Chit Chat
Options

I think it's time for (re)introductions

I've noticed a lot of new faces around here so I thought it'd be good to have another introduction (or re-introduction) thread. I'll start...

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on match.com about 3 years ago and got married Oct 2014. Best $35 I ever spent!

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged about a year and a half ago. I'm an occasional poster.

Any pets? Not yet, but I'm working on getting through to DH.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Shop (if I have the money) or drink margaritas by the pool.

What would be your dream job? Event planner or travel blogger.

What's your favorite food? Mac and cheese...or tacos...or both.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? I prefer mustard. But I will eat mayo in chicken salad or potato salad.

Anything else? We bought a house about 3 months ago and still haven't finished unpacking. But it's pretty cool to say that it's "our home".

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I think it's time for (re)introductions

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? I met my GF online.  

How long have you been on TK? Since the fall of 2012.  I was engaged to my ex when I first really started posting, I think.

Any pets? Two kitties, Cali and Maggie.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Shop, read, watch movies, play RPGs, and play board games. 

What would be your dream job? Working at an animal shelter or rescue center of some kind.

What's your favorite food? Coconut cream pie.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? None of the above, please.

Anything else? GF and I live a few hours away from each other and sometimes I refer to her as A on here (though that does remind me of Pretty Little Liars, so maybe that's not a good "name" for her :P).  I love weddings and the users on here.  If you are new and reading this, hello and welcome.

• Options
    I want to play!

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met in high school, but only started dating a couple years ago.

How long have you been on TK? Uhh... I don't actually remember. It's been a while.

Any pets? Two beautiful cats :) 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read, go the cottage or binge watch Criminal Minds and One Tree Hill. 

What would be your dream job? I know this is going to sound lame... but I would love to be a stay at home Mom.

What's your favorite food? Fettuccine Alfredo or Caesar salad.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup. Ketchup on everything.

Anything else? My cat likes to empty our hamper and make a nest out of our clothes. I'm not even mad because it's adorable. 

• Options
    I like this idea!

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? H and I actually went to high school together (graduated the same year) but never knew each other. We were finally introduced a little over three years ago by a mutual friend. 

How long have you been on TK? I created this account back in 2012 to start poking around at wedding stuff - I actively started posting once H proposed in October of 2013. 

Any pets?  Yes! We have a little yorkie/silky terrier named Fred Jackson. He's my baby.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Play with my pup, go hiking, camping, wine/beer tasting

What would be your dream job? I'm not sure that I have a dream job - ultimately I'd love to be a stay at home dog mom, if I didn't think I'd go insane from having nothing to do lol. For now, my current job is fine and pays me well enough.

What's your favorite food? This is so hard! Right now I'd have to say buffalo chicken anything - mac & cheese, sandwiches, pizza....yum

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mustard is awful. Yuck. Give me mayo or ketchup all day long.

Anything else? H and I still haven't taken a honeymoon - trying to decide which tropical location we want to go to. Any suggestions are welcome!

• Options

Oh fun!

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? I met H at a bar. He was living a state away and was visiting his friend.

How long have you been on TK? Approx a year and a half.

Any pets? Yep! We have a beagle named Bailey, a cat named Zillie, and a gerbil named Mr. Gerbil.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read, cook, paint

What would be your dream job? Not having to work!

What's your favorite food? Pad thai

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? I love mayo!

Anything else? We are trying for baby #1 right now. Fingers crossed it is a good month!

• Options
    @cupcait927 I'm a little biased, but DH and I honeymooned at Secrets Maroma beach and loved it! Check out Secrets resorts - they all look nice!

@sarawifenow I'm hoping it's a good month for you guys too!! :)

• Options
    @beachyone15 Thanks for the rec! I had been looking at Secrets resorts because I've always heard good things about them.
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We went to JHS together and reconnected through mutual friends as sophomores in college. We are not engaged yet, though.

How long have you been on TK? I joined last November to lurk and ease my bsc-ness on waiting for the proposal. I've learned so much and thoroughly enjoy reading the threads on here, I'm trying to become more of an active poster.

Any pets?  Unfortunately, no. I would love to get a puppy when my son gets a bit older though. My parents have two dogs, a chow chow named Stitch and an akita and her name is Saphira. They are the two sweetest dogs.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Spend time with my boys. My son is 2 and loves to be outside so parks are regularly on the schedule. I love to read and go out to eat and shop.

What would be your dream job? I'm not sure that I have a dream job - I've been struggling to find something I'm passionate about for a while. I have my BA in English LA and thought that teaching was in the cards for me but now I don't think so. I currently work in logistics, dispatching drivers in import work and I hate it but it pays the bills.

What's your favorite food? My favorite food is food. I do love crabcakes and anything cheesy.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...?  I hate big globs of mayo on anything. If it's on a sandwich it must be spread evenly and absorbed by the bread, no globs! Ketchup and mustard on everything.

Anything else? I'm a little obsessed with everything wedding right now. I may need help. My SO and I have discussed a timeline and we are planning to be engaged by the next spring at the absolute latest. Please help me maintain my sanity until then.

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on match.com as well! Our first date was at a museum, and then we had our First Look photos there for our wedding. 

How long have you been on TK? Two years? A little more? I signed up shortly before getting officially engaged. 

Any pets? No, I'm allergic unfortunately. But I love cats. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time?  Eat at nice restaurants/try new foods, travel (the first two hinge on money); or read fiction novels. 

What would be your dream job? Travel. The new Rick Steves. 

What's your favorite food?  Gonna have to go with pizza. 

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mustard

Anything else?  Marathon training starts next week... and I love carb-loading more than I love running, I think. Mmm... carbs. 

• Options
    ashtsbashtsb member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its

This is fun! I am still very new here, mainly lurking :)

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We were friends in school but didn't start dating til a year after we graduated!

How long have you been on TK? Eh, a few months maybe? I only found these boards a few weeks ago.

Any pets? We have two cats, Jinx and Max. Jinx just had 5 little kitties!

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Board games, comic books, watch movies

What would be your dream job? I would like to own my own business someday

What's your favorite food? Chinese all day ever day if I could!

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo on everything!

Anything else? Moving in just two weeks to a new apartment!

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met freshman year of college through mutual friends.

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged, about 9 months.

Any pets? FI has a dog, and as soon as we get a house I'll be getting a puppy of my own.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Netflix, golf, anything outside really (as long as it's warm). If it's rainy or cold, curling up with a good book.

What would be your dream job? Anything that would allow me to travel, or event planner. And someday, a mom.

What's your favorite food? Sushi, and good pizza.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Not a huge fan of mustard, except on like chicken. Mayo I'll do on sandwiches and stuff. Love ketchup on burgers, fries, etc. What about ranch, any ranch lovers out there???

Anything else? FI and I are long distance, and it sucks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met in high school.  He was my prom date.

How long have you been on TK? I can't even remember when I joined but it was because I was a BM in a friends wedding.  I didn't really start posting on these boards until a week or so before my wedding back in 2011.

Any pets? A yellow lab named Gracie.  She is turning 4 this month.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Lounge around the house.  Or now that it is warm, lay out on my deck and read.

What would be your dream job? Stay at home wife or owner of a bridal boutique if working was a must.

What's your favorite food? Wow this one is hard.  For a full meal I love me a good steak with sauteed onions, a baked potato and some biscuits with honey.  But I also love pasta and cheese and pizza and steamed crabs with a side of corn on the cob slathered with butter.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup.  I do not like mustard and the only time I will eat mayo is if I am eating tuna salad.

Anything else? We are currently working on finishing our basement.  And are also trying to plan a trip somewhere other then our typical vacation spots of Florida and OC MD.

• Options
    @loveislouder - I want to be a stay at home mom too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @anrforanr Yes, love ranch and ranch-flavored things! DH makes really good ranch pretzels.

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Dated his friend back in 2010, then we hit it off right after that ended 

How long have you been on TK? I think...2012? 

Any pets? 2 bunnies and 2 dogs. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Sleep. Look at homes to buy. Play vidya games. 

What would be your dream job? Video game designer/tester

What's your favorite food? Mac and cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Hate it all. None. I'm a picky eater. 

Anything else? I just discovered my new favorite drink- lemonade and vodka. I guess this is called LemonDrops or something. My FI had to tell me. I thought I discovered it because I had to ask the bartender to make it for me. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    @anrforanr Yes, love ranch and ranch-flavored things! DH makes really good ranch pretzels.
    Ranch pretzels? That sounds so good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We've known each other since we were kids (he was my cousin's best friend) and he asked me out when we ran in to each other at a football game a few years ago. 

How long have you been on TK? I joined awhile back when I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding but didn't start actively reading the boards until last August when we got engaged.

Any pets? FI and I both brought dogs in to the relationship. We have a pug and a pit mix. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Spend time with our families. I grew up living 5 hours away from my very large extended family and now that I only live within minutes of 95% of them, I love having the opportunity to do all the "normal, every day" things like go to my cousin's little league games, dance recitals, etc. And I'm very lucky that FI's family is just as wonderful as mine.

What would be your dream job? I think my current job could be my dream job (construction contracts attorney) if a few things/people around my office were to change. 

What's your favorite food? Sushi, definitely. I could eat it for every meal if I could afford it!

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo or mustard. I'm not a fan of ketchup. Love tomatoes but ketchup does not appeal to me. 

Anything else? We are under the 6 month mark to the wedding and I am trying very hard to contain my excitement on a daily basis. 

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    MadHops21 said:

I just discovered my new favorite drink- lemonade and vodka. I guess this is called LemonDrops or something. My FI had to tell me. I thought I discovered it because I had to ask the bartender to make it for me. 

Lemonade and Iced Tea Vodka (Firefly) is also really good.  Basically a spiked Arnold Palmer.

• Options
    BouxRadleyBouxRadley member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Online. OkStupid. 

How long have you been on TK? < 6 months. I've been lurking for probably a year though. 

Any pets? Griswold, he's a Corgi. Trying to talk FI into a puppy, but so far he ain't havin' it. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read. I spend like 95% of my time doing that. Or I'm at my parents. I spend more time there now than I ever did when I actually LIVED there. 

What would be your dream job? I'd love to own a coffee shop. Or not work at all. Or actually be able to make money as a professional organizer. I also went to school to be a sex therapist for a couple years.  

What's your favorite food? Sushi. Any and all varieties. 

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? My southern-ness requires me to say mayo. But as long as it's not ketchup I can deal. 

Anything else? I usually cheat at board games to see if I get caught. It amuses me. 

ETA: werds is dumb. 

• Options
    MadHops21 said:

I just discovered my new favorite drink- lemonade and vodka. I guess this is called LemonDrops or something. My FI had to tell me. I thought I discovered it because I had to ask the bartender to make it for me. 

Lemonade and Iced Tea Vodka (Firefly) is also really good.  Basically a spiked Arnold Palmer.
    Yes! I discovered that last summer - so good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ashncoal you must post a picture of the 5 kittens! 

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? DH and I started going to school together in Kindergarten and have been friends since. We started dating in high school though.

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged about a year and a half ago. 

Any pets? We have 3 dogs (June, Loretta and Bama) and a cat (Wynona) that live with us. We have 2 dogs (Kayla and Bo) that with DH's parents.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Since I feel like I'm always busy, I like to do absolutely nothing in my free time. Watch TV and lay around.

What would be your dream job? Right now I'm a Senior Programs and Special Events Coordinator for a town's recreation department. Eventually I'd love to be the Director of a Recreation Department.

What's your favorite food? One singular food? I have no clue. Meal? Ribeye steak cooked rare, loaded baked potato and a good salad.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Yes to mayonaise. Absolutely not to mustard. Sometimes for ketchup.

Anything else? DH and I currently rent a house and we want to start looking to buy a home soon-ish.

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Online. OkStupid. 

How long have you been on TK? < 6 months. 

Any pets? Griswold, he's a Corgi. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read. I spend like 95% of my time doing that. 

What would be your dream job? I'd love to own a coffee shop. Or not work at all. Or actually be able to make money as a professional organizer. 

What's your favorite food? Sushi. Any and all varieties. 

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? My southern-ness requires me to say mayo. But as long as it's not ketchup I can deal. 

Anything else? I usually cheat at board games to see if I get caught. It amuses me

Hahaha- so do I. I rarely get caught but I end up giving myself away when I begin incessantly laughing for no apparent reason.

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? On a bowling team :)

How long have you been on TK? I joined a million years ago when my sister got married and I was her MOH but didn't post until I got engaged in October 2013

Any pets? I really want a dog but I  have to work on H about it!

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Travel, spend time with friends, crafts, lately fixing up our new house

What would be your dream job? I currently work in a field I am very interested in, doing work I (generally) like but I want to stay at home with kids in the (hopefully) near future

What's your favorite food? Can't say no to taco night

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? None of the above, really? I guess mustard if I have to pick, but only the yellow stuff- nothing spicy

Anything else? Just moved from Manhattan to the suburbs and love it. Also, I am a twin- is that interesting enough?
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on myspace!! Hey, we were 19 and that shit was still cool 7 years ago.

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged in September of 2013.

Any pets? We have our rescue Aussie, Tequila.. my horse, Harley.. and our new corgi puppy, Gator, arrives next week!!

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? I love to read. I can also be found wasting away in front of the TV with a series on Netflix.

What would be your dream job? Travel agent or event planner.

What's your favorite food? I love most all foods... Pizza is a top contender, along with tacos.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? ketchup!

Anything else? I've been riding horses for 15 years and my first horse is coming back to me this fall after 8 years apart!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnoble said:

Any pets? We have our rescue Aussie, Tequila.. my horse, Harley.. and our new corgi puppy, Gator, arrives next week!!

I AM SO JEALOUS. I've been trying to get another one for a few months now. I've actually gotten desperate. I send FI at least 15 pictures a day of corgi puppies. I think it's working. 
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? In college. We worked on the campus newspaper together and were friends for a few years before we started dating after graduation.

How long have you been on TK? I created an account after we got engaged but didn't participate in the community until recently.

Any pets? Not of our own, but his parents have a dog and mine have cats. We might get a dog. Or a cat. But not for a while.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Shop online, read, bike, faff about online

What would be your dream job? PR for a hospital or university

What's your favorite food? Pretty much anything Mexican, especially enchiladas.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Honey mustard. Always.

Anything else? We aren't living together until after the wedding, and the moving process will begin the first weekend in August, with our wedding following a few weeks after. My mind will be happily in Florida on the beach outside our private bungalow throughout that whole process.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll play:

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met in a class at university almost 7 years ago and have been together ever since.

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged in December

Any pets? One dog, she is our baby

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read! Or Netflix marathons

What would be your dream job? Something where I get paid to travel

What's your favorite food? Mac and cheese and SUSHI

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup and ranch

Anything else? I have grown to attached to Wilson (a tree we planted), last night in a crazy storm I felt bad for him being outside and wished I could bring him in. I guess naming the tree worked, I haven't killed him yet! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on the now defunct dating advice message boards for E-Harmony.  I lived in CA and he lived in CO, but he thought I was cute in my avatar picture and told me to look him up if I ever came out to CO.  Since I visited CO often, I PM'd him, and 3 weeks later I flew out to meet him.  We had a few "rendezvous" dates in San Francisco and San Diego, and I came out to CO 2 more times.  In May of 2012 I moved out to CO and in with him.  We got engaged in Feb of this year.

How long have you been on TK? Apparently I've had an account for years, although I don't know why.  Must have been looking at pictures for a friend or something.  I started actively participating in February of this year, when we got engaged.

Any pets? We have 2 basset hounts, Winnie (short for Winifred) will be 2 in August and Deacon just turned 10 in April.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Honestly? I love to veg out in front of the TV.  I don't do it often though as I'm usually pretty busy.  I love to cook so if I have the time, I like to take on cooking "projects".  Last one was making homemade ravioli.  We LOVE hockey, have NHL Avalanche season tickets, and I watch pretty much every playoff game even when he's out of town.  Season's almost over and thankfully our wedding is coming up so I'll have something to do til next October :)

What would be your dream job? Full time interior designer.  I do small gigs on the side for house flippers, but it'd never be enough to make a full time living at it.  I work in real estate/title right now. I also wouldn't mind staying at home with Hypothetical Child.

What's your favorite food? Oh man I'm not sure where to start.  I like meat?  Maybe a really nice bacon cheeseburger cooked medium rare.  Or a ribeye with baked potato?

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? None of the above.  BBQ sauce.  I guess second option would be mustard, although I tend to like grainy/brown/Dijon instead of the regular yellow.

Anything else? I lived the "city" life in Chicago for most of my 20s.  If you had asked me 5 years ago if I would be living the life I'm living now (in the country, going to country music shows, owning cowboy boots and being happy sitting on a back porch with a drink and my dude), I would have said, "Uh yeah, hell no".  But I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything now :)

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? just over 3 years ago he saw me post on a mutual friends FB and thought I was cute, called up mutual friend and asked if she thought we'd be a good match and if she would set us up! 

How long have you been on TK? Just over a year. Got engaged March 2014 and have been around on here since, more increased presence as of late as work is slow and I need distraction

Any pets? Nope. I am really not a pet person. I am allergic to cats and am terrified of dogs. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Hike! Love a good long walk in the woods. It's so nice and relaxing and destressing.

What would be your dream job? I don't necessarily have something I am passionate about career wise, I am jealous of people who know 'what they want to be when they grow up'. I am more about the amenities the job provides me in relation to home life. Home for supper every night, never bringing the work home with you. Weekends off. Decent amount of vacation and personal days. Great benefits. To me those are what makes the dream job.

What's your favorite food? Grilled Salmon

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...?  Tangy zip of Miracle Whip!

Anything else? FI is a pilot and he wears a super sexy uniform to work, although I am disappointed every day that the uniform does not include one of those hats. Seriously. The hat would just  make everything that much sexier. I must talk to their HR about this. 

• Options
    MadHops21 said:

Whelp, looks like I'm spending Jamaica next week drunk. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards