Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! Having a hard time with jewelry

I thought I found the perfect jewelry, but I was wrong. It didn't look good with the dress, too distracting.

I think what would go best is a small, simple necklace, stud earrings and a bracelet. I just had my 1st dress fitting yesterday, so I don't see it again for another month. How the heck do I shop for jewelry, when I can't try it with the dress?

I would love to hear your ideas, thoughts, opinions. I will attach a pic of my dress, Just the top part has the detailing on it.

Re: Help! Having a hard time with jewelry

• I'd probably go with something like this:

Or if you want it to be more simple:
    *********************************************************************************

• I really like the set southerbelle suggested! And may I say I was having a hard time thinking of jewelry, your chest ladies are magnificent! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really like the set southerbelle suggested! And may I say I was having a hard time thinking of jewelry, your chest ladies are magnificent! 

I like those too, that's kind of what I had in mind.
    lol, my chest ladies?! You are funny and thank you!
  • Honestly, I'd skip the necklace and do a stunning pair of drop earrings and maybe a sparkly bracelet if you want a  bit more bling.  I'm generally not a fan of necklaces with wedding dresses.....usually the dress alone is enough and a necklace competes too much.
  • JoanE2012 said:
    Honestly, I'd skip the necklace and do a stunning pair of drop earrings and maybe a sparkly bracelet if you want a  bit more bling.  I'm generally not a fan of necklaces with wedding dresses.....usually the dress alone is enough and a necklace competes too much.

This is what I am heading toward. I have a strapless gown but I am not a huge fan of necklaces. I do wear one every day...a very small silver cross but I hate big things around my neck. I like earrings much better in my daily life so i am going to purchase a pair of drop earrings and perhaps a bracelet. I know the super chunky look can be in right now. Big earrings and big necklaces but that is not me, I just feel too overwhelmed. The dress is very pretty! You will find lots of good options!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards