and the mozzarella skewers. Everything was amazing.

Photobooth – Taylored Photo Memories – A

I was lucky enough to win the photobooth in a competition. McKenzi is really nice, she set up the photobooth in front of one of the Cosmo suites curtains and it looked great! They provide loads of fun props and it was a hit. The photo strips are gorgeous, the design she made for us was lovely. The only reason it’s an A and not an A+ is because when she arrived she asked me when the party was starting and the rest of the guests were arriving. I was a bit insulted by that! But I have absolutely nothing to complain about, the photobooth was a great addition to our day, and it’s so nice to have some instant photos! 

Sorry this is so long! I really enjoyed reading long reviews when I was planning. My final tip for brides to be is to CHILL OUT. I was SO stressed the day before that I lost my temper with my son and new husband and wish I had to relaxed. I was also really nervous before the ceremony and felt like I was going to be sick, I could barely pay attention to what the Reverend was saying during the ceremony, it is a complete blur. I'm going to try get some photos up for you all asap too!

Re: MARRIED! Reviews May 21st 2015

• This is all I've got from my phone! The third one is to show you where I left my bouquet the day after :D
  • CONGRATS!!! Sounds like everything went well :) I LOVE the Platinum and will for sure be staying there next time we go to Vegas. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amiexxamiexx member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2015
    Congrats :) the view looks amazing x
  • CONGRATULATIONS!
    And never apologize for long reviews, we love 'em! Thank you for the info!
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    How many guests did you have in the wrap around? We toured it and it felt so small!
  • sasalewsasalew member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Congrats and thanks for the reviews! Can't wait to see more photos when you have them :) I'm doing an in-suite at Cosmo too, so I'm so glad it went well! We're you able to guarantee an east tower suite or did you just have to hope for the best and ask at check in?
  • Yep we were guaranteed a suite with a fountain view in the east tower. We only had 8 guests including our two year old. I think 20 would be the most I'd have. It felt just about right for space when the photobooth, photographer and chef were all there too.
  • sasalewsasalew member
    Thanks @finallymrsroberts ! We have 22 people, so might be pushing it a little, but it's only for drinks so should be fine :) How did you get the room guaranteed? We've booked our suite already but been told there's no way they can promise a certain location - and obviously I'm dying for east tower!
  • I started out contacting their wedding planners as I was considering having the ceremony there, and somehow booked the room with them for 3 nights. I ordered the cake through them too so they knew all along we were holding wedding celebrations there. She emailed me about a month before asking if we wanted to order food or drinks, and I just lied and said we were going for dinner before having cake in the suite!
  • sasalewsasalew member
    That's awesome, I didn't know you could book suites through the wedding planners. We just booked our wraparound through a travel agent with the rest of our trip, but they told us there's no way to guarantee a "premium view"...I might need to start arguing with them now!
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    Congrats! Please more pics! Your dress looks beautiful :-)
    Anniversary
  • Congrats!! Sounds amazing and I love the pics!

May 21 is a great day- we celebrated 10 years on the 21st. ;)

We also LOVED the Cosmo Wraparound suite.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards