Attire & Accessories Forum

Bustles??

I've heard there are different types of bustles. How do you determine which one to choose? Does anyone have pictures? TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bustles??

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    I googled to find the different types.  I found one that I loved, but when I brought it to my seamstress, she basically said that due to the style of my dress, really only one bustle type would work and look good.  So yeah, I had no choice!  In the end, it was beautiful though.

I would talk to your seamstress to see what types would work.  They will also be able to pin your dress up so you can see what it would look like.

This site will give you some ideas of what the different types look like:

• Thanks @JoanE2012 I will take a look
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That link that Joan posted is really great.  But in the end you need to listen to your seamstress and his/her advice on what bustle would be best for your gown.  Not only to really show off any detail that may be on your train but that will hold your train the best.

• mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Yes, my seamstress was very definitive that the French bustle is the best choice for my dress, and since I know absolutely nothing about this I went with that. I think this is one decision better left to the experts...
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards